Nimrod 20th Anniversary 2xLP Yellow Vinyl Pre-Order

Todd

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, between this and the Dookie and RevRad picture discs, I'll be broke.

7 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Well, between this and the Dookie and RevRad picture discs, I'll be broke.

Yeah, I put all three on my wishlist. Christmas is coming, I need to stop buying things for myself :P 

I don't collect vinyl, but why the heck don't they re-release these albums with bonus tracks on their 20th? I'd love some unreleased songs it would make it worth buying again for many people.

Is it safe to say there aren't any bonus tracks because we already have Shenanigans on vinyl?

Thanks for telling us, Todd.
But to be honest, I rather wait for a eBay or Amazon listing, since 37 just for shipping is way to high...

5 hours ago, SuperXCsabre495 said:

Is it safe to say there aren't any bonus tracks because we already have Shenanigans on vinyl?

The tracklist in the description shows the normal 18-song tracklsit. I don't see any bonus tracks coming in the near future, especially if it's not sold and advertised by Green Day directly.

I'm bummed they haven't done any deluxe reissues for the catalog unless you count 1039/SOSH, but that was all Lookout's doing. I'd love to hear more demos and outtakes, but they probably got recycled for new songs. I know the band has mentioned that before. They've even been stingy with B-Sides in recent years. Some bands just don't like to let fans get a peek into the bands' creative process. I understand that, but I'd be more than happy to hand over my money if the did release some of that stuff.

definitely gunna order this, it's the most nostalgic album for me and my other copy skips on redundant, thanks for the heads up!

4 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

definitely gunna order this, it's the most nostalgic album for me and my other copy skips on redundant, thanks for the heads up!

I thought I was the only one who suffered the skips during redundant... ohh!

21 hours ago, SuperXCsabre495 said:

What about other unreleased tracks and covers recorded from that era. I know there's a studio cover for 19th nervous breakdown (Rolling Stones) and Allison (Elvis Costello). Well, about this 20th anniversary..... WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!! Waiting for YEARS reissues for Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod and.... nothing memorable. Just let's spend money on reissues in which the color of the vynil is different..... This is something in which Green Day/Reprise know how to dissapoint me.

Well, why Green Day don't release unreleased stuff??? Mike told some months ago they have tons of unreleased songs. This is the time they should release something. Maybe alternate mixes, unreleased cuts, live tracks, a live show DVD, etc, etc. Nirvana did, Pearl Jam did, Stone Temple Pilots will release Core again with extra stuff.... so what the hell are you waiting for Reprise??? I still hope Dookie will have a decent Anniversary Edition and the same for Nimrod (Which has wonderful B-sides and Live stuff)

8 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Just let's spend money on reissues in which the color of the vynil is different.....

But it's also different than previous presses since this one is a double LP instead of a single, which means less compression and that's really important.

13 hours ago, SuperXCsabre495 said:

But it's also different than previous presses since this one is a double LP instead of a single, which means less compression and that's really important.

Well, that's something important as you said. However, this is not what we could expect for an anniversary edition. Extras are the main thing here.

Hopefully it'll be available for a while. Would have to wait for Xmas time too.

so did anyone order this? I was just about to and it was taken down from amazon and the other site that had it says it's discontinued. I was really looking forward to this :(

What about other unreleased tracks and covers recorded from that era. I know there's a studio cover for 19th nervous breakdown (Rolling Stones) and Allison (Elvis Costello). Well, about this 20th anniversary..... WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!! Waiting for YEARS reissues for Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod and.... nothing memorable. Just let's spend money on reissues in which the color of the vynil is different..... This is something in which Green Day/Reprise know how to dissapoint me.

Well, why Green Day don't release unreleased stuff??? Mike told some months ago they have tons of unreleased songs. This is the time they should release something. Maybe alternate mixes, unreleased cuts, live tracks, a live show DVD, etc, etc. Nirvana did, Pearl Jam did, Stone Temple Pilots will release Core again with extra stuff.... so what the hell are you waiting for Reprise??? I still hope Dookie will have a decent Anniversary Edition and the same for Nimrod (Which has wonderful B-sides and Live stuff)

Only Tony the Tiger was finished.I would like to have the B-sides and maybe unfinished tracks.They have a lot of things in their vault and they have about 45 songs written that time.

so did anyone order this? I was just about to and it was taken down from amazon and the other site that had it says it's discontinued. I was really looking forward to this :(

I ordered it through amazon, but haven't received an email saying it was cancelled yet. I'm gonna be pretty bummed if it does though. I was really looking forward to this.

I have a feeling it was cancelled. I'm sure Warner wants to make as much money off this as possible, so I don't see them doing a limited run and then just calling it a day, it will definitely sell if they make more. did Dookie get a special vinyl repress for its 20th? They should have gone all out with that one, like they've been doing with the new 40th anniversary ramones reissues, those are great! I love nimrod, but it seems like an odd release for them to put a lot of effort into for a reissue.

Archived