Upcoming Foxboro Hot Tubs show?!

Liam

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Me too, but still wondering why Foxboro Hot Tubs was mentioned for him to reference them :P 

True. And I thought this guy was actually in The Living End (oops) but that makes it all the more intricate that he's some seemingly random dj(??)

I can't make replacing the Rev make sense though

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

True. And I thought this guy was actually in The Living End (oops) but that makes it all the more intricate that he's some seemingly random dj(??)

According to his profile, he's afternoon presenter on ALT1049fm in St. Louis and on iHeartRadio.

4 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I can't make replacing the Rev make sense though

You should check out TLE - they are a fantastic Aussie band. 

4 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

According to his profile, he's afternoon presenter on ALT1049fm in St. Louis and on iHeartRadio.

Yeah that's what I noticed. His profile is pretty music-centric (obviously) and with the odd celeb photo op, could it just be that he met Green Day (obviously) and wanted to show off with his FBHT knowledge in the shape of a joke? Still doesn't make sense about TLE though.

AArgh you're right the  :sherlock:  feels too appopriate these days!

@Tinkle I'll add them to my already endless list

3 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Yeah that's what I noticed. His profile is pretty music-centric (obviously) and with the odd celeb photo op, could it just be that he met Green Day (obviously) and wanted to show off with his FBHT knowledge in the shape of a joke? Still doesn't make sense about TLE though.

Or maybe he interviewed Tré and Mike for the radio station and they told him something about FBHT. :whistle

36 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

So uh, what is this?

Edit: Oh sorry, just noticed that someone already posted this in the Instagram thread. Still not sure what it means.

I'm seeing it as a joke.  From the nature of the photo, he's clearly a fan having a picture with the band rather than a new bandmate.  TLE's current tour ends on September 16th, and they only have a few Aus dates announced around the beginning of November, when GD will be prepping for/already have started the South America tour.  Most likely he met Mike and Tré and Billie wasn't there, so he wanted to make a joke about replacing him in the band.  Why he went for FBHT o don't know, but probably because it's a tiny bit more niche or believable.

16 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Yeah. The Insta post says fall tour with The Living End. Their last scheduled show in the USA is on September 16th, so is Green Day's before they head to South America: :sherlock: (look how this one has become my favourite emoji since Green Day became so mysterious these days:lol:)

uhmm seems like they could do something if they wanted to huh?

They're doing the contest winner's garage show on the 17th(19th?) and then the new york citizen festival on the 23rd. Seems a FBHT show could fit in NYC or Cali between those dates.

2 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Why he went for FBHT o don't know, but probably because it's a tiny bit more niche or believable.

Or because they were talking about FBHT for some reason :sherlock:

Just now, Hermione said:

Or because they were talking about FBHT for some reason :sherlock:

I love that emoji!

I've got to say I'm very sceptical of any supposed link to an actual FBHT show, but part of me hopes that the more sceptical I am, the more wrong I'll be :P  It's not impossible that FBHT will support TLE.  I just don't see it happening.

8 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I love that emoji!

I've got to say I'm very sceptical of any supposed link to an actual FBHT show, but part of me hopes that the more sceptical I am, the more wrong I'll be :P  It's not impossible that FBHT will support TLE.  I just don't see it happening.

It's the best :lol:

Oh yeah I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, just always seems like a positive sign for FBHT to be mentioned :D 

Sure to be a joke, since the guy is a dj on a local radio station.

6 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

Yeah. The Insta post says fall tour with The Living End. Their last scheduled show in the USA is on September 16th, so is Green Day's before they head to South America: :sherlock: (look how this one has become my favourite emoji since Green Day became so mysterious these days:lol:)

I saw the same thing but TLE made an instagram post about tour dates in the first half of October with another band. So I think their site just isn't up to date. Doesn't mean there can't be a few one off dates at the end of October though.

I'm sure this guy being the new singer is a joke but the TLE part seems too randomly specific to not mean something. 

6 hours ago, Mato said:

The Living End and FBHT tour, now THAT would be awesome!

If it happened downunder:cool:

4 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I saw the same thing but TLE made an instagram post about tour dates in the first half of October with another band. So I think their site just isn't up to date. Doesn't mean there can't be a few one off dates at the end of October though.

I'm sure this guy being the new singer is a joke but the TLE part seems too randomly specific to not mean something. 

It's actually the lead singer of TLE, Chris Cheney, doing an Australian tour as part of a sort of supergroup I think, so I can't imagine The Living End could possibly do a tour without him.  So that leaves one week at the end of October where either FBHT would have to travel to Australia (when they should be preparing for South America), or TLE will have to travel from Australia to the US.  Unless they do some shows in Brazil, which I imagine would be absolutely mental but sadly also very unlikely.

Archived