Upcoming Foxboro Hot Tubs show?!

Liam

59 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I read this as him being ready to fire up FBHT again, not necessarily talking about a specific show. But I guess that's just me. :lol:

Nah, not just you. I also don't think it'll be anywhere but in California, but I admire everyone's optimism. :P 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was speculating that with three weeks off he was going to go bored out of his mind. Considering how the tour just ended and the fact that they want to stay pumped for the US leg, I'd say we can take this as a near certainty they are going to do this. He didn't just say who's up for a FHT show, he said "I am!" When the Rev says go that's all you need. 

17 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Nah, not just you. I also don't think it'll be anywhere but in California, but I admire everyone's optimism. :P 

NYC still has a good chance since they all have places there right? And didn't Billie even mention moving there now that both kids are graduated?

Tubs are amazing but Billie Billie Billie gimme The Network 

Just some wild speculation here....

The second half of the US tour fires back up on the 1st of August. I think this 21 day block before then, is the best bet they'd play some shows.

That also means possible venues they are to play at need to not have shows booked on dates they'd play from now till then.

Anyone think it's possible the show would be at Gilman? Gilman's Calendar is pretty empty the weekends after this weekend in July.

1234 Go is pretty booked it looks...

Follow Up, what other venues do people think is possible? What venues have the tubbies played?

I hope its a show that I will be able to go to .

2 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I read this as him being ready to fire up FBHT again, not necessarily talking about a specific show. But I guess that's just me. :lol:

Nooooo. 

25 minutes ago, James11693 said:

My gut's telling me it'll be in NYC

If it's in NYC count me out, I need it to be in Oakland or SF

For whatever it's worth, I'm almost positive that Billie's son Jakob is starting college (art school) in NYC in August. 

39 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

For whatever it's worth, I'm almost positive that Billie's son Jakob is starting college (art school) in NYC in August. 

That's great to hear, hope he does well. :)

Not to rain on anyone's parade too much, but I find NYC a stretch because the second leg of the north american tour is starting on the west coast.

Logistically it seems like it would be more efficient to stay on the west coast

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

Yeah, and the tour starts in Washington on Aug. 1. 

Well, I know one thing, it won't be in Scotland and I just spent a huge amount of money on a family holiday to celebrate my son graduating so I just need you lucky devils who get to go to give us lots and lots of details after the event.  

Or is it another Tubbies album?

Yes please whoever benefits from this news we need pics, vids and details! 

This would be the worst timing possible for me, as I will be 8/9 months pregnant if they do this soon...but I doubt it would be anywhere near Cleveland anyway so probably don't need to worry. Still, a girl can dream 😋

7 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

You are correct, which is part of the reason why I think NY has a real shot here. It's going to be either Bay area or near NYC if they want to squeeze it in during college move-in when they're in the northeast in late August. Ideally it would be both, although if I had to bet real money I'd go with the Bay for one/ two shows in the near term and hedge against them playing Tubbies shows during the GD tour...that seems like too much at once.

Ooo, I didn't know Jakob was going to be attending school in NYC...
Either way, I think we can all agree we can expect this to be "soon" (although knowing these guys, who knows what soon really means)

I assumed it would be during this break or why mention it now? How awesome would it be if they opened before Catfish and the Bottlemen on every show this summer? I'll take a 30 minute set I'm not picky, though I know a small club has to be much more fun.

Archived