Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

TimmyChunks

New Song 'If There Was Ever a Time' - Armstrongs

54 posts in this topic

Yeah, I liked it but dislike Tim's vocals and it's almost all I can hear.

2 people like this

That was a nice little surprise. It's very catchy and I like it, though I wish Billie's part was longer because I absolutely love his voice in this one.

2 people like this

It sounds like a christmas song to me haha

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

It sounds like a christmas song to me haha

You're right, it's got a festive feel :lol: 

It is quite simple but the point is raising money for Gilman anyway, plus it's catchy. I like it! Needs moar solo Billie though obviously.

3 people like this

I have a stupid question... Who is Rey Armstrong? 

10 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I have a stupid question... Who is Rey Armstrong? 

Tim's nephew :)

I'm still genuinenly curious as to whether that's something we were supposed to know lol

1 person likes this

Personally, I'd like to see an album come out of this. I love the sound, and it's been too long since we've had a side project. (2008). Or, well I guess technically foreverly, so 2013 - 2014 ish?

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

Yeah, I liked it but dislike Tim's vocals and it's almost all I can hear.

Agreed.  I like the music and Billie's voice, but I kept trying to tune out Tim's voice to hear Billie behind him.

1 person likes this

yeah..kinda sad that you cannt hear billie's voice that clear, but i love both voices tbh ^^

would still have been better if we could hear billies voice more clearly

1 person likes this

I was more excited about hearing the song than actually hearing the song.  Must be Tim's voice when I had more expectations of Billie's.  Oh well.

1 person likes this

Yeah... this is not good.....

Out of curiosity, all those that dislike Tim's voice here: Do you like Rancid's music, or do you just not like him in this song?

Not a Rancid fan, so.... it's just an OK song for me.

2 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Out of curiosity, all those that dislike Tim's voice here: Do you like Rancid's music, or do you just not like him in this song?

Not a Rancid fan.  Nothing against them personally, I respect them for what they do and their relationship with Green Day, but just not my thing musically.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Tim's nephew :)

I'm still genuinenly curious as to whether that's something we were supposed to know lol

Probably. When I asked Corbett he just straight up told me the answer.

1 person likes this

I'm a Rancid fan. I'm a Green Day fan. I was excited about this. I'm disappointed. It's a weak effort. Not horrible, just forgettable and how many times can they sing "If there was ever a time" in under three minutes? It has to win a medal for repetitive lyrics.

Honestly I wish it was just Billie singing because even listening to Knowledge I can't stand Tim's voice at all
otherwise I like it

1 person likes this

I love both Billie's and Tim's vocals but they just don't cope well together in this particular song.

When Billie sings his verse - it's like an element from another song. No integrity, unfortunately, although a catchy nice and simple song.

I love it, to me this is totally epic! I have loved Rancid and Green Day for 22 years, and them doing music together is a dream come true!! Wish they would make an entire album and a tour! 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Liam said:

Probably. When I asked Corbett he just straight up told me the answer.

Same here, haha, wonder how many times he's had that. I just meant whether it was expected to be common knowledge. Maybe it is amongst Rancid/Tim fans, oh well.

It obviously wasn't meant to be a masterclass in songwriting. They surely had some fun playing together and it's attention drawn to a good cause. Anyway how about some Joey (and Rey) love :happyhands:

1 person likes this