New albums and tour dates?

americanidiot5998

I'm sure this gets asked often but are there any signs of Green Day planning to release any new albums in the coming years? Also, are they planning to do anymore tours after the revolution radio tour? Let me know what you think

I don't know about the Revolution Radio tour, but the band has said several times in interviews and stuff about how they plan to continue playing into their 70s and later. I think this is far from their last album, if that's what you're asking.

Well I don't think they'll stop GD for a long time but as with most of their GD releases, they'll probably do side projects or other projects in between

With a band like Green Day, we never know how many years it will take to have another album or another tour. The breaks between the albums are never the same. I don't think that Rev Rad is their last album/tour and I hope there will be more to come. After the end of the Rev Rad tour, they'll probably take a break and, one day, we'll have another album. They will continue to play even if they're older. ;) That's what I think!

Having just signed to new management, I would imagine they are anxious for their next project to happen sooner rather than later but who can say when? Just enjoy the current tour and we'll have to see what 2018 brings.

I have a feeling they will take a break after this album. I know Billie said he wants to do more acting and last year was the first time he did a lot of self-promotion.

When RevRad came out, Billie said in some interview that Green Day want to release new material sooner than later.

13 hours ago, Alan86 said:

I thought they were breaking up after this tour?

No, silly :rolleyes:. The new album comes out on 25/9/2018.

Well some remixes will come out soon, en maby a live dvd/cd? 

Maby they will do a greatest hits album after that. or releasing some demo's. 

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

No, silly :rolleyes:. The new album comes out on 25/9/2018.

That must be their comeback album after they break up?

58 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

That must be their comeback album after they break up?

Yeah, probably. They reunite as soon as they run out of money 

I hope the boys take some time to cool down and relax, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will at least get some summer shows over here in Europe (the cancelled Glasgow gig plus maybe Rock am Ring? Please?:happyhands:). And a new album, who knows, it could be sooner than later with the crazy world right now.

1 minute ago, MMwhatsername said:

I hope the boys take some time to cool down and relax, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will at least get some summer shows over here in Europe (the cancelled Glasgow gig plus maybe Rock am Ring? Please?:happyhands:). And a new album, who knows, it could be sooner than later with the crazy world right now.

Agree with everything you said but especially the Europe part :rose:

• 5 months later...

I don't know when they are going to release new album or something, maybe in 2019 or 20, but I'm pretty sure they have many songs that haven't seen  light of the day. And also I think they still have potential to make another "American Idiot" or "21st century breakdown." (Love all the albums) :)

I really hope for a live cd/dvd!! To many years without one! Get some rest guys and make us happy again soon!

Archived