radio mixes / edits and other alternate mixes

nopride84

I haven't seen these on the forum so I'm gonna post them. i will add the walking contradiction and prosthetic head and redundant  mixes and others  later tonight if people want them. 

Kill the dj 
[link removed]

Last of the American girls
[link removed]

DUDE I never knew that this Last of the American Girls radio edit existed. Entirely different mix! I knew of the Kill the DJ edit because @Travis. had a copy of Uno censored where the whole album was like that. 

22 minutes ago, Eric said:

Fan made stuff is just sooooo hard to listen to lol

These aren't fan made..? They're official.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Fan made stuff is just sooooo hard to listen to lol

These are def not fan made I got them of off promo cds

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

DUDE I never knew that this Last of the American Girls radio edit existed. Entirely different mix! I knew of the Kill the DJ edit because @Travis. had a copy of Uno censored where the whole album was like that. 

These aren't fan made..? They're official.

Is the whole album have different words or just kill the dj

My bad, i thought this was like fans who make their own cuts and they sound horrible. Well maybe I will check them out

There are two versions of "Kill the DJ":

• Clean Version from UNO clean - The curse words are removed.
  • Radio Edit from the CD single - The curse words are replaced with different words. "Shoot the fucking DJ" becomes "Someone shoot the DJ". "Shoot the fucker down" becomes "Shoot the DJ down". And so on...

I have both but since it's copyright material, I don't want to upload.

The other alternative or edited mixes I know about that the OP hasn't already mentioned:

• "21st Century Breakdown" - The song just starts with the two snare hits after the acoustic intro and drum build. Also, the bridge into "We are the class of 13" bit is cut in half.
  • "21 Guns" - The intro is cut and just starts with the acoustic and vocals. The solo is cut in half. The part after the solo is cut to remove the solo acoustic and starts with vocals and acoustic.
  • "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - The tremolo intro is cut in half, the pre-chorus is cut in half, and the outro is cut by a lot and makes just one pass through the riff.
  • "Jesus of Suburbia" - The song is cut by about 3 minutes with each section of the song being a lot shorter, usually cutting out the second verse if the part has one.

East Jesus nowhere is edited in the intro and after the kinda solo and wake me up is shortend too 

These are the ones I have. I don't know all of the differences for most of them

Longview (Clean)
Longview (Very Clean)
Geek Stink Breath (Radio Edit)
Geek Stink Breath (Version #2)
Brain Stew (Radio Edit)
Brain Stew/Jaded (Radio Edit)
Walking Contradiction (Radio Edit #2)
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) [Radio Edit]
Minority (Radio Edit)
Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Pop Edit)
Holiday (Radio Edit)
Wake Me Up When September Ends (Radio Edit)
Jesus of Suburbia (Radio Edit)
Working Class Hero (Radio Edit)
Working Class Hero (Amended Version)
21 Guns (Radio Edit)
East Jesus Nowhere (Radio Edit)
21st Century Breakdown (Radio Edit)
Last of the American Girls (Radio Edit)
Oh Love (Radio Edit)
Kill the DJ (Radio Edit)

Actually, there is a third version of 21stCB which starts with the ending of the acoustic intro and the drums. I have that as an mp3, don't remember where I got it (CD Promo, Radio promo, Bonus track, etc). Also, there is a radio edit for The Saints are coming (2:34) and there is a WMUWSE extended version which contains the dialogues from the videoclip (That was part of a radio promo I think, don't remember the name). Also, I remember there is an alternate or Mix #2 for American Idiot, I listened an instrumental version of it from the Official instrumentals post. The original version for Maria was printed not just in vynils but also a few CDs (Long story about it). Finally, there is an early version of Hold On which the armonica has a slight difference to the final version on Warning.

By the way, I also have Walking Contradiction Radio Edit#2 (Which sounds the same as the videoclip version) but I suppose there is a Radio Edit #1 (Not sure if it is the same as Radio Version on WC Green CD Promo)

My favorite edit is Waking Contradiction Radio Edit mix. Sounds like the song was on Nimrod

Yeah the Walking Contradiction is one with an entirely different mix too. You can hear it on the youtube version.

Woah, the harmonica on that Hold On remix sounds so wrong :lol: 

17 hours ago, Todd said:

Longview (Clean)
Longview (Very Clean)

love that

I just listened to the regular hold on after having  the alternate  one one on my phone for awhile and I was like wtf this is how it goes? It sounds wrong now. I  like the alternate better.

I really like the walking contradiction mix too. And the prosthetic head mix better than the lp version.

21 hours ago, Todd said:

Geek Stink Breath (Version #2)

what's different about this version? I've never heard it

also, I never noticed there was a different mix for the walking contradiction video! I like how the snare sounds but that's it, bass sounds muddy and the guitars sound weak :(

Archived