(Southern California only) KROQ Contest promises private concert in your own garage

Yosuke Hanamura

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

FTR, many Billie/Green Day Songs havs titles that don't have the name in the lyrics. It's not a neccisity and in fact is a kin to when a film's name shows up in the lyrics. Basket Case, Longview, JAR, Geek Stink Breath,  Brain Stew/Jaded, and countless others.

I’d delete Geek Stink Breath from that list ;)

2 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I would suggest everyone wanting to talk about the alleged new song go to here: 

That would be a good idea yes :P 

3 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

I agree!!!

I've been drooling over that guitar since I saw it couple weeks back!

He needs to hurry and release them. So I can get in trouble for buying one to anger my husband [lol jk]:runaround:

Same!!! I doubt it will be anywhere near my price range but I love so much! 

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

FTR, many Billie/Green Day Songs havs titles that don't have the name in the lyrics. It's not a neccisity and in fact is a kin to when a film's name shows up in the lyrics. Basket Case, Longview, JAR, Geek Stink Breath,  Brain Stew/Jaded, and countless others.

Now it crossed my mind that I've never mentioned it but I really like when they name songs unrelated to the lyrics. It's a pretty random thing to appreciate but I enjoy it quite a lot! 

29 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Same!!! I doubt it will be anywhere near my price range but I love so much! 

Now it crossed my mind that I've never mentioned it but I really like when they name songs unrelated to the lyrics. It's a pretty random thing to appreciate but I enjoy it quite a lot! 

They do it a lot. It actually annoyed me when I was first trying to get to know the Lookout records. Having to remember the names of the songs was a challenge. Is this one One for the Razorbacks or 409 in your Coffeemaker? Paper Lanterns or Private Ale?  16 or Android? Etc etc... It was like being back in school and having to memorize for a test. I would actually listen the songs and then quiz myself to name it, that's how I eventually learned them all. 

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They do it a lot. It actually annoyed me when I was first trying to get to know the Lookout records. Having to remember the names of the songs was a challenge. Is this one One for the Razorbacks or 409 in your Coffeemaker? Paper Lanterns or Private Ale?  16 or Android? Etc etc... It was like being back in school and having to memorize for a test. I would actually listen the songs and then quiz myself to name it, that's how I eventually learned them all. 

Lol! You guys are nuts. I love it!

@Jane Lannister (totally Random but I started watching Game of Thrones recently and think of you whenever they mention the Lannister lineage).

It's amazing how often I can call on Family Guy to be aprospros to a conversation here.

8 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

It's amazing how often I can call on Family Guy to be aprospros to a conversation here.

Lmao that's exactly what I think of when it says the album names in Forever Now and Letterbomb

As nice as it is when they come up with interesting/different song titles, "Fuck These People" is one title where I'd really want it to be said in the song :P 

@LaughingClock  😂😂😂

Now tell me why they call it "Bab's Uvula Who?" (apart from the classic SNL reference of course) 😄

Speaking of SNL, slightly off topic but SNL is asking on twitter who you think should host next season. I had to throw Billie's hat into the ring. 

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's true, and to tell the truth, I can't usually rememember the name of many songs right away. I couldn't remember the name of 2000LYA when I watched the Irma stream and it doesn't bother me anymore. I agree it does get confusing but I love how creative they are with their song titles. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

That's true, and to tell the truth, I can't usually rememember the name of many songs right away. I couldn't remember the name of 2000LYA when I watched the Irma stream and it doesn't bother me anymore. I agree it does get confusing but I love how creative they are with their song titles. 

But 2000LYA is actually in the song! 

10 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Lol! You guys are nuts. I love it!

@Jane Lannister (totally Random but I started watching Game of Thrones recently and think of you whenever they mention the Lannister).

Haha hope I'm not spoiling the show for you! :lol:

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

But 2000LYA is actually in the song! 

I know! But I didn't remember until he said it! :cry::lol:

30 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@LaughingClock  😂😂😂

Now tell me why they call it "Bab's Uvula Who?" (apart from the classic SNL reference of course) 😄

Speaking of SNL, slightly off topic but SNL is asking on twitter who you think should host next season. I had to throw Billie's hat into the ring. 

As for the first part of your question, the song itself is about anxiety and frustration from things like repetition. It is absolutely a throw to the old Gilda Randner and Chevy Chase bit where the doc said something like "knock knock", "who's there", "uvula" (the uvula is the thing in the back of your throat that hangs and often swells when anxious and the doc responds with "Bab's Uvula" which is Radner's character in the skit. Uvula is the also Bab's same. Baba Uvula is her name. It really doesn't make a lot of sense TBH but years ago I looked it up because I was curious. Just a song about anxiety and a skit that is sort of about anxiety. Not much more too it.

As for Billie hosting, unless he gets a role in a film that will get narjonal attention, RevRad starts to recahart or is charting for whatever reason, they probably wouldn't have him host for no reason but yeah, would be great.

Of course they did have one of the most lucrative tours this year, so maybe. We can hope.

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

@LaughingClock  😂😂😂

Jerry Finn came up with the name for them. 

Archived