Daddy.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hermione said:

Lol at the wild speculation going on here

i've seen wilder :P 

19 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Managers control the business side of things so the band can just focus on their talents, once all the basics have been negotiated. They are extremely important. 

My guess is that it is either a retirement sort of thing, or Green Day were becoming unruly (which wouldn't surprise me).. Good Managers of any professional business want as little 'personal opinion/personal life' as possible, and BJ's been totally unhinged with his 'Kill Donald Trump' shit, and are going a bit overboard with their personal beliefs on social media lately. 

"I don't like that Billie's been outspoken about Trump therefore I think that's why their manager quit" (although they've always been outspoken and have been way more "unruly" countless other times over the last 20 years) :P 

Yeah, they're calmer and more settled now than they've ever been. I don't think this has anything to do with anyone's personal behavior. But they are on their best tour in years that seems underpromoted and that's a manager's job, isn't it?

14 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

i've seen wilder :P 

I mean I don't even know what exactly his position entailed, and as far as I know we've heard little to no info about his history with the band or their relationship up to now, and the article tells us nothing, not even whether he was fired or quit. So pretty much any speculation is wild at this point :lol: 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder if they felt the same way we did over the lack of promotion this tour. Maybe they thought he wasn't keeping up with the times and social media demands. Was he too old school?

That is what I thought too..maybe their record company WB think, Pat did lack of promotion and it is very he was old school and they needed a change..but I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

"I don't like that Billie's been outspoken about Trump therefore I think that's why their manager quit" (although they've always been outspoken and have been way more "unruly" countless other times over the last 20 years) :P 

There's a difference between contributing a song to a rock against Bush album and inciting violence or hatred towards the president. And the whole Iheart was admittedly Billie's demons.

I'm not saying I care or disagree with what Billie says, but from a 'serious manager/non fan perspective' it's probably not an easy thing to deal with, and this is the most unhinged they've ever been (without drug abuse as a reason) 

All we can do is speculate at this point... That wasn't an article so much as an "expanded headline." No details or info on the situation.

Hope everything is well at this was a mutual business decision. 

8 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

There's a difference between contributing a song to a rock against Bush album and inciting violence or hatred towards the president. And the whole Iheart was admittedly Billie's demons.

I'm not saying I care or disagree with what Billie says, but from a 'serious manager/non fan perspective' it's probably not an easy thing to deal with, and this is the most unhinged they've ever been (without drug abuse as a reason) 

I don't think Billie behaving badly resently..has nothing to do with manager..it more complicated then that..

i hope new manager will make thing greater..

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah, they're calmer and more settled now than they've ever been. 

Billie literally beat up a car with a guitar last night :lol:

12 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie literally beat up a car with a guitar last night :lol:

That's what I mean. ☺️ This is relatively calm.

Promotion wise, how different could it get, I mean, they're still at Warner Music Group, they just won't be at Reprise Records anymore (woah, that felt weird just writting it)

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

That's what I mean. ☺️ This is relatively calm.

If you were their manager you wouldn't consider your band trying to smash up the gigs sponsors vehicle "calm". The other day Billie yelled out "Kill Donald Trump" which the manager would have had to deal with and at the same show Billie encouraged people to run naked across the arena. It might seem funny to us but Pat probably got an earful. 

Just now, thundercatmary said:

Wait they are leaving Reprise? Since when?

If they sign with Crush Music, that means they're not at Reprise I guess? Right? You can't be signed with 2 labels at the same time

I've heard nothing about changing labels only their manager. Maybe I misread the article? Who knows.

I re read the Variety article and I believe Crush is the name of the management group the new manager is with, not a record label. 

4 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

I've heard nothing about changing labels only their manager. Maybe I misread the article? Who knows.

"According to a source, the trio — comprised of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool — is set to sign with Jonathan Daniel at Crush Music, home to Sia, Fall Out Boy, and Lorde, among others. [...]  Daniel founded Crush in 2003 and has grown its management roster to include Train (...), Panic! at the Disco, Weezer (who Magnarella represented at the time of their debut “Blue” album) (...) Crush also represents writers and producers and houses a publishing arm and a label. "

If they sign with Jonathan Daniel, I guess that means they're going to change labels?  

Look, maybe i'm wrong, i'm not too informed about music "politics" but why would Daniel represent them at another label than his own? 

Because it's not a label, at least they don't refer to Crush as a label. Not sure what the publishing arm and label are called. If they were changing labels that would have been announced also imo.

5 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

because it's not a label

Yeah there's a grey area there it seems, 'cause though Crush IS a label(I've check on iTunes and some recent Train/Weezer releases have "Crush Music" credited as "a label") these band seem to still be signed with their respective "Atlantic/Fueled by Ramen/etc.." labels. It's always "released under the exclusive blablabla "Atlantic Records/Crush Music"" 

So you must be right, there's no "Green Day not being at Reprise anymore" worry to have. Sorry about that :P

1 minute ago, willplaygame said:

Yeah there's a grey area there it seems, 'cause though Crush IS a label(I've check on iTunes and some recent Train/Weezer releases have "Crush Music" credited as "a label") these band seem to still be signed with their respective "Atlantic/Fueled by Ramen/etc.." labels. It's always "released under the exclusive blablabla "Atlantic Records/Crush Music"" 

So you must be right, there's no "Green Day not being at Reprise anymore" worry to have. Sorry about that :P

haha no worries it has me confused to lol

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Lol at the wild speculation going on here

It's what we do! :toocool:

Archived