Final 30 seconds of a Green Day show

JudgesDaughter16

5 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

This was me :lol::lol: And the sad part is I only catched 2 mid the air, both the same colour. FML.

I never caught much either! :lol: I can't help it even though the second time I was telling myself "don't go after the damn little papers, you're gonna regret not watching the guys". No. Catching them is a mission!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JudgesDaughter16 said:

I did that in Manchester but then quickly realised that there was so much of it all over me and on the floor that I didn't need to jump up and down like Harry Potter trying to catch a Hogwarts letter ahaha

Yeah, unfortunately it took me a bit of time to realise that as Tré and Mike were already beside Billie bowing xD

4 hours ago, Your _Enemy said:

I just think to myself: God damned another show without Horseshoes & Handgrenades!!
:(

Hahah and Dirty Rotten Bastards. Dammit.

5 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Ha! Until you realize I'm heading for the exit sign that is in the front. ;)

You gotsta turn that frown upside down.

#plottwist 

On 7/13/2017 at 5:46 AM, MMwhatsername said:

I always frown on those people who leave early because they're missing the magic, yeah, you should definitely stay :)

I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm like, you're missing out! At the same time I'm thinking yes! Now I can move up a little :P

I was so focused on catching confetti that I almost missed Tré strumming the last chord, but I looked up just in time!  The lovely stranger next to me gave me a piece of confetti because she noticed that I hadn't managed to get any. Love this fandom.

So it is at most shows, sometimes people just don't pay attention or are somehow focused elsewhere. It is such a combination of hilarious, cute, silly and heartfelt emotion from Tre in one strike HAHA.

3 hours ago, amberwhite said:

I was so focused on catching confetti that I almost missed Tré strumming the last chord, but I looked up just in time!  The lovely stranger next to me gave me a piece of confetti because she noticed that I hadn't managed to get any. Love this fandom.

Oh man, I missed that? D:

12 hours ago, amberwhite said:

I was picking up confetti when the show was over and one of the security guys on the barrier in the middle where I stood gave me a bunch of it. That was pretty sweet too! 😆

I actually caught some the last time. I had to let them drop though - to free my hands in case Tre felt like giving me a drumstick. :P (He didn't.)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that collects confetti from shows. I don't think I ever got some from a GD gig, but I have some from a Marilyn Manson gig and from the last time I saw Muse.

I always just scoop up handfuls of confetti off the floor after the crowd has dispersed a bit because there's such a fuck ton. Justin and I try to gather up as much as we can, and eventually we'll sell it off and keep more for memory's sake.

True story, we've been selling pieces of confetti from the American Idiot tours for $1/piece on ebay for the last 10 months and have made over $100 :lol:

It depends on the context. 

When a tour ends but you know there is another one coming up - example being a club tour before a album comes out - pretty much a good 75 - 80% chance you will see that band again touring the same album. Sucks that it's a few months away but you have something to hold on for.

When your leg of the tour is completely over - Europe's GD tour ended with the Madrid show  (albeit with some horrible things happening in the last two shows) and there is no tour to look forward too. For me, it sucks. This band has given me a family who I don't get to see very often, next time I'll see them is hopefully New Year. You make great memories at the shows you see, and then nothing.

When a tour is completely over. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see any more shows being announced this tour - we still have 4-5 months of tour left including the Oakland show but after that it will be radio silence for a few months/year(s) (while the boys have a well-deserved rest) We will all go back to speculating and waiting.

The first show I went to I just cried the whole way through so the final 30 seconds were probably just me sobbing, but the other 3 times have just been an overwhelming sense of 'oh my god I'm still alive', partly because anxiety means I can get very worked up about going to any kind of show (depends on the situation and I've got a lot better over the years), and partly because after a show I feel like I can do anything and the past depressed me is long gone.

5 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that collects confetti from shows. I don't think I ever got some from a GD gig, but I have some from a Marilyn Manson gig and from the last time I saw Muse.

i love collecting confetti!!

21 hours ago, Jaymee!! said:

I always just scoop up handfuls of confetti off the floor after the crowd has dispersed a bit because there's such a fuck ton. Justin and I try to gather up as much as we can, and eventually we'll sell it off and keep more for memory's sake.

True story, we've been selling pieces of confetti from the American Idiot tours for $1/piece on ebay for the last 10 months and have made over $100 :lol:

Omg that is genious actually.

On 15. 7. 2017 at 6:47 PM, Jaymee!! said:

Why have I never thought of that? :dry: Awesome idea :lol:

Thinking about the last 30 seconds of a GD show just made me think about the first seconds, or rather the seconds before the show starts at all. I'm always a nervous wreck, I think things like "What if they're not here? What if anything happened?" As soon as Bohemian Rhapsody starts, I start to relax and can enjoy it. I'm a basket case :lol:

And the first few seconds when they come on stage is one of my favourite moments, too. It's so heroic. :wub:

14 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Thinking about the last 30 seconds of a GD show just made me think about the first seconds, or rather the seconds before the show starts at all. I'm always a nervous wreck, I think things like "What if they're not here? What if anything happened?" As soon as Bohemian Rhapsody starts, I start to relax and can enjoy it. I'm a basket case :lol:

And the first few seconds when they come on stage is one of my favourite moments, too. It's so heroic. :wub:

Not gonna lie, it's "plese let it be the red shirt", then trying to scream all vocal parts in Bohemian Rhapsody at once and then pure happiness when the show starts. 

On 13.7.2017 at 0:58 AM, belinda jane said:

I just cry because I never know when I'll see them again.

I hate this feeling now... in Mannheim I had already a ticket for the Hurricane festival. The same in Luxembourg. But now, I don't know, when I will see Green Day again and that makes me really sad😢

2 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

That's the best moment, it always gets me :wub: 

I loved reading this thread, all of you describe the feelings at the end of a show so well! I did cry a little bit at the end of my last one, just because I don't know when I can see them again, but I was the happiest I've been in a long time. I feel like I somehow missed the very end when the three of them were on stage together, I don't really remember it... probably thanks to being emotional (and trying to catch confetti too :lol:).

2 hours ago, Marki. said:

That's the best moment, it always gets me :wub: 

I loved reading this thread, all of you describe the feelings at the end of a show so well! I did cry a little bit at the end of my last one, just because I don't know when I can see them again, but I was the happiest I've been in a long time. I feel like I somehow missed the very end when the three of them were on stage together, I don't really remember it... probably thanks to being emotional (and trying to catch confetti too :lol:).

I was almost :P crying at the end too. It's was such an emotional moment, with so much happiness, realizing I won't see them for a while, wishing I could have gone to more shows, confetti blowing right into my face (that's why I couldn't see them well at the end. I made sure to focus on the stage instead of the confetti, but couldn't see well anyway :lol:). I don't remember being this emotional in a very long while.

51 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I was almost :P crying at the end too. It's was such an emotional moment, with so much happiness, realizing I won't see them for a while, wishing I could have gone to more shows, confetti blowing right into my face (that's why I couldn't see them well at the end. I made sure to focus on the stage instead of the confetti, but couldn't see well anyway :lol:). I don't remember being this emotional in a very long while.

That's true, I couldn't really see them well anyway :lol: And I know, me too... I'm generally more likely to cry at happy things rather than sad things, so Green Day make me cry stupidly easily :P 

22 hours ago, Marki. said:

That's true, I couldn't really see them well anyway :lol: And I know, me too... I'm generally more likely to cry at happy things rather than sad things, so Green Day make me cry stupidly easily :P 

Yes! People always talk about it so excitedly but the moment was completely underwhelming :lol: I didn't see them the first time when I forgot about them and the next time I didn't see them either even though I tried :P

I usually don't get very emotional about anything but they are such a soft spot of mine :dry:

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes! People always talk about it so excitedly but the moment was completely underwhelming :lol: I didn't see them the first time when I forgot about them and the next time I didn't see them either even though I tried :P

I usually don't get very emotional about anything but they are such a soft spot of mine :dry:

Yes, now when I think about it I don't really remember the ending of the January show either :lol: Oh well... thank god for pictures :P

21 minutes ago, Marki. said:

Yes, now when I think about it I don't really remember the ending of the January show either :lol: Oh well... thank god for pictures :P

All I remember from January is catching confetti...oh well :P Sometimes I'm so glad other people take photos :lol:

Archived