More Remixed Song?

Ordinary Times

Lazy Bones doesn't need to be remixed at all it's as perfect as it is 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather they do mixes of songs I'm not that fussed on, just so there's a chance I could get to love them. My favourites, like DRB and Brutal Love and Lazy Bones, are already my favourites so a remix of them wouldn't really change that. Maybe I'd be proved wrong though! Oh Love could be good as a remix.

9 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

One good thing that might come from remixing songs, especially from ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, is that some of the really good material that was on the trilogy can now actually get the promotion it deserves.  Songs like Lazy Bones, SWTRLF, Brutal Love, Missing You, [insert your trilogy fave here] weren't promoted as much as they should have been, for obvious and perfectly good reasons.  Hopefully the remixes will bring some of these to the attention of the more casual Green Day fan, cos currently a lot of songs that might have been very good singles are sitting around as unintentional deep cuts.

I agree and I think maybe that's why they're doing it. An excuse to do some promo for those songs that they never got to promote!

IF they were going to make like new remixes, i don't want a new trilogy .... I don't like the main idea in general, i prefer songs from Kerplunk etc, but IF they were going to remix a LOT of songs from the trilogy just make ONE album with the BEST songs from the trilogy . Remastered of course . But i don't want it at all, and like i don't think it will give GD tons of more popularity etc or something like that.

From what Billie said on his instagram I really believe they are going to fix some of the songs they thought could have been done better.  Reason being is that they probably want to perform some of them.  Personally I hope they do most of the triple album and include state of shock as well.  Fingers crossed for that one.  I mean they have their own studio where they can work on these tracks and its not like they have to pay for studio time in their own studio.  So it really works out.

Need to remix 8th Avenue Serenade. That song was amazing when they first played it live and the studio version sapped all the passion out of it.

I would love to hear any and all trilogy songs remixed, but I hope it doesn't pertain to the trilogy. It would be great to hear anything from 1,039 to Warning remixed as well. I feel like anything from AI or 21st CB would be kind of pointless.

I feel like they'll do Missing You

42 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

I would love to hear any and all trilogy songs remixed, but I hope it doesn't pertain to the trilogy. It would be great to hear anything from 1,039 to Warning remixed as well. I feel like anything from AI or 21st CB would be kind of pointless.

I feel like they'll do Missing You

The issue with 1039 and Kerplunk is the masters are supposedly in very bad shape 

7 hours ago, hym.jarred said:

I agree that it would be more interesting to remix some of the older stuff, especially because Billies voice has changed so much since then (in a good way). I would love to hear No One Knows with 45-year-old-Billie's voice!:wub:

They should do a song from each album/era and see what becomes a success.  Here are my picks:

Road to Acceptance

Dominated Love Slave

Pulling Teeth

Stuart and the Ave

Scattered 

Misery

Give Me Novacaine

Restless Heart Syndrome

Haha You are Dead (lol)

F(woo) Time

Walk Away

Too Dumb to Die

I doubt it will be anything other than Trilogy songs considering they'd previously mentioned they'd remixed/re-recorded Trilogy songs, as much as I would love to hear better quality recordings from their first 2 albums.  Unless they re-record some of the debut album to celebrate Green Day's upcoming 30th anniversary then there's not really any reason to re-visit those songs.

My preferences for Trilogy songs to receive the 'Otis' treatment would be:

Nuclear Family,

Let Yourself Go

Rusty James

Stop When The Red Lights Flash

Makeout Party

Wow! That's Loud

Missing You

Walk Away (but only adding extra guitar from the first chorus, leave the opening verse as it is)

Dirty Rotten Bastards

99 Revolutions

I've omitted some of my favourite tracks (Lazy Bones, X-Kid and Stray Heart) as I think they work better without the 'heavier' guitar sound and wouldn't really benefit from a remix.

Sweet 16 deserves a remix too. The song has a surfey, beachy vibe but the dull drums and chimey guitars ruin it.

They are apparently doing more of these.  I'd love an older song to become a hit years after it was released.   

oooooooooooooh.   How about "the Saints are Coming" with either Billie singing the whole thing or Mike or Tre singing Bonos part?????????????

On August 6, 2017 at 11:36 AM, WhiteTim said:

Cause sometimes Billie word isn't always 100% 

He's sober now :lol:

On August 10, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

They are apparently doing more of these.  I'd love an older song to become a hit years after it was released.   

oooooooooooooh.   How about "the Saints are Coming" with either Billie singing the whole thing or Mike or Tre singing Bonos part?????????????

I'd rather have Bono.I don't Mike can do that

On August 6, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Ordinary Times said:

Fuck time was originally from FBHT. Makeout Party would be perfect for FBHT.

I'd love to hear remixed Lazy Bones, maybe Wild One? Don't know. They really should remix their old stuff like the songs from the first album and kerplunk. Those album deserves more high tech recording stuff and some remastered. You can see when they play it live. It's sounds so amazing

Dos was supposed to be the FBHT second album

I really hope they will only remix trilogy songs because I love this album (or the albums) so much so I want them to get the attention and appreciation they deserve. It also saddens me that especially Billie doesn't seem to be happy with how the songs turned out. I just want him to love the trilogy again so they'll finally get back to performing some of the songs live. 

Archived