More Remixed Song?

Ordinary Times

Hey guys and gals. If you've watched Billie Joe's instagram live video from about an hour ago, he said there will be more remixes coming out. I wonder what song will be remixed. Cigarettes and Valentines? More C&V songs? More Trilogy materials?

leave your thoughts in the comment section!

rage and love ~

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this classified as rumour? If Billie said it himself isn't that verified we just don't know which songs. Let the speculation begin!

Since they've been talking about having remixed Trilogy songs for a long time now I'm guessing strictly trilogy. Now which ones do we think could have been done better? Just throwing a few out there...

Oh Love

Stay the Night

99 Revolutions 

Sex, Drugs and Violence

Carpe Diem

I would love a remix and re-issue of pre-Dookie stuff. But I think they are going to remix trilogy songs this time... 

cigarettes and valentines is unlikely but the fact that they're going back into the vault at all is great

i hope they do dirty rotten bastards

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Why is this classified as rumour? If Billie said it himself isn't that verified we just don't know which songs. Let the speculation begin!

Since they've been talking about having remixed Trilogy songs for a long time now I'm guessing strictly trilogy. Now which ones do we think could have been done better? Just throwing a few out there...

Oh Love

Stay the Night

99 Revolutions 

Sex, Drugs and Violence

Carpe Diem

Yes I agree why it is rumor?..When Billie said himself that will  from  his new IG 

anyways..

you copy me?.. I want them to remixes Stay the Night,Make-out party and Nightlife!

Im fine with any song love the music! Hearing new mixes is always a listening pleasure 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh Love

Stay the Night

99 Revolutions 

Sex, Drugs and Violence

Carpe Diem

Cause sometimes Billie word isn't always 100% 

35 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Cause sometimes Billie word isn't always 100% 

Get what you mean but it would be kind of a weird, very specific thing to make up no?

My guess is on more Trilogy stuff and I won't complain at all:dance:

5 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Get what you mean but it would be kind of a weird, very specific thing to make up no?

My guess is on more Trilogy stuff and I won't complain at all:dance:

*cough cough* a fbht show 

Personally hoping for Brutal Love, Lazy Bones, Lady Cobra and Kill The DJ. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Maybe they will release some more trilogy remixes and then play them at the secret FBHT show? :woot:

Lazy Bones and Brutal Love would be nuts!

1 minute ago, MMwhatsername said:

Maybe they will release some more trilogy remixes and then play them at the secret FBHT show? :woot:

Lazy Bones and Brutal Love would be nuts!

And a new FBHT song wouldn't hurt while they're in the studio :ga:

Yes, two of the best songs from that era!

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Yeah but he actually literally said "there will be more remixes" and no "remixes anyone???? *wink wink nudge nudge*" :P 

Would love to see Lazy Bones getting some attention but it's such a dark song I doubt it.

Yes, but I know very well how much he loves talking, so I never trust anything until it's official :P

I know, it's mostly my wishful thinking. They play other dark songs though, so maybe, with the time that passed, it doesn't seem as hopeless as it used to. 

7 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Personally hoping for Brutal Love, Lazy Bones, Lady Cobra and Kill The DJ. 

Yeah but he actually literally said "there will be more remixes" and not "remixes anyone???? *wink wink nudge nudge*" :P 

Would love to see Lazy Bones getting some attention but it's such a dark and personal song I doubt it.

7 hours ago, Eric said:

I hope the next one is Lazy Bones!!! :D 

This would be so good, but at the same time Lazy Bones is one of my favourite songs and so I'm worried that a remix might not make it better/do it justice.  Obviously they know more about production than me, but I can't see anything that I really want to change about the current version.

Brutal Love, again, is a great song, but I can see what they could add to this one.

7 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I want them to remixes Stay the Night,Make-out party and Nightlife!

Doubt they'll do Nightlife, but if they do they should re-record the guest vocals and replace Lady Cobra with Mike or Tré :lol: 

I think Carpe Diem would have been such a more popular song with more "Green Day sound" to it. 

There is so much potensial in all of the trilogy songs. 

My picks would be Carpe Diem, SWTRLF, Lazy Bones or Fuck Time.

Songs like 99 Revolutions, Stay The Night, Oh Love, DrB etc. are so fucking good and I don't want my favorite songs from the trilogy to be remixed tbh :/ 

One good thing that might come from remixing songs, especially from ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, is that some of the really good material that was on the trilogy can now actually get the promotion it deserves.  Songs like Lazy Bones, SWTRLF, Brutal Love, Missing You, [insert your trilogy fave here] weren't promoted as much as they should have been, for obvious and perfectly good reasons.  Hopefully the remixes will bring some of these to the attention of the more casual Green Day fan, cos currently a lot of songs that might have been very good singles are sitting around as unintentional deep cuts.

It would be cool if it were more a retake than a remix with a post session heavy guitar that drowns everything else. But as a promotion tool for a past disaster, I think is a good choice. If this leads to some of the songs of the trilogy get some playing, I'll be more than pleased. I know that Fell for you was played once, maybe twice, and I like rarities :)

it would be cool if they release remixed songs from the trilogy with some new stuff for a new fbht album. i would like remixes of rusty james, oh love, fuck time, make out party, stray heart, wow that's loud and brutal love + 4 or 5 new songs

1 minute ago, Mücki said:

it would be cool if they release remixed songs from the trilogy with some new stuff for a new fbht album. i would like remixes of rusty james, oh love, fuck time, make out party, stray heart, wow that's loud and brutal love + 4 or 5 new songs

Fuck time was originally from FBHT. Makeout Party would be perfect for FBHT.

I'd love to hear remixed Lazy Bones, maybe Wild One? Don't know. They really should remix their old stuff like the songs from the first album and kerplunk. Those album deserves more high tech recording stuff and some remastered. You can see when they play it live. It's sounds so amazing

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Doubt they'll do Nightlife, but if they do they should re-record the guest vocals and replace Lady Cobra with Mike or Tré :lol: 

😂 In drag please!

if they do stuff besides trilogy songs (unlikely, but ima speculate anyway because its fun and a topic of conversation) id like C&V most of all because that's my favorite song by them but that is sadly the most unlikely :/ besides that i think paper lanterns deserves a bit of a kick! maybe pasalacqua? holden caulfield? all unlikely but its fun to think about ha

out of trilogy songs there's a lot of shit they could redo. they could just keep pumping out material in between album cycles with all the trilogy songs that deserve a redo.

Nuclear Family

Stay the Night

Carpe Diem

Let Yoursrelf Go (i reaaaally hope the make the guitars super heavy if they remix this song)

Oh Love could get a Still Breathing-esque sound

Stray Heart

Stop When the Red Lights Flash

99 Revolutions

Brutal Love (this could also get a Still Breathing-esque sound)

Missing You (this sound could sound soooo killer if done right)

and X-Kid

they could basically redo demolicious and call it ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre! The Otis Mixes or something like that

Archived