Billie Joe to appear on Tonight Show 9/22

pacejunkie punk

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Omg he is actually the FOURTH guest. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get bumped but at the very least don't expect any talk time. OW is pretty short so he probably only gets two minutes.

Where the heck did they get this pic of Billie? Looks like it's off Instagram.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Bingo! :lol:

23 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It is.:lol:

1 hour ago, AimieeSmith said:

This is such a stupid idea to perform Ordinary World - he's already performed it on CONAN and the whole band are in town for the Global Citizenship festival . So why not play a new song from Revolution Radio  :dry:

It doesn't make sense unless they decided to make OW the next single instead of Forever Now, which is possible. New management might have had a say. 

well...it's a solo performance so, to be honest I think that ordinary world it's the right choice 😊 

12 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It doesn't make sense unless they decided to make OW the next single instead of Forever Now, which is possible. New management might have had a say. 

In that case, although I had a postive impression thus far, new management would be out of their minds lol...

21 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

In that case, although I had a postive impression thus far, new management would be out of their minds lol...

Hey Ed Sheehan pulls it off every other single. And he's not nearly as attractive as Billie 😝

I'm actually excited for ordinary world if that's what he plays. It's extremely beautiful live and I loved the one for Conan. He traded ordinary world for WMUWSE lately which is fantastic but I've also wanted to hear OW live again too :runaround:

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

Hey Ed Sheehan pulls it off every other single. And he's not nearly as attractive as Billie 😝

I was just talking about this with a friend. Sheehan looks like a sexy mofo when he's rocking an accoustic like nobody else can in the world (that's not a flamenco player or something)

I love Ordinary World and as literally every song I've seen them play live, I love it more when it's played live.

I don't really know American shows and how it goes, but from what I can tell, yeah OW seems also like a right choice to me for that show. I don't think that as such is a sign to OW replacing Forever Now - my fav fav song - as the next single. And even if... :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

I love Ordinary World and as literally every song I've seen them play live, I love it more when it's played live.

I don't really know American shows and how it goes, but from what I can tell, yeah OW seems also like a right choice to me for that show. I don't think that as such is a sign to OW replacing Forever Now - my fav fav song - as the next single. And even if... :rolleyes:

Also I realized that some people are saying they stuffed Billie in as the fourth guest, well I'm sure they have to think about timing and Forever Now is pretty long. 

28 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I was just talking about this with a friend. Sheehan looks like a sexy mofo when he's rocking an accoustic like nobody else can in the world (that's not a flamenco player or something)

I respectfully disagree. But I do respect him because he is a true musician. And a Green Day fan.

9 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

Also I realized that some people are saying they stuffed Billie in as the fourth guest, well I'm sure they have to think about timing and Forever Now is pretty long. 

I had suggested Somewhere Now, not FN, which I think is shorter. Doesn't matter anyway.

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

I respectfully disagree. But I do respect him because he is a true musician. And a Green Day fan.

I guess that will always be subjective... (though I don't understand how one could not fall for Billie :wub:) I'm not personally attracted to Ed Sheehan at all.

His birthday is the same as Billie's, funny! :lol:

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I had suggested Somewhere Now, not FN, which I think is shorter. Doesn't matter anyway.

I love SN even more than OW but it would surprise me of he choose that kind of show to play it, since the band has only played it a handful of times live and never in front of a big audience (apart from the Instagram live which isn't really the same). Though I wouldn't complain either! ;)

Wow I'm disappointed :/ I wish he would perform something else. I was gonna ask for a livestream but meh. I like the song but he has been performing it on Late Night last year, it seems kinda half assed.

He played OW. His voice sounded great though. Probably the best version I've heard him do that song. No couch time. 

I love Ordinary World, so I'm perfectly happy about this.  The only disappointment for me for the Oakland and Wrigley shows was that it was dropped.  I do think it is odd for him to play it a year in, but hey, Billie on tv, publicity for the album (and maybe Global Citizen), I'm happy.

5 hours ago, lizziebix said:

4 guests? Sounds like he was a last minute add to promote the next day's festival. 

I think the third guest was the last minute add. He wasn't even listed on the website. I didn't know there was four until I was in the studio.

I'm glad BJA got a nice response from the crowd when Fallon mentioned him as the musical guest. I also like that they dedicated a minute to talking about the album cover. 

Archived