How much money have you spent on green day ?

luketrebilliemike

How much money do you think you have spent on green day tickets, or merch ( official or not) and like buying the music it self, I think in total for me it's gonna be at least £3000 over the course of me being a fan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow I could totally calculate this to quite a high degree of accuracy. Not sure I want to though :lol:. Would you include travel/accommodation costs for shows or not? That would make a big difference.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Oh wow I could totally calculate this to quite a high degree of accuracy. Not sure I want to though :lol:. Would you include travel/accommodation costs for shows or not? That would make a big difference.

Do both !!

19 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

In my case the most accurate answer is too much :lol:

You can never spend too much on things you love ;) Considering how much we all spend on bullshit and useless stuff, I think I still didn't spend enough on Green Day although it is quite a lot over the years :lol: But the experience is priceless, so :)

I try not to think about it.  

Around $4,000 and worth every cent! 

I started doing it and I realised nearly all my Green Day merch is gifts or prizes :lol:. So I've saved a lot there. I have bought a lot of GD shirts for my brother but I guess I won't include them.

The grand total (including travel and accommodation for shows) is just under £1000. Considering I've seen them live 6 times and bought all their CDs plus a load of other stuff I think that's really quite a bargain for 12 years of entertainment! There must be people who've spent that to see one show.

54 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

You can never spend too much on things you love ;) Considering how much we all spend on bullshit and useless stuff, I think I still didn't spend enough on Green Day although it is quite a lot over the years :lol: But the experience is priceless, so :)

I was just thinking this! I know I've spent quite a bit of money on Green Day over the years, but to be honest, I kind of wish I'd spent more when I had the chance :lol:

The RevRad tour spectacle costs me around 30 000 SEK. But that includes hotels, trains, flights, tickets.. and eating, and drinking etc. But it's 8 shows (even though Glasgow never happened). Maybe another 30k - spread over 10 years - for all previous stuff. 

Already thinking about when to start saving for the next round. It should be about 3-4 years away. :lol:

I honestly have no idea. I've been lucky enough to find most of my GD merch at thrift stores. But then when it comes to new releases, tickets, tour shirts...who knows. 

Okay, so... since 2013... 1040€, maybe. Which is about 1230 US Dollars. And that's not including all the CDs and DVDs until the Trilogy and two t-shirts.

Ah no, shit. I forgot the show in England. Make that 1300€ (1540$)

About £70 on music, £25 on a t-shirt, and £0 on the Leeds gig I went to as I got my ticket as a Christmas present (the ticket was £39.50 minus handling fees).

I dunno how I could begin to calculate it!!

There's all the studio CDs, plus bootlegs and live DVDs, and boxsets and vinyls and CD singles. Then there's the posters and t-shirts. Then the gigs and travel/accommodation for those gigs. 

It's definitely £1000 at least :tired: 

The correct answer is not nearly enough as some of the people in this forum.
I'd say-including travel costs, merch, and I guess including my parent's ticket (and also GD related stuff such as OW) , around $1000. I hope it is at least.

Not nearly as much as some but still too much. Over 2000 for sure, maybe 3.

I  don't have an exact total but with music, merch, ticket, hotel etc. It's probably several hundreds of dollars. Maybe close to $1,000 even.

I really don't want to think too much about the total amount, when there are hefty costs like shows and travel, music in various formats (vinyl ain't cheap) and various bits of merch over the years. Things like magazines and books can be deceptive too, as they soon mount up. Whatever it is, they have given me so much pleasure it has been worth it. 

For this tour 2017 only 700€ around on tickets excluding the cost of travel and hostels... and I think I have around 20 t shirts but some were gifts... and all the albums of course, and various vinyls... for the 99 revolutions tour I think I was around the 600€ too only with the tickets 

Archived