Billie Joe to appear on Tonight Show 9/22

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Heather. said:

Since he's the third guest listed should we assume this is a solo musical performance (not an interview)?

Possibly, but it looks like there's clips of Shawn Mendes doing a sitdown with Jimmy and other fun stuff, so Billie could have a spot on the couch. I really hope it's not another boring gig like Conan earlier this year where he just comes on, does "Ordinary World," and that's it. :\

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

Possibly, but it looks like there's clips of Shawn Mendes doing a sitdown with Jimmy and other fun stuff, so Billie could have a spot on the couch. I really hope it's not another boring gig like Conan earlier this year where he just comes on, does "Ordinary World," and that's it. :\

Oh please no

This is kind of weird because it's just him and not the band. I would guess he's promoting GC Festival. Pearl Jam did that on Colbert the day before the 2015 festival and had a short interview + played two songs. But that was the full band. I really wish I could go to this :/ I hope some actual fans will be in the crowd not just random tourists who don't care. 

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

https://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show

Billie will be a guest on Fallon's Tonight show on Friday 9/22

awesomeness..I always thought Jimmy have great friendship Billie.the last time the band were on tonight show is from 2010..and promotion for Revrad 2016, i am sure jimmy would want for Billie to sit and chat or play fun game, but it is odd why only Billie?..I am guessing Billie is on his own.

8 minutes ago, jengd said:

Too many guests, as usual!  Even if he is chatting it will be so short it'll just be frustrating!  

well it is better then nothing..right?..i wonder what fun game he will played w/Jimmy..maybe water-war!

Whatever it is I'll take it! But can we talk about how all the other guests' pictures are publicity/red carpet style photos while his is a fucking instagram selfie? :lol:

Yes, true, anything is good, I just think he would be a great guest to have a proper chat with on one of :lol:these shows.  Still looking forward to it - I will have to check that the UK one is broadcast the same night.  Love the selfie, very Billie Joe of him 

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Whatever it is I'll take it! But can we talk about how all the other guests' pictures are publicity/red carpet style photos while his is a fucking instagram selfie? :lol:

That's so appropriate though isn't it -- total DIY 😁

Whatever it is I'll be happy to see it. I love talk show appearances. Maybe he talk about the experience of doing Michael Moore's show the night before too.

Of course I've always wanted Billie to get the chance to confront Jimmy about this abomination:

😂

This is a mystery. It's odd that it's just Billie. It seems he would be the musical guest since no one else is for that episode. Maybe he'll do the acoustic medley he does currently at the end of shows. Don't know what else he would do. Really hoping for an interview but not getting my hopes up.

He won't do OW, that ship has sailed. I still don't think he's going to sing anything but if he does then maybe acoustic WMUWSE? But I'm betting talk and no song.

I would think that doing a solo sit-down interview with Fallon would be extremely anxiety producing for Billie, but it would be awesome. 

17 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I would think that doing a solo sit-down interview with Fallon would be extremely anxiety producing for Billie, but it would be awesome. 

Billie has done stuff solo before. I don't know why this would bring him any more anxiety than others he has done. 

20 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

He's used to interviews with an audience and he knows Fallon so probably no more nervous than he would be before anything. Actually I think Moore's Broadway show will be more nervewracking for him because it's back on a theatre stage and an unconventional format. He's gonna have to be quick witted for that one.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's so appropriate though isn't it -- total DIY 😁

Whatever it is I'll be happy to see it. I love talk show appearances. Maybe he talk about the experience of doing Michael Moore's show the night before too.

Of course I've always wanted Billie to get the chance to confront Jimmy about this abomination:

😂

What the hell is this?!  I've never seen it! :lol:

Damn it! I don't have NBC anymore!

Hopefully, someone will put it on Youtube?

And why only Billie? Unless he has a surprise for us or wants to talk about something more personal (life? opinion? whatever!), it's weird to have him alone for the interview. But, it isn't uncommon for other bands to send one or 2 members to deal with interviews. Perhaps the new management decided to send only the lead singer to promote the concert in NY instead of the entire band.

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

What do you mean by...anxiety producing Billie? You were hoping Fallon talking Billie to do more solo project in future? Because I would love to hear it!👍

Just now, Caroline Truong said:

What do you mean by...anxiety producing Billie? You were hoping Fallon talking Billie to do more solo project in future? Because I would love to hear it!👍

No, I just mean that Billie has social anxiety and is more comfortable when he's with his 2 band mates I'm sure. You can just tell that sometimes in interviews he struggles with what to say & is thinking too much.  And I agree with whoever said the Michael Moore thing will be more anxiety-producing. But I'm sure he'll do fine in both.

I do see this possibly as a new management choice. The band has done multiple talk shows during Rev Rad, time for something different. I'm sure the management is aware that Billie attracts the most attention of the 3 and that people might tune in just out of curiosity to see what he'll do or say. I wouldn't be surprised if they want him to do an interview and say something attention-grabbing. 

Archived