Green Day, Manager Pat Magnarella Part After 21 Years

Daddy.

47 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

If you were their manager you wouldn't consider your band trying to smash up the gigs sponsors vehicle "calm". The other day Billie yelled out "Kill Donald Trump" which the manager would have had to deal with and at the same show Billie encouraged people to run naked across the arena. It might seem funny to us but Pat probably got an earful. 

Billie will always be Billie. These are just the kinds of things he has always done and isn't going to stop doing. I think his manager is more than aware and adjusted to this. If they were major problems they would have made the news, and there wasn't even a blip. And I'm sure that the new manager is fully aware that Billie is impulsive and unpredictable. The live puppet video after the show was proof to me that he and the people around him were fully in control and feeling lighthearted.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Lol at the wild speculation going on here

And NOBODY knows what the fuck they are talking about.

12 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Billie will always be Billie. These are just the kinds of things he has always done and isn't going to stop doing. I think his manager is more than aware and adjusted to this. If they were major problems they would have made the news, and there wasn't even a blip. And I'm sure that the new manager is fully aware that Billie is impulsive and unpredictable. The live puppet video after the show was proof to me that he and the people around him were fully in control and feeling lighthearted.

It's not always the case that if there were major problems they would have made the news when you consider that none of us knew that Pat had been trying to get Billie to go to rehab in the summer of 2012 when the guys were in the UK. No major problems made the news but evidently shit was hitting the fan behind the scenes. We only know bits and pieces of what went on then from what Billie told us afterwards. Otherwise we never would have known a thing. We also wouldn't have known that Pat was the one pushing him to go to rehab the entire time and the one who succeeded in getting him to go eventually. The point being we have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they parted mid tour for the hell of it but just as easily Pat could have genuine reasons for leaving. 

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

It's not always the case that if there were major problems they would have made the news when you consider that none of us knew that Pat had been trying to get Billie to go to rehab in the summer of 2012 when the guys were in the UK. No major problems made the news but evidently shit was hitting the fan behind the scenes. We only know bits and pieces of what went on then from what Billie told us afterwards. Otherwise we never would have known a thing. We also wouldn't have known that Pat was the one pushing him to go to rehab the entire time and the one who succeeded in getting him to go eventually. The point being we have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they parted mid tour for the hell of it but just as easily Pat could have genuine reasons for leaving. 

Oh Lord never mind. If I knew we would get back to this I would have never commented. I am officially dropping the subject.

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Oh Lord never mind. If I knew we would get back to this I would have never commented. I am officially dropping the subject.

Fair enough. It is however the best example of how "major problems" do not always make the news for many years.

Pat has been great. Really sad to see him and the band split up. I sent him a note expressing that and he replied. 

6a1ioHs.png

Just because they're changing managers doesn't mean they are changing labels 

Also I think they're smart enough to know you never ever ever have your manager be your CEO that's a huge conflict of interest... 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Just because they're changing managers doesn't mean they are changing labels 

Yeah. That doesn't really make any sense.

Managers basically represent artists in the sense that they can give statements out and do a bunch of stuff on behalf of them. They make decisions, but can also be a part of other aspects of the industry, including promo, and in some states, creating deals as an agent would.
Agents are the ones that set up calls, interviews-basically try to get their talent out their. Basically deals and contracts.

Crush houses a label, but they are essentially a management firm. Green Day is only changing managers to be with Crush, but won't be joining the label and thus will remain on Warner (from what the article reads). 

Also, most labels have a marketing department that would take a large chunk of the promotional aspect of this (I assume - correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not yet worried , although the news is definitely hard to hear.
Wishing the best for both the band and Pat moving forward.

It's possible it was mutual, maybe Pat is wanting to reduce his work or retire all together. Hopefully whatever happened was mutual and no bad blood involved. 

he joined around Insomniac era...... they stop playing songs from Insomniac..... Pat no longer manages them....... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

See this setlist is evil pure evil 

Also, forgot to add it, but what a lovely post Andres. Thanks for providing a bit of your history with Pat.

What I'm mostly concerned about is whether GDA will have the same relationship with this new guy. It was very cool (and unique) how Pat interacted with this fansite.

8 minutes ago, DoodleBob said:

What I'm mostly concerned about is whether GDA will have the same relationship with this new guy. It was very cool (and unique) how Pat interacted with this fansite.

I hope we can. We still have a good relationship with other people who work directly with the band, so I'm not terribly worried. But it would still be nice to have that person we can always email when looking for information.

28 minutes ago, GreenDayTheory said:

It has to be something deep that they will let him go :(

It's impossible to say. As someone said, it could be mutual. It could just be a shift in what they're looking for at this stage in their career. That doesn't mean anything negative, just a change.

15 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I hope we can. We still have a good relationship with other people who work directly with the band, so I'm not terribly worried. But it would still be nice to have that person we can always email when looking for information.

It's impossible to say. As someone said, it could be mutual. It could just be a shift in what they're looking for at this stage in their career. That doesn't mean anything negative, just a change.

I hope there is no bad blood between them 

I hope the new manager also sees the huge promotional value of having a fan news site and forum. 

Pat may have just left for family or other personal reasons, 21 years is a long time and I'm sure he got paid a Fuckton for doing so, maybe he wants some me too :) 

I don't think we will see any changes to how green day is run for at least a few weeks tho 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

See this setlist is evil pure evil 

Oh I could do a lot with this:wub:

I mean... While all the bands he has worked with are pretty good - they're not Green Day. They're nothing like Green Day. I'm just hoping a new manager doesn't change their image in any capacity. On that note, I hope he's a good fit for the band, and I wish Pat the best on what he has planned next, and a huge thank you to him for putting up with them for so long. :lol:

Seeing the GDA article on my Facebook newsfeed starting with "Green Day split" first thing in the morning almost gave me a fucking heart attack!

This is so sad, don't know what to think about this. If he only decided to retire it would be kind of weird to do it mid-tour. But who knows.

Yesterday after Billie beat up the car I had to think about Billies speech at the Hall of Fame induction, when he addressed Pat and said "You're a very brave man. You're our manager." So yeah, that guy has been through a lot of trouble with this band. I hope both Pat and the boys are fine.

Are people in here seriously calling Billie "unhinged" for speaking out against Trump, aka the most unhinged man on Earth?

Archived