NEW?!?!? Troubled Times video?!?

BillnTed

That clip of the barbaric bullfighting really got me :( I wasn't expecting to see that in there.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

That clip of the barbaric bullfighting really got me :( I wasn't expecting to see that in there.

Ditto.  That's the one I have to look away from.

One thought - why would BillnTed post a download link unless they were the original source? Seeing as it's a video any of us mortals would come across it on youtube/vimeo first, surely, in this day and age?

I'm really fascinated by this lol. Come on Green Day, give us a sign already

Maybe they recognize this is a more active community than IN. I agree about the download link. He had to have made this video yesterday after Charlotesville happened. I wonder if it will be mentioned in the GDA interview.

ETA: well it certainly worked to get us to stop speculating about Pat leaving!  Another odd thing is that the video hasn't even been posted to their official facebook page.

28 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

I'm incredibly passionate about animal rights so I was really happy that it was included. The way we abuse animals and how it's so normalized is beyond fucked up. 

9 minutes ago, Q.B said:

I'm incredibly passionate about animal rights so I was really happy that it was included. The way we abuse animals and how it's so normalized is beyond fucked up. 

But should that bother us more than the abuse of human beings? 

12 minutes ago, Q.B said:

Totally agree with you!

9 hours ago, strangestat said:

This video is so bizarre, doesn't seem like good enough to be like an actual music video, but they've already released a lyric video. Not to mention forever now is supposed to be the new single

I agree. But I could see Billie just doing it for fun because the song is pretty relevant. He clearly shot it himself, and the editing looks like it was done with some basic video editing software. He could've put it together for fun and leaked it on the internet unofficially in order to avoid having to get clearances for all those clips he used.

Did he post it or is the original source unknown?  

47 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But should that bother us more than the abuse of human beings? 

No. For me animals suffering vs humans suffering is equally horrific.. I think all life is sacred no matter what species you are. I'm well aware that not many share that opinion though and sees us humans as superior and more important than other species. Anyway all I'm saying is that I appreciate that they shed some light on the, to me, very important issue of animal abuse. Didn't expect that at all! All in all it's a nice video + song with a powerful message.

Some fan posted the video on Instagram. In the video's description, he/she explained that Billie Joe made the video and posted it on one of his not so known accounts (it isn't specified which one, if it was a private one or not and where). He deleted the video a few minutes later, but someone had enough time during those minutes to save a copy and then posted it on Youtube.

That was the explanation I found on Instagram. I don't know if it's the truth. If it's the case, maybe Billie wanted to share it on one of his private accounts but messed up. Or he wanted to share the video with the fans, but he didn't want to have the fans know it was from him, more like going undercover. 

6 minutes ago, melissi_unicorn said:

And yes, I even quoted myself. I just really agreed with my own opinion...

:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Some fan posted the video on Instagram. In the video's description, he/she explained that Billie Joe made the video and posted it on one of his not so known accounts (it isn't specified which one, if it was a private one or not and where). He deleted the video a few minutes later, but someone had enough time during those minutes to save a copy and then posted it on Youtube.

That was the explanation I found on Instagram. I don't know if it's the truth. If it's the case, maybe Billie wanted to share it on one of his private accounts but messed up. Or he wanted to share the video with the fans, but he didn't want to have the fans know it was from him, more like going undercover. 

I'd take instagram speculation with a grain of salt, I regularly see people getting really basic stuff wrong :P Also how many accounts does the guy have? I'm really intrigued by this but it feels kinda pointless speculating - just gonna rock back and forth in a corner (jk) till we get more info (if at all).

19 minutes ago, melissi_unicorn said:

I made a news story out of this and even quoted some of you guys :ga:

http://genreisdead.com/billie-joe-armstrong-leak-homemade-music-video-fan-community/

And yes, I even quoted myself. I just really agreed with my own opinion...

Hahaha, that tends to happen.

I love that the video looks so DIY, it really gives the feeling of it being personal.

side note: Just caught up reading this thread. Your theories about BillnTed are making me feel bad... I removed their links and made them upload it Vimeo or Youtube :lol:

Just now, BeachBum said:

I love that the video looks so DIY, it really gives the feeling of it being personal.

side note: Just caught up reading this thread. Your theories about BillnTed are making me feel bad... I removed their links and made them upload it Vimeo or Youtube :lol:

Hey everybody has to follow the rules here, it doesn't matter who they are. :lol:

1 hour ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Billie only has one public instagram account, any/all of his others are private accounts. If this was posted on one of his other accounts then it was intended to be a private thing or not for us to see. 

1 minute ago, Strychnine. said:

Billie only has one public instagram account, any/all of his others are private accounts. If this was posted on one of his other accounts then it was intended to be a private thing or not for us to see. 

First of all that is rumour we don't know that's true, and for all we know he or someone close to him put it here with approval. Can't make a decision of what to do with it without knowing for sure.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

First of all that is rumour we don't know that's true, and for all we know he or someone close to him put it here with approval. Can't make a decision of what to do with it without knowing for sure.

From my experience in the past, this forum always went with the safest option which was "it wasn't meant to be released and we can't have it here until we hear otherwise" 

11 hours ago, Liam said:

What if Billie was the one who released this to us? ;)

I have thought of that..he did just for Us and for himself for fun?..but how did he manage to put all of those images so quickly..

12 minutes ago, Strychnine. said:

From my experience in the past, this forum always went with the safest option which was "it wasn't meant to be released and we can't have it here until we hear otherwise" 

But that's a big IF and again just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But that's a big IF and again just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

I think the chances of it being put on his private instagram and then being leaked here by some fan who has access to the account are bigger than the chances of him having made the video and deciding to share it himself here. 

3 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

i know..it worst to see that clip of Man beating up Woman or Wife/Hushand for no reason what so-ever!..:fuckyou:

Official Green Day facebook page shared the video from... Green Day Brasil fanpage :lol: WTF is going on :lol:

Archived