Nimrod 20th Anniversary 2xLP Yellow Vinyl Pre-Order

Todd

I have a feeling it was cancelled. I'm sure Warner wants to make as much money off this as possible, so I don't see them doing a limited run and then just calling it a day, it will definitely sell if they make more. did Dookie get a special vinyl repress for its 20th? They should have gone all out with that one, like they've been doing with the new 40th anniversary ramones reissues, those are great! I love nimrod, but it seems like an odd release for them to put a lot of effort into for a reissue.

Yes! I love these Ramones reissues :D I think they've really set the bar for anniversary editions, I want to see more bands go to this level of celebration. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I love these Ramones reissues :D I think they've really set the bar for anniversary editions, I want to see more bands go to this level of celebration. 

seriously, I'd love to get a GD reissue of nimrod with liner notes from Rob Cavallo and Ken the engineer, and even Chris Lord-Alge! alternate mixes and unreleased songs would be awesome too, and maybe include a CD of a live show from that era, MTV's Live at the 10 spot would be great

It's not cancelled! @Kyle Serlington I just got this press release:

GREEN DAY'S NIMROD SET TO RECEIVE 20TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION VINYL REISSUE

LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 24, 2017 - Green Day's seminal 1997 album, Nimrod, will receive a 20th anniversary limited edition vinyl reissue on October 13th on Reprise Records.

The reissue will be available in two configurations, with both including double 140 gram bright yellow vinyl. Click HERE to see details on each configuration.

Originally released on October 14, 1997 through Reprise Records, Nimrod was recorded in Los Angeles, CA and produced by Rob Cavallo. The critically acclaimed album debuted in the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 Chart and has since sold over two million copies and has been certified Double Platinum by the RIAA. The album yielded the acoustic hit "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)," which became a massive hit around the world and soundtracked the finales of several high profile television series, most notably Seinfeld.  Upon its release, the Los Angeles Times hailed: "Though Green Day clings resolutely to some powerful punk tenets--a clean-burning musical attack fueled by protracted teen angst and guided by a "loser" outlook--the musicians' knack for whipping up incandescent pop songs transcends punk and makes them winners..."

Green Day is currently on the second U.S. leg of their Revolution Radio world tour.

Well, why Green Day don't release unreleased stuff??? Mike told some months ago they have tons of unreleased songs. This is the time they should release something. Maybe alternate mixes, unreleased cuts, live tracks, a live show DVD, etc, etc. Nirvana did, Pearl Jam did, Stone Temple Pilots will release Core again with extra stuff.... so what the hell are you waiting for Reprise??? I still hope Dookie will have a decent Anniversary Edition and the same for Nimrod (Which has wonderful B-sides and Live stuff)

Yes, yes, this 100 times!

I think it really is time for them to release a ton of stuff. Some newer stuff (like a Live album / live DVD from the RevRad era, so maybe DVD of one or a few gigs and a live CD with performances from the club tour and 2015 House Of Blues performance) as well as plenty of older previously unreleased things to. 

Just thinking about all the recordings of studio sessions, demos and club (and other live) performances that they've got lying around somewhere, captured in high quality audio, makes me go mad... 

It's not cancelled! @Kyle Serlington I just got this press release:

GREEN DAY'S NIMROD SET TO RECEIVE 20TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION VINYL REISSUE

LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 24, 2017 - Green Day's seminal 1997 album, Nimrod, will receive a 20th anniversary limited edition vinyl reissue on October 13th on Reprise Records.

The reissue will be available in two configurations, with both including double 140 gram bright yellow vinyl. Click HERE to see details on each configuration.

Originally released on October 14, 1997 through Reprise Records, Nimrod was recorded in Los Angeles, CA and produced by Rob Cavallo. The critically acclaimed album debuted in the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 Chart and has since sold over two million copies and has been certified Double Platinum by the RIAA. The album yielded the acoustic hit "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)," which became a massive hit around the world and soundtracked the finales of several high profile television series, most notably Seinfeld.  Upon its release, the Los Angeles Times hailed: "Though Green Day clings resolutely to some powerful punk tenets--a clean-burning musical attack fueled by protracted teen angst and guided by a "loser" outlook--the musicians' knack for whipping up incandescent pop songs transcends punk and makes them winners..."

Green Day is currently on the second U.S. leg of their Revolution Radio world tour.

yesssss!!! thanks for posting this! I def want that nimrod shirt too, gunna order the bundle tomorrow after I get paid!

I wish they sold the shirt separately. 

Omg me too. I don't collect records so I don't really care about the reissue, I don't have anything to play vinyls on anyway, but I always wanted a Nimrod shirt because i love that album plus the art is so damn cool. 

have you guys tried ebay? I know I've seen nimrod shirts on there before, and I think hot topic has sold them in the past

also, new Kerplunk girl shirt in the green day store! I might get that too, I don't really see myself getting any tour shirts when I see them saturday, idk

did you get an email saying it was cancelled?

No email saying it was cancelled for me. I'll end up making an order on Green Day's webstore just in case now.

Good to see that Nimrod T-shirt, however I think it's not enough. Unreleased stuff is the key for Anniversary editions.

I ordered the t-shirt bundle yesterday and I just got an email that t-shirt shipped. I wasn't expecting them to ship separately. Thought I'd let you guys know! 

19 hours ago, Todd said:

I ordered the t-shirt bundle yesterday and I just got an email that t-shirt shipped. I wasn't expecting them to ship separately. Thought I'd let you guys know! 

My shirt shipped as well. I thought for sure these would come together and I was really confused because I know the vinyl isn't out for awhile.

They sent the shirts early so they can get the money sooner ☕️🐸

And it's sold out. *shrugs* I was waiting for another payday to order this. Guess I'll pre-order the Dookie picture disc since I can get that on Amazon :P

25 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

And it's sold out. *shrugs* I was waiting for another payday to order this. Guess I'll pre-order the Dookie picture disc since I can get that on Amazon :P

that was fast!! wtf?! I got my order in on Friday but I haven't received a shipping notice for the shirt yet like others have

1 hour ago, Kyle Serlington said:

that was fast!! wtf?! I got my order in on Friday but I haven't received a shipping notice for the shirt yet like others have

Yeah! I looked at it on Friday and was like, ah I'll pre-order next time I get paid. What a foolish decision:lol:

I was able to pre-order here today. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled, and hopefully they are planning on restocking soon! Good luck to anyone else trying to buy as well!

On 8/27/2017 at 1:28 PM, kaylubd said:

Oh no! Guess I should probably order those picture discs soon then 

I decided that I'm not going to listen to nimrod until I get this, which is gunna be hard cuz I listen to it regularly in my car

On 8/28/2017 at 2:54 PM, RealDiels said:

I was able to pre-order here today. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled, and hopefully they are planning on restocking soon! Good luck to anyone else trying to buy as well!

It probably won't be cancelled. Maybe yours is a regular edition as opposed to the limited edition sold through here. Other than a number on the vinyl and the Nimrod shirt,I doubt there's a difference. 

On 8/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, RealDiels said:

Thanks for the link! Shipping is bleh so I'm gonna keep it in mind. And if I miss out...oh well. At least I'll be getting my Dookie picture disc :dance:

On 8/29/2017 at 3:00 PM, W Axl Rose said:

It probably won't be cancelled. Maybe yours is a regular edition as opposed to the limited edition sold through here. Other than a number on the vinyl and the Nimrod shirt,I doubt there's a difference. 

Could be! I would hope a limited edition would consist of more than just a number, though. In all honesty, I don't see why it needs to be such a limited release anyway; they may as well make some money off of it if people are willing to buy!

On 8/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I wish they sold the shirt separately. 

On 8/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Omg me too. I don't collect records so I don't really care about the reissue, I don't have anything to play vinyls on anyway, but I always wanted a Nimrod shirt because i love that album plus the art is so damn cool. 

I'll sell mine if either of you still want one. I'm not fond of black shirts, I don't know why I ordered the bundle :lol: It's an XL 

On August 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM, MillenniumFan said:

Yes, yes, this 100 times!

I think it really is time for them to release a ton of stuff. Some newer stuff (like a Live album / live DVD from the RevRad era, so maybe DVD of one or a few gigs and a live CD with performances from the club tour and 2015 House Of Blues performance) as well as plenty of older previously unreleased things to. 

Just thinking about all the recordings of studio sessions, demos and club (and other live) performances that they've got lying around somewhere, captured in high quality audio, makes me go mad... 

Well we have some things on the nimrod sessions

Alfred E. Normal was finished

Last Ride In vocals was finished

Tony the Tiger was finished :P

I'll be mad if they didn't release those

Archived