NEW?!?!? Troubled Times video?!?

BillnTed

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

Where did the video even emerge from? 

It was just randomly posted here, I don't see that it's been posted/released by anyone from the band.

2 hours ago, so-unholy said:

It's got Charlottesville footage in it! Did they make this today??? So strange.

Yeah I saw that.

Anyways loved it.

I mean it's possible, maybe it's just something he did because he could and no other reason :ga:

Very powerful images that made me sad. I probably have to watch this 3 more times to see all the footage.
I don't think it has enough potential for an official video but it's worth existing and being shared.

And last, but not least: Hi, Billie :P

Hm, that was interesting. So curious about the backstory of this, who made it? Can't wait to hear from the band about it. 

30 minutes ago, GreenDayTheory said:

Any youtube link? I'm on my ipad 

Yes, there's a YouTube link on page one of this thread.

Somethings at first glance it appears to be made very recently like it's been pointed out the Charloettesville protests are on there. Other things that stood out were the Grenfell Tower fire in London, North Korea military parade and firing missiles, Trump tweets, police brutality, domestic violence, surveillance and drones dropping bombs.

1 hour ago, jumpsalty said:

Seems like a fun thing they made and 'leaked' to me, it's cool I like it 

+1. Billie said in an old interview that he liked/s making home videos?? It just screams that imo. I can see him getting frustrated with yesterday's events and just putting something together while bored/out on a walk.

Getting past the initial cringe of a grown man filming himself miming in bed (and the sad reality of all the news footage) I really like it :lol:

19 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I'm almost sure Billie made it all by himself, I love it! :D

20 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

+1. Billie said in an old interview that he liked/s making home videos?? It just screams that imo. I can see him getting frustrated with yesterday's events and just putting something together while bored/out on a walk.

Getting past the inital cringe of a grown man filming himself miming in bed (and the sad reality of all the news footage) I really like it :lol:

Well he mimings in music vidoes, sure he can do some miming on his phone 

First of all, it does not seem to be fan made (obviously) because as some of you have already said, Billie is in it and actually singing the song.

I don't think Green Day did this as a band, it looks like Billie did it by himself and not to push Troubled Times as a single. For me it looks more like his response to the recent turmoil in the US/the world. If that's really the case, I think it's brilliant! It means the guy is actively using social media to leak stuff he practically did real quick as a response to current events, which is soooo cool. 

On this note, I have a feeling GD might go a bit rampant and leave the known mind-set for bands and promotion. This video is as random as the new remixes of old GD songs. Right now, bands release music, make a video for it, do interviews and go on tour. But how cool would it be if bands would work almost like radio channels and just put out whatever they are creating. Social media has become a huge part of our lives and demands a change of mind set on how to release stuff. Things have to be more spontaneous, more authentic and released quickly. If Green Day are going there, holy shit, I'm almost peeing myself from excitement! 

13 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Well he mimings in music vidoes, sure he can do some miming on his phone 

Yeah I just found it funny/slightly awkward, it's something you'd expect from a kid in front of their bedroom mirror :P

It's a fucking great little "project" though if its the case, to raise some awareness of sorts. Charlottesville obviously made him quite emotional (re: his instagram post).

Edit: okay, Melissa worded it way better above.

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Yeah I just found it funny/slightly awkward, it's something you'd expect from a kid in front of their bedroom mirror :P

It's a fucking great little "project" though if its the case, to raise some awareness of sorts. Charlottesville obviously made him quite emotional (re: his instagram post).

Billie should make an musical.ly

2 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Billie should make an musical.ly

Are those the lip syncing videos people do? Even I feel too old/out of the loop for that, don't expect Billie to jumo on it any time soon lol

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Are those the lip syncing videos people do? Even I feel too old/out of the loop for that, don't expect Billie to jumo on it any time soon lol

It's kinda a cringe thing pre teens do

2 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

It's kinda a cringe thing pre teens do

Oh, just realised I kind of did compare him to a pre teen in my previous post :P Haha, who knows, maybe he'll make more of these. The way the world appears to be going :ermm: 

Wow, I love this! And reading his latest Instagram post, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Billie really made this.

@melissi_unicorn I agree that it would be exciting! That's actually what One Republic does now. I'm not a fan or anything, just following them loosely, and they turned away from the strict album release, album-promo, album-tour-rhythm and just release random stuff when they feel it's right to release it. Exciting, exciting times!!

Just now, MMwhatsername said:

Wow, I love this! And reading his latest Instagram post, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Billie really made this.

@melissi_unicorn I agree that it would be exciting! That's actually what One Republic does now. I'm not a fan or anything, just following them loosely, and they turned away from the strict album release, album-promo, album-tour-rhythm and just release random stuff when they feel it's right to release it. Exciting, exciting times!!

I remember billie saying he likes doing albums 

1 minute ago, luketrebilliemike said:

I remember billie saying he likes doing albums 

I'm not saying that they should stop releasing albums (God, please not!), just that releasing random stuff like this video (??) and remixed songs, or a new song here and there could be an exciting supplement.

3 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh, just realised I kind of did compare him to a pre teen in my previous post :P Haha, who knows, maybe he'll make more of these. The way the world appears to be going :ermm: 

He kinda needs more songs about troubled times then 

2 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

I'm not saying that they should stop releasing albums (God, please not!), just that releasing random stuff like this video (??) and remixed songs, or a new song here and there could be an exciting supplement.

Like fell for you and Xmas time of the year

Archived