(Southern California only) KROQ Contest promises private concert in your own garage

Yosuke Hanamura

Yeah this is the type of contest where somehow ensuring the winner is a big fan would've been very beneficial for everyone involved. Hope the winner has a great time either way but seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity, for one thing the band playing at a fan's house could've been great promo.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest I think that the oldest's Alex daughter is the Green Day fan ( the one who is crying). You know? Probability Alex is just a dad who tried to make daughter happy...And at least he got the car 😂 

1 hour ago, WorryRock02 said:

to be honest I think that the oldest's Alex daughter is the Green Day fan ( the one who is crying). You know? Probability Alex is just a dad who tried to make daughter happy...And at least he got the car 😂 

In that case awesome! I didn't bother to watch the whole video :P 

8 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Ha, if I recall correctly there was a paragraph after that one stating that the value of the concert isn't calculable, or something to that effect. I also thought it seemed low — I thought the car would be with a bit more, too. 

https://es.automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan The car is supposed to cost $18,740.  Add the $500 voucher for Hot Topic, tickets for Rose Bowl, and you've got an approximate value of $20,000. Green Day's performance apart. 

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think any band is available for a private show but it would cost like 10-20k depending on the band.

It would be way more than that for any band you've heard of. This list estimates GD at 500k plus (Edit: It's from 2014 so a lot of it would have changed by now, but pretty sure they'd still cost quite a bit)

https://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

58 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It would be way more than that for any band you've heard of. This list estimates GD at 500k plus (Edit: It's from 2014 so a lot of it would have changed by now, but pretty sure they'd still cost quite a bit)

https://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

Well that was interesting but I agree some of those numbers seem way off. 50k for Matisyahu? He played at my kid's K-8 school last year so I don't think so.

Still, even if you could negotiate for something way less than half a million the guy won a pretty valuable prize. It's killing me that we haven't heard anything about this yet!

Part of me wonders if the family had to agree to some sort of non-disclosure agreement to receive the prize. A lot of celebrities do that when they grant a Make-a-Wish, for example. That means they can't publicize what happens and if the press approaches them they aren't allowed to talk.

As much as it sucks, in this situation it might make sense to keep this on the down-low regardless for safety reasons — think of how many crazy fans would probably stalk this dude's house. If I won, I don't know if I would want anyone beyond my immediate family and friends to know too much.

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Part of me wonders if the family had to agree to some sort of non-disclosure agreement to receive the prize. A lot of celebrities do that when they grant a Make-a-Wish, for example. That means they can't publicize what happens and if the press approaches them they aren't allowed to talk.

As much as it sucks, in this situation it might make sense to keep this on the down-low regardless for safety reasons — think of how many crazy fans would probably stalk this dude's house. If I won, I don't know if I would want anyone beyond my immediate family and friends to know too much.

True, last thing I'd want would be for people to know Green Day is playing a private show in my house.

But I think it would make no sense if no footage or photos from this surfaced. It's a promo event so the point is that people should hear about it. 

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah this is the type of contest where somehow ensuring the winner is a big fan would've been very beneficial for everyone involved. Hope the winner has a great time either way but seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity, for one thing the band playing at a fan's house could've been great promo.

Story of our lives :lol: 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

If I ever win the lottery, I know what I will do first :ga:

It probably won't be long before the neighbors know Green Day is playing a concert in someones garage. THey aren't exactly a quiet band 

33 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

True, last thing I'd want would be for people to know Green Day is playing a private show in my house.

But I think it would make no sense if no footage or photos from this surfaced. It's a promo event so the point is that people should hear about it. 

Yeah exactly, no need for it to be publicised beforehand but it would be cool to see footage/promo etc about it after the event.

The Green Day Italian FB page says this is happening today. Not sure if they're just guessing. Don't you think it would also have to be afternoon as opposed to nighttime?  I would imagine someone would call the cops if they were playing on a residential street on a weeknight.  There must be a noise ordinance or something.

^^^ Does this mean something's happening or that they are hoping it will happen? I agree, creepy but I understand their curiosity.

15 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Yup, called it. Honestly, Green Day fans are kind of the worst.

8 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yup, called it. Honestly, Green Day fans are kind of the worst.

You are going to find people like that in any fan base.

2 minutes ago, mjb8792x3 said:

What video are you guys referring to? This they announce the winner publically? 

On 9/6/2017 at 4:09 PM, PullingTeeth said:

There's the winner!  

Huh, so it's happening now/soon? Or is it from earlier? If they're (understandably) keeping it on the down low did one of the 20 friends leak a photo? Fuck, I'm going to bed and hoping for the best.

i think it's happening now. Can't find any video or photos right now. I keep on looking at KROQ's instagram but nothing appears 😓 

Archived