Nimrod 20th Anniversary 2xLP Yellow Vinyl Pre-Order

Todd

On 8/28/2017 at 9:27 PM, Kyle Serlington said:

I decided that I'm not going to listen to nimrod until I get this, which is gunna be hard cuz I listen to it regularly in my car

I've still stuck to my promise of not listening to nimrod, which sucks because I've really been wanting to listen to it lately!

It's been over a month now since anyone posted in here and it's a week away from being released, has anyone received a shipping notice yet? I haven't, I hope there's not a delay!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a shipping notice email today . There are three tracking numbers . I ordered 2 deluxe sets so I'm not sure how they've split things up.

8 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

I got a shipping notice email today . There are three tracking numbers . I ordered 2 deluxe sets so I'm not sure how they've split things up.

oooo yes, I just checked my e-mail and I got a notice too!

I ordered mine from Sound Direct since GD was sold out, so I have no clue when I'll get it. 

On 05/09/2017 at 1:42 AM, Kyle Serlington said:

last ride in vocals?! where did you hear about that? I wonder what the lyrics were

It was billie humming the tune to the song 

Did anyone else order their copy from Soundstage Direct? I have yet to get a shipping notification. 

I'm loving all the positive articles about Nimrod that have popped up over the last few days in the press.  

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

I'm loving all the positive articles about Nimrod that have popped up over the last few days in the press.  

Same. Usually it seems to get overlooked. I'm glad it's getting some recognition.

ok so I just listened to Nice Guys Finish Last from this version and the 2009 pressing back to back. this one is a little louder and less compressed, which is to be expected since it's not all on one LP, but I think I actually like the 2009 version better. this one just seems a little thinner

this one still sounds good though!

Loving the press of this one. Sounds really good. Now if only we got a 180g press for Insomniac...

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Kyle Serlington said:

I've still stuck to my promise of not listening to nimrod, which sucks because I've really been wanting to listen to it lately!

It's been over a month now since anyone posted in here and it's a week away from being released, has anyone received a shipping notice yet? I haven't, I hope there's not a delay!

Glad you are able to listen to it again...I don't think I could have had the same discipline. I can't get through a week where I don't listen to Grouch, Scattered, All the Time, Uptight, Jinx, or Haushinka- what a great record with so many incredible gems. 

For the record, I think I've bought the album 5 times, which is a personal best (worst?).  Two cds were stolen in college, one was just played down/ scatched to the bone, and the last purchase was digital since all my physical copies were worn to shreds. I think I've legitimately listened to this one 10,000 times. I can't buy the record as I'm sure I'd play it to the end of it's life in about 6 months.

I canceled my Soundstage order and got the non numbered edition from a local record shop. I am now happy! :D

so I didn't know this until I got it, but there's only music on 1 side of the 2nd LP,  the other is an etching. does anyone know what the 1997 version was?

22449844_10154833341751373_4160806449320

On 10/17/2017 at 12:41 AM, Kyle Serlington said:

so I didn't know this until I got it, but there's only music on 1 side of the 2nd LP,  the other is an etching. does anyone know what the 1997 version was?

The original 1997 and the 2009 releases are on black vinyl (1 LP only), without any etching; the 2012 re-release by Hot Topic on yellow vinyl (also 1 LP only) has no etching either, so that's special and I only knew that before since I got an e-mail from a shop in the UK that stated that in the description of the item :)

6 hours ago, Koal Koalson said:

The original 1997 and the 2009 releases are on black vinyl (1 LP only), without any etching; the 2012 re-release by Hot Topic on yellow vinyl (also 1 LP only) has no etching either, so that's special and I only knew that before since I got an e-mail from a shop in the UK that stated that in the description of the item :)

oh damn, I thought I remembered hearing that the 97 was a double

So my work got one copy of this randomly in today (Australia) and now I'm on my lunch break deciding if I should nab it later or not. It's a little expensive...

Archived