(Southern California only) KROQ Contest promises private concert in your own garage

Yosuke Hanamura

I'm so curious if we will get some info from this gig like the setlist or Youtube-videos. But there are probably strict rules for the lucky ones who attend it.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that in the next faves days, kroq'll upload footage from the show on their website/ youtube channel...

20 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

I'm so curious if we will get some info from this gig like the setlist or Youtube-videos. But there are probably strict rules for the lucky ones who attend it.

I'm sure they'll have it on lockdown so they can control the promotion, if there is any. 

Hmm I look forward to hearing about it. Also the prize reminded me of Billie's story about having sex with someone (who was quite large) crammed in a small Honda Civic when he was 18 :P 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Hmm I look forward to hearing about it. Also the prize reminded me of Billie's story about having sex with someone (who was quite large) crammed in a small Honda Civic when he was 18 :P 

Oh I think I need a link for this one! :lol:

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh I think I need a link for this one! :lol:

I pretty much just told the story but here you go :lol: (he's mentioned it more than once but this is the first one I found, the same interview where he says he's gone a month without showering and that he thinks deodorant is a scam lol)

3Zf2tfC.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

the same interview where he says he's gone a month without showering and that he thinks deodorant is a scam lol)

Ugh, I always wanted to know what Billie smells like, but now I'm not so sure anymore:sick:

Thanks @Hermione ! So much good stuff in that interview, but the real throwback was reading about the funny tapes he and Mike made. That was such a 70's/80's thing we used to do the same thing, where you "interview bands" recording yourself asking a question and cut in a line from a song as the answer. A favorite pastime. 

And I love the bit about Joey getting sick of all the Green Day stuff. :lol:

16 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The total Approximate Retail Value of the prize is $20,204.16.

Maths was never my strong point.   Does that mean after you've factored in the car, the gift card and the gig tickets it would cost circa $650 to get a private Green Day concert for 20?   Should a few of us club together? 😉  

Has anyone else given serious thought as to how the day would go if you were the winner?    In my head I've decked out my garage with flags and rugs and even planned the catering.    They would compliment me for said catering and, with no previous discussion but by sheer fluke, play all my favourite songs kicking off with Let Yourself Go.     Am I the only daydreamer?

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

I pretty much just told the story but here you go :lol: (he's mentioned it more than once but this is the first one I found, the same interview where he says he's gone a month without showering and that he thinks deodorant is a scam lol)

Thanks for sharing this, the whole thing is hilarious. :lol: It's funny that he denied ever beating that dude in the audience

16 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Am I the only one who feels find of meh about this? It so corporate promo lol :lol:

Performing monkeys more lke it. It must be awkward for them too, especially if the winner is not really much of a fan and just entered for the hell of it not expecting to win. I have anxiety daydreams of this being before an indifferent handful of people. I can imagine what kind of worry Billie might be going through. This could all go so wrong, and if it does you'll never hear about it.

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Performing monkeys more lke it. It must be awkward for them too, especially if the winner is not really much of a fan and just entered for the hell of it not expecting to win. I have anxiety daydreams of this being before an indifferent handful of people. I can imagine what kind of worry Billie might be going through. This could all go so wrong, and if it does you'll never hear about it.

Yeah, the people might as well entered for the car :dry:

Well, if they agreed to do it they'll have to deal with the crowd. :P I'm sure it won't be much of a problem for Billie, even though I agree it could get pretty awkward. 

I would make them play FBHT songs xD

But seriously, this is so cool It's hard to believe this will happen. Hopefully there will be videos or something! 

7 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

I would make them play FBHT songs xD

Yes! Me too. Of course I would probably be catatonic from the moment they showed up.:D

They should of made this contest for FANS with garages. This is the prize of a lifetime for us SoCal fanatics, and we all lost. We will probably never see footage bc the winners won't care enough to post any with hashtags. If they show up to the screening in hollywood tonite of TIA, I'll ask GD how it went!

5 hours ago, uptightallthetime said:

Maths was never my strong point.   Does that mean after you've factored in the car, the gift card and the gig tickets it would cost circa $650 to get a private Green Day concert for 20?   Should a few of us club together? 😉  

Ha, if I recall correctly there was a paragraph after that one stating that the value of the concert isn't calculable, or something to that effect. I also thought it seemed low — I thought the car would be with a bit more, too. 

8 hours ago, DJ Rosstar said:

They should of made this contest for FANS with garages. This is the prize of a lifetime for us SoCal fanatics, and we all lost. We will probably never see footage bc the winners won't care enough to post any with hashtags. If they show up to the screening in hollywood tonite of TIA, I'll ask GD how it went!

Yeah, they should have done this Idiot Nation-exclusive (or GDC-exclusive since we're obviously the new Idiot Nation:whistle) to make sure that a true fan wins this. I don't even want to imagine how awkward this will be if the audience sucks. Hopefully we'll get something, let's see!

Archived