Billie Joe To Make Appearance in Michael Moore’s Broadway Show

Billie Joes Eyelids

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there last night! The funniest part was when Billie mentioned Joey and Jakob growing up under Obama's presidency, he said "'my sons are 22 and 19" and the entire theater GASPED - the guy behind me muttered "how old were you when you had them, 3?!" :lol:

Billie told Moore that he was a big fan of his and seemed to have a good time. I'm not sure if his participation in the dance was planned. It kinda seemed like he just snuck out there and messed around. It was the least scripted part of the show for sure. I doubt he'd have been involved if not for Michael Mayer but I don't think he only did it as a favor. Probably also thought it could be a good experience. It was such a brief appearance and Moore's show has been terrible about promoting guests so might've just been something that just slipped by on his end for promotion. 

Thanks for the write up, seems like a good overview of what was said

9 hours ago, lucky_stars said:

I was there last night! The funniest part was when Billie mentioned Joey and Jakob growing up under Obama's presidency, he said "'my sons are 22 and 19" and the entire theater GASPED - the guy behind me muttered "how old were you when you had them, 3?!" :lol:

Amazing :lol: 

Green Day Singer to Michael Moore: Trump 'Not Much Different From Saddam Hussein'

Gone are the days of rock being anti-establishment. Today’s crop of recording artists seems guided by Democratic Party affiliation, and none more so than rocker Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day.

The outspoken left-wing frontman with permanent eyeliner made disparaging marks against President Trump on Thursday, at anti-capitalist, multi-millionaire hypocrite Michael Moore’s one-man Broadway show, The Terms of My Surrender.

“The first time I heard of Trump legitimately running for president,” Armstrong told Moore during the end-of-show onstage interview, “the first thing I thought of was fascism. I was just thinking of all the buildings he’s got his name on. That type of narcissism — wow, that’s not that much different from Saddam Hussein. He’s batsh*t crazy.”

That's a strange assessment of branding from the owner of Green Day, which sells Green Day records, Green Day T-shirts, Green Day posters, Green Day hats, Green Day flags, Green Day patches, Green Day (Billie Joe) masks, Green Day stuffed animals, and Green Day pins…not to mention Green Day swag sold at the (Broadway and touring) Green Day musical.

Armstrong continued, with an unclear characterization of the President: ”This isn't just a Republican that you're dealing with.  He’s no longer the leader of the free world. I've never seen a president that was no longer that.”

At the end of the evening’s performance, Moore — a capitalist known for making and selling a movie which raged against capitalism — played "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" and danced for the crowd.

Just prior to the spectacle, Armstrong exited, leaving the audience with a typically absurd characterization of the political right: "[My sons] look at it and they're like, 'We have Satan as the President of the United States.' And I was like, 'We've had Satan before, and we voted Satan out.’"

Over the years, Billie Joe Armstrong’s invective against conservatives and America has gone beyond the pale, and the thought of him passing it along to children is disturbing -- although not nearly as disturbing as the thought of Michael Moore dancing.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/green-day-singer-michael-moore-trump-not-much-different-saddam-hussein#.

Owner of Gd :ermm:

There is a big difference between BJ flogging merchandise & being a President. Also GD is a business - big shock - they want to make money. 

Stupid article. 

Sounds a lot like Breitbart lmao. This style makes my stomach churn, even more so since I got to read some materials from the Third Reich. It's the same propaganda using same words.

take a look at the whole website, it's quite something. Also I'm sharing this, if someone wanted to see the reasoning behind their narrative 

http://www.davidhorowitzfreedomcenter.org/school-for-political-warfare/

My comments to the article in red:

8 hours ago, desertrose said:

Green Day Singer to Michael Moore: Trump 'Not Much Different From Saddam Hussein'

Gone are the days of rock being anti-establishment. Today’s crop of recording artists seems guided by Democratic Party affiliation, and none more so than rocker Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day.

It's anti-establishment to speak out loud when you "seem guided by Democratic Party affiliation" which make some people conclude that you're pro-establishment.

The outspoken left-wing frontman with permanent eyeliner made disparaging marks against President Trump on Thursday, at anti-capitalist, multi-millionaire hypocrite Michael Moore’s one-man Broadway show, The Terms of My Surrender.

"Permanent" eyeliner? not exact, and that's a pointless argument.

“The first time I heard of Trump legitimately running for president,” Armstrong told Moore during the end-of-show onstage interview, “the first thing I thought of was fascism. I was just thinking of all the buildings he’s got his name on. That type of narcissism — wow, that’s not that much different from Saddam Hussein. He’s batsh*t crazy.”

That's a strange assessment of branding from the owner of Green Day, which sells Green Day records, Green Day T-shirts, Green Day posters, Green Day hats, Green Day flags, Green Day patches, Green Day (Billie Joe) masks, Green Day stuffed animals, and Green Day pins…not to mention Green Day swag sold at the (Broadway and touring) Green Day musical.

Green Day are not politicians, they're musicians. There are plenty of fans to love all the band's merch, and fans buy what they want of it. Comparing this with the buildings Dumb Trump has his name on makes no sense. They are both only famous people, and that's why critic from one to another would be illegitimate ?

Armstrong continued, with an unclear characterization of the President: ”This isn't just a Republican that you're dealing with.  He’s no longer the leader of the free world. I've never seen a president that was no longer that.”

That's perfectly clear to the Frenchie I am.

At the end of the evening’s performance, Moore — a capitalist known for making and selling a movie which raged against capitalism — played "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" and danced for the crowd.

What's the big deal?

Just prior to the spectacle, Armstrong exited, leaving the audience with a typically absurd characterization of the political right: "[My sons] look at it and they're like, 'We have Satan as the President of the United States.' And I was like, 'We've had Satan before, and we voted Satan out.’"

"Typically absurd characterization" applies better to the way the writer of this article sums up everything. Not only absurd but so reducing it becomes deforming. Billie reports precisely a conversation he's had with his sons, talking about precise people, not the political right. Billie has criticized some people from the political left as well. The dude omits to say it.

Over the years, Billie Joe Armstrong’s invective against conservatives and America has gone beyond the pale, and the thought of him passing it along to children is disturbing -- although not nearly as disturbing as the thought of Michael Moore dancing.

He has gone beyond the pale? We won't follow what you want, that's for sure. The thought of this type of articles seeing the light of day is what's disturbing me. It doesn't even speak about what Green Day have done for people having damage because of the hurricanes, or what Billie has said about fighting against Nazis, or about all people being welcome to their shows whenever they want to feel in a safe place. I want a punching emoticon now.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/green-day-singer-michael-moore-trump-not-much-different-saddam-hussein#.

35 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

atSounds a lot like Breitbart lmao 

Who's that?

On 30. 9. 2017 at 11:36 AM, Kuromignonne said:

My comments to the article in red:

Who's that?

Steve Bannon's "news" site. It's complete rubbish but their coverage on Green Day is worth checking out for the laughs. They revealed shocking truths such as that Billie Joe's lavish lifestyle is funded by Soros and Soros also pays people to come to Green Day shows. :lol:

Oh my god. Highlights:

Gone are the days of rock being anti-establishment. Today’s crop of recording artists seems guided by Democratic Party affiliation, and none more so than rocker Billie Joe Armstrong

The outspoken left-wing frontman with permanent eyeliner

That's a strange assessment of branding from the owner of Green Day

Over the years, Billie Joe Armstrong’s invective against conservatives and America has gone beyond the pale, and the thought of him passing it along to children is disturbing 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Tragically ridiculous article

I am especially amused by the permanent eyeliner line because he wasn't wearing eyeliner that night. 

Interesting to know this guy was in the crowd. I wondered about conservatives being present. Moore said he could tell there were a few and that he could spot them. Honestly, I have no idea why this show didn't have more security. It I'm glad those conservatives chose to just whine on the internet. 

Why do you go if you don’t agree with Moore’s politics? You know what you’re gonna get, but then to complain about it after?

55 minutes ago, jengd said:

Saw this article, it's a joke, not worth paying any attention to imho.

You're probably right, but I'm so angry and can't help expressing it, all the more so that the guy who has written this is far from being alone thinking this way; when I look at the bunch of comments that have already been left under the article, people start spreading hate against Billie and saying cynical, unbelievably stupid bullshit such as "That guy wears eye makeup like a girl." :mad:

4 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I have no idea why this show didn't have more security.

Security would help spotting the conservatives? :P

Like you say, they directly go whine on the internet and they're probably so glad with the approval comments they get from other people sharing the same hate. :ermm: 

4 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

unbelievably stupid bullshit such as "That guy wears eye makeup like a girl." :mad:

That is unbelievably stupid bullshit alright. I'm just a girl sitting here wearing eye makeup like a lot of guys. Fuck gender stereotypes. Billie has been sticking up two fingers to narrow minded fucks all his life. Good for Billie.

11 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Security would help spotting the conservatives? :P

Like you say, they directly go whine on the internet and they're probably so glad with the approval comments they get from other people sharing the same hate. :ermm: 

Haha no. I meant like, Moore spends like 15 mins of the show telling you about all the death threats he has received over the years and I'm like "cool, I didn't go through a metal detector or have to empty my pockets on the way in and there are people with opposing views in the crowd who didn't either. Yup, he/Billie are without a doubt safe right now." Not to say that these right wing nuts would do anything but there are some out there who would and it made me a bit nervous for both of them. They can whine on the internet all they want though. That doesn't hurt anyone (just my brain). 

Ironically, I love the picture of Billie this asshole has chosen for his article:

9473746990_6297c0db8b_b.jpg

Seems like 2013 chubby Billie :wub: (wrong thread probably :P)

How could the people commenting could add their own hate for such a lovely man. It goes beyond me. :cry:

I didn't resist to adding a comment of mine in response to this hatred. At least there won't be 100% of shitty comments towards Billie.

1 hour ago, WorryRock02 said:

Thank you so much, I don't have Facebook!

Billie is so great, and so handsome. :wub: I would love to see more from that!

Archived