NEW?!?!? Troubled Times video?!?

BillnTed

2 hours ago, Liam said:

What if Billie was the one who released this to us? ;)

Yeah, what if @BillnTed IS Billie? Registered in 2013 and this is his first post... isn't that almost like the guy who posted about Bang Bang a year ago? :ga:

And would releasing it here make GDC the new official fanclub under new management? ;)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

Somethings at first glance it appears to be made very recently like it's been pointed out the Charloettesville protests are on there. Other things that stood out were the Grenfell Tower fire in London, North Korea military parade and firing missiles, Trump tweets, police brutality, domestic violence, surveillance and drones dropping bombs.

I was thinking that it could be an old video that the director of the lyric video did, as he said there were various versions with very different footage and focus /theme, but it doesn't match his style at all (it's too simple) and if it's got some of the things you mentioned there then it can't be from October - January 

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

+1. Billie said in an old interview that he liked/s making home videos?? It just screams that imo. I can see him getting frustrated with yesterday's events and just putting something together while bored/out on a walk.

Getting past the initial cringe of a grown man filming himself miming in bed (and the sad reality of all the news footage) I really like it :lol:

I see this as the most probable option. Although he's not particularly a techie so how he put it together and did the editing of each video (when a black marker rubs it out for example) is a mystery... Maybe someone set it up for him and he looked for the videos and inserted them? It could be. Does anyone know about video editing? Because maybe in some programme that layout is a template? So that would have been easier. (Sorry, Billie, I still love you :lol: )  

32 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

I was thinking that it could be an old video that the director of the lyric video did, as he said there were various versions with very different footage and focus /theme, but it doesn't match his style at all (it's too simple) and if it's got some of the things you mentioned there then it can't be from October - January 

I see this as the most probable option. Although he's not particularly a techie so how he put it together and did the editing of each video (when a black marker rubs it out for example) is a mystery... Maybe someone set it up for him and he looked for the videos and inserted them? It could be. Does anyone know about video editing? Because maybe in some programme that layout is a template? So that would have been easier. (Sorry, Billie, I still love you :lol: )  

Dunno, I don't know much about video editing but it looks fairly simple to me if you're remotely into it (and like you say software alone could probably do the job). The home videos interview appears to be from AI era (here) so he's had a few years as part of the human race to practice :P Even then I'm sure he could get a hand from someone on the team for the final touches. The clips of him appear to be current (going with the trend of filming himself + hair etc), and the Charlottesville footage can't be more than ~24 hours old right now. Could have been filmed on the morning/afternoon before last night's show (of him I mean). Call me naive I just don't see any other logical explanations behind it haha.

Will be interesting to see if we get any mention of it from the band.

3 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Billie should make an musical.ly

Musical.ly is cringe :mellow:

This is amazing. The video, the way it was leaked, the up to the minute timeliness. Really takes advantage of the best use of social media. Now everyone needs to help out by posting this everywhere and getting it around. 

And what a nice surprise when we're all bitching about the monotony of the setlist and not expecting anything. The video really does capture that helpless feeling I've had over the past year, it's a real comfort knowing Billie is struggling with the same feelings. Reminds me we're all in this together. 💚💚💚 

5 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Getting past the initial cringe of a grown man filming himself miming in bed (and the sad reality of all the news footage) I really like it :lol:

I thought it was odd at first too (but hey, Billie shirtless in bed I'll take it), but upon watching it several times, I think it adds an extra layer of vulnerability which I love.  I think this and the other Troubled Times video are my two favorite of the Red Rad era.

14 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I thought it was odd at first too (but hey, Billie shirtless in bed I'll take it), but upon watching it several times, I think it adds an extra layer of vulnerability which I love.  I think this and the other Troubled Times video are my two favorite of the Red Rad era.

Oh definitely. Seeing it as "a weird thing to do" makes it super cringey but seeing it as "he feels so strongly about this and he doesn't care" makes it really powerful. I could be seeing wrong but his eyes even look teary at certain points. Although - I just had the thought that if it actually leaked and wasn't meant to be made public that must be pretty awkward for him :lol: On the other hand there's this mysterious OP person. Is there someone called Ted on Green Day's inner team? Is it a conincidence that the Vimeo link they posted is on a channel called Rev Rad with zero previous views? I'm only asking.. :P

I honestly didn't care about Troubled Times for the first couple of months, the lyrics felt really cliched and preachy, but when the lyric video came out that totally changed it. Thematically it's such a strong song.

The in bed bits to me convey the worry perfectly, sleepless nights over the state of the nation. It's a great creative choice and so in the DIY spirit for Billie to make his own music video without making a big splash about it. It's like when they screenprinted their own t-shirts to sell at their shows. I love that they haven't lost that.

I don't know about anyone else but this has to be the best Green Day video ever! 

15 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh definitely. Seeing it as "a weird thing to do" makes it super cringey but seeing it as "he feels so strongly about this and he doesn't care" makes it really powerful. I could be seeing wrong but his eyes even look teary at certain points. Although - I just had the thought that if it actually leaked and wasn't meant to be made public that must be pretty awkward for him :lol: On the other hand there's this mysterious OP person. Is there someone called Ted on Green Day's inner team? Is it a conincidence that the Vimeo link they posted is on a channel called Rev Rad with zero previous views? I'm only asking.. :P

I honestly didn't care about Troubled Times for the first couple of months, the lyrics felt really cliched and preachy, but when the lyric video came out that totally changed it. Thematically it's such a strong song.

The BillnTed username could be in reference to the film Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, which I have heard Billie Joe reference before in an old interview...not saying it's him. Haha. But what if...? :lol:

I can't stop watching this, it's amazing. It perfectly highlights all of the shit that is going on in the world and fits the song so well.

I also love how it seems so spontaneous and rushed, as if it reflects the panic that people feel when something terrible happens unexpectedly.

3 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

The BillnTed username could be in reference to the film Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, which I have heard Billie Joe reference before in an old interview...not saying it's him. Haha. But what if...? :lol:

Oh! Well it doesn't exactly rule it out completely lol

I haven't seen this yet (or any of their videos for revrad except for Bang Bang and SB lol), but I really love this diy approach, the fact that this vid was released withought any fuss and I think the use of current footage is brilliant. 

Or maybe someone hacked Billie's phone, stole his bed home video and put this together :P

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is amazing. The video, the way it was leaked, the up to the minute timeliness. Really takes advantage of the best use of social media. Now everyone needs to help out by posting this everywhere and getting it around. 

And what a nice surprise when we're all bitching about the monotony of the setlist and not expecting anything. The video really does capture that helpless feeling I've had over the past year, it's a real comfort knowing Billie is struggling with the same feelings. Reminds me we're all in this together. 💚💚💚 

Yes.  It had 65 views when I went to bed last night, and is only at 523 now.  More people need to see this.

And I know what you mean.  This, and Billie's most recent Instagram mentioning complacency and apathy resonate with me.  Those are the two exact words I used to describe myself after the election last year.  I've always been politically active, but less so in recent years.  I chalked that up to the stereotype of getting more conservative as you get older, but the second Trump won, I realized it was that I got so used to having a Democrat in the White House that I never truly thought about what would happen when there wasn't one.

Whether it was Billie or not BillnTed had to be someone on the inside who leaked it to us intentionally. Was it leaked this way on IN too? Anyone know where else this was first posted? We might be ground zero which makes it our job to get the word out and share!

When I first watched this I didn't have sound on so I was basically just looking at shirtless Billie :P, but I just watched it properly with sound and it's really powerful. I hope it's "official" but either way it's a really interesting DIY type video, feels so real and personal with Billie just simply filming himself on his phone and the images around him. Captures the being surrounded by troubling shit going on and feeling helpless to stop it feel of the song so well.

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I haven't seen this yet (or any of their videos for revrad except for Bang Bang and SB lol), but I really love this diy approach, the fact that this vid was released withought any fuss and I think the use of current footage is brilliant. 

Or maybe someone hacked Billie's phone, stole his bed home video and put this together :P

Oh my goodness watch them! Rev Rad with them playing in Gilman along with clips of them playing when they were young is cool and the lyric videos they've done are really good, you have to watch the Say Goodbye and Troubled Times ones.

I'm reeeaaaally hoping that hasn't happened :P, would be a real shame.

Well, it's certainly better than the Revolution Radio video.

The whole release of this video seems very odd...not in a bad way, it's just weird that this video exists.

The mystery of it is what should get people paying attention and talking about it. I can't resist a mystery!

1 minute ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

The whole release of this video seems very odd...not in a bad way, it's just weird that this video exists.

I agree :lol:. Looking forward to finding out exactly where it came from.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whether it was Billie or not BillnTed had to be someone on the inside who leaked it to us intentionally. Was it leaked this way on IN too? Anyone know where else this was first posted? We might be ground zero which makes it our job to get the word out and share!

I think we were indeed ground zero.  I don't see any mention of it at IN and it wasn't posted to the reddit sub until 3am CST.

4 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I think we were indeed ground zero.  I don't see any mention of it at IN and it wasn't posted to the reddit sub until 3am CST.

Lol I went to check too and saw you there

That's pretty exciting, but you'd think they would want to leak it to the official fan community first? So either it's not GD behind an intentional leak or they have officially given up on IN :P

(Also noticed they have a "Post Sexy Billie Joe photos here!" thread, with five posts in four months. Amateurs :bunny:)

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

Lol I went to check too and saw you there

That's pretty exciting, but you'd think they would want to leak it to the official fan community first? So either it's not GD behind the leak or they have officialy given up on IN :P

(Also noticed they have a "Post Sexy Billie Joe photos here!" thread, with five posts in four months. Amateurs :bunny:)

Ha!  I also noticed that thread.  :lol:

Archived