Upcoming Foxboro Hot Tubs show?!

Liam

I still think they'll do a show but I don't think it will be Gilman. There are a few other places around Oakland where they've played.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small warm up before the August 5th Oakland show perhaps, guess that's already been suggested?

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I still think they'll do a show but I don't think it will be Gilman. There are a few other places around Oakland where they've played.

I agree, one of the main points of playing FBHT shows is so they can play a small show without as much attention as GD get (and it's very effective because all but the biggest GD fans don't know what FBHT is, I think they're probably better known in the US but when they played here the place was nowhere near full even though Billie invited the whole crowd to it at the GD show the same night simply because most people didn't know what he was on about). I guess they've played more unlikely places like festivals since then so they could do things differently but playing Gilman would give it a "Green Day playing Gilman" angle that seems counterintuitive to keeping things more low key.

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

I agree, one of the main points of playing FBHT shows is so they can play a small show without as much attention as GD get (and it's very effective because all but the biggest GD fans don't know what FBHT is, I think they're probably better known in the US but when they played here the place was nowhere near full even though Billie invited the whole crowd to it at the GD show the same night simply because most people didn't know what he was on about). I guess they've played more unlikely places like festivals since then so they could do things differently but playing Gilman would give it a "Green Day playing Gilman" angle that seems counterintuitive to keeping things more low key.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I'm really hoping something pops up next weekend, considering the tour is starting the 1st, I think it's the last weekend before that starts... Though... I bet they have some prepwork and traveling before they start, so even that might be a stretch...

I saw Prima Donna tweet  yesterday, "Good Morning Oakland." I don't see where they're having a show in Oakland. This sounds interesting and promising. 

I saw Foxboro Hot Tubs very first show which was at the Stork Club (if I remember the name right) which is a small club in Oakland. Having another show at a small club like that sounds plausible. 

5 hours ago, Mozzabillie said:

I saw Prima Donna tweet  yesterday, "Good Morning Oakland." I don't see where they're having a show in Oakland. This sounds interesting and promising. 

I saw Foxboro Hot Tubs very first show which was at the Stork Club (if I remember the name right) which is a small club in Oakland. Having another show at a small club like that sounds plausible. 

But Billie Joe's in Newport with his family =( probably Prima Donna 're in Oakland to work at their new album

Why do I get the feeling he came home all fired up from the tour and said "Who wants a hot tubs show?" and Adrienne said "No! We're going to the beach!" 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Why do I get the feeling he came home all fired up from the tour and said "Who wants a hot tubs show?" and Adrienne said "No! We're going to the beach!" 😂😂😂

"Enough with your one million music projects, time to be a #superdad :fuckyou:"

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

"Enough with your one million music projects, time to be a #superdad :fuckyou:"

And start inflating that flamingo.....:lol:

So it's Saturday and tour resumes Tuesday. Chances of a secret show are dwindling-- still think something might happen in the next 72 hours?

It's "What's next? I got you on my mind, England..." *nothing for 18 months* all over again :P 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So it's Saturday and tour resumes Tuesday. Chances of a secret show are dwindling-- still think something might happen in the next 72 hours?

The Rev is waiting for me to go out to Oakland next week.  Then there can be a show.  

I think it's official: he was about to announce a secret show but accidentally pushed a wrong button, discovered streaming and forgot about the show. 

Hmm, it's getting a little late for a secret show. But maybe they'll still get around to doing a spur of the moment show in some little bar somewhere in America. That's pretty possible, if they're still feeling like doing the Tubbies thing.

54 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I think it's official: he was about to announce a secret show but accidentally pushed a wrong button, discovered streaming and forgot about the show. 

:lol: Why do I believe that? "Okay, time to plan a hot tubs show...ooohh something shiny!" 😂

I can't believe you changed your name @LaughingClock. But I like it. Can't get Brain Stew out of my head now :D

Sorry for going off topic:blush:

33 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

I can't believe you changed your name @LaughingClock. But I like it. Can't get Brain Stew out of my head now :D

Sorry for going off topic:blush:

Should have been LaughingCrock :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So uh, what is this?

Edit: Oh sorry, just noticed that someone already posted this in the Instagram thread. Still not sure what it means.

2 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I honestly just read it as a joke? #naive :mellow:

I almost do too. But what if...

What if they are up to something more than just a show. 

8 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I honestly just read it as a joke? #naive :mellow:

Me too, but still wondering why Foxboro Hot Tubs was mentioned for him to reference them :P 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I almost do too. But what if...

What if they are up to something more than just a show. 

Yeah. The Insta post says fall tour with The Living End. Their last scheduled show in the USA is on September 16th, so is Green Day's before they head to South America: :sherlock: (look how this one has become my favourite emoji since Green Day became so mysterious these days:lol:)

Archived