Songs about Amanda

GreenDayTheory

Do you guys know any songs that has reference to Amanda?? I would say !Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) It has references to going to Salvation Army which she did and Amanda ofcource

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a second I was wondering if this was about our @Amanda. She is a very fascinating person too, maybe I write a song about her. :)

19 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

For a second I was wondering if this was about our @Amanda. She is a very fascinating person too, maybe I write a song about her. :)

Oh LOL

Sorry Amanda :) 

Edit:I actually need to go back to Welcome to Paradise forum to know some persons i don't know

30 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

It's sure to be a worldwide hit :happy:

30 minutes ago, GreenDayTheory said:

Oh LOL

Sorry Amanda :) 

Edit:I actually need to go back to Welcome to Paradise forum to know some persons i don't know

You won't find me in there, I'm older than the dinosaurs.

I just realised you were born the year I became admin here... oh my gawd.

Amanda, She, Sassafras Roots, Stuart And The Ave, Good Riddance, She's A Rebel, Extraordinary Girl and Whatsername are all about Amanda.

And I believe Armatage Shanks is about the way Billie felt after she broke up with him.

8 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Amanda, She, Sassafras Roots, Stuart And The Ave, Good Riddance, She's A Rebel, Extraordinary Girl and Whatsername are all about Amanda.

And I believe Armatage Shanks is about the way Billie felt after she broke up with him.

You can jot "Good Riddance" down as one of the post-break-up-feels songs, too :D And Stuart and the Ave. is about the disillusionment, I think?

Is When I Come Around about her? There was a longstanding myth that it was about Adrienne (I think because we all thought BJA said so himself) but then in a recent interview he said it's not about Adrienne so everyone was confused and going "Oh Billie" lol.

Doesn't Fuck Time reference her name as well? Amanda Jones?

16 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

All I want to know is who is Blood Sex and Booze about. :toocool:

I was on my period, things got messy. It happens.

Sorry, GreenDayTheory, for the TMI. Stick around this place for an education par excellence.

36 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Love all of songs for Amanda from Billie. Best Bittersweet about first love song!:wub:

10 minutes ago, Amanda said:

I was on my period, things got messy. It happens.

Hide contents

Sorry, GreenDayTheory, for the TMI. Stick around this place for an education par excellence.

That's Red Tide. 

Plot twist there is no Amanda 

Billie is really singing about his love for the great Eric Estrada 

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

All I want to know is who Blood Sex and Booze is about. :toocool:

We know this, it's about a dominatrix Tre had visit the studio one time.

That isn't a joke, just to be clear lol.

23 minutes ago, Heather. said:

:o

4 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Chump too apparently, when he mentioned her being "on" She and Sassafras Roots he listed Chump with them. Although I guess they're not all necessarily "about" her or even about the type of person she was/relationship they had, some were inspired by her in more obscure ways (eg She was a response to a poem she'd [edit] showed him).

I thought She was in response to a poem Amanda showed him, not one she'd written herself.

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

All I want to know is who Blood Sex and Booze is about. :toocool:

2 hours ago, Heather. said:

Not really though, the song was already written and the dominatrix was just brought in to add authentic sound effects to the intro :P. They filmed it too, from around 5:30 if you haven't seen it

The only thing that's kind of annoying about that is it meant no one ever asked them about the song in interviews because they always just asked about the dominatrix story instead. Apart from when they were on Howard Stern and he asked Billie about writing it and he literally just said he was sitting at home and wrote it lol.

10 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

I thought She was in response to a poem Amanda showed him, not one she'd written herself.

Oh yeah you're right, I misspoke 

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Chump too apparently, when he mentioned her being "on" She and Sassafras Roots he listed Chump with them. Although I guess they're not all necessarily "about" her or even about the type of person she was/relationship they had, some were inspired by her in more obscure ways (eg She was a response to a poem she'd [edit] showed him).

I thought Chump about Billie being jealous or revenge to Amanda..

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Not really though, the song was already written and the dominatrix was just brought in to add authentic sound effects to the intro :P. They filmed it too, from around 5:30 if you haven't seen it

I love that whole mini documentary.

Also, Mistress Simone is hot.

6 hours ago, Heather. said:

Is When I Come Around about her? There was a longstanding myth that it was about Adrienne (I think because we all thought BJA said so himself) but then in a recent interview he said it's not about Adrienne so everyone was confused and going "Oh Billie" lol.

It's about 90's Relationships i think....

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Sassafrass Roots is just a waste of time :) and Chump i don't know why?

6 hours ago, Amanda said:

You won't find me in there, I'm older than the dinosaurs.

Hide contents

I just realised you were born the year I became admin here... oh my gawd.

Damn i'm so young to be here! Wish i was born older....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Adrienne has to be a very strong and secure woman for Billie to write so many songs about a women he was dating when they had a long-distance relationship and weren't exclusive yet. I don't care what anyone says, that would make a lot of women nuts no matter how secure you are in your relationship.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Adrienne has to be a very strong and secure woman for Billie to write so many songs about a women he was dating when they had a long-distance relationship and weren't exclusive yet. I don't care what anyone says, that would make a lot of women nuts no matter how secure you are in your relationship.

Billie told Howard Stern (when he also explained that WICA isn't about Adrienne) that he didn't begin a relationship with Adrienne until she moved to California. He described them as sort of penpals. There is a Spin magazine article in which Billie explains that he was suicidal after his split with Amanda (she dumped him) and it inspired Armitage Shanks. This happened, according to Billie, right before Dookie came out in 1994. If he felt suicidal during/following the split he obviously loved Amanda, she wasn't just some girl he was dating. Just saying.

edit. Found the quote

Though Armstrong's melodies are as bubblicious as ever, and Insomniac  sounds even leaner than it's predecessor, the growing pains of the past couple of years are felt throughout. Take "Armitage Shanks" for example, the opening track on Insomniac. "When I wrote that song", says Armstrong, "It was right before Dookie came out and I was really at odds with myself. I was like man do I really want to do this? A lot of time I was thinking about suicide, how it's so easy to kill yourself, but it's so hard to stay alive. I was in a break-up with my then girlfriend, a total, raving punk rocker who didn't approve of me being on a major label. She moved down to Ecuador saying she couldn't live in a world with McDonald's and such. It was fucking me up pretty bad."

38 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie told Howard Stern (when he also explained that WICA isn't about Adrienne) that he didn't begin a relationship with Adrienne until she moved to California. He described them as sort of penpals. There is a Spin magazine article in which Billie explains that he was suicidal after his split with Amanda (she dumped him) and it inspired Armitage Shanks. This happened, according to Billie, right before Dookie came out in 1994. If he felt suicidal during/following the split he obviously loved Amanda, she wasn't just some girl he was dating. Just saying.

Oh I absolutely know that he loved Amanda and she was very important to him, that's obvious. All the more reason that Adrienne is very cool not to not hold it against him that he has as many songs about Amanda as he does her. 😂

Seriously though, the timeline of these relationships confuses me greatly. If you watch the VH1 special about Billie, it makes it sound like Billie talked Adrienne into moving to California on the promise he would marry her. So they had to be more than pen pals when she moved there. Obviously when he was in the intense relationship with Amanda he wasn't with Adrienne, but there is not a great deal of time between him being almost suicidal over Amanda and marrying Adrienne. As I said, it's confusing.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

Oh I absolutely know that he loved Amanda and she was very important to him, that's obvious. All the more reason that Adrienne is very cool not to not hold it against him that he has as many songs about Amanda as he does her. 😂

Seriously though, the timeline of these relationships confuses me greatly. If you watch the VH1 special about Billie, it makes it sound like Billie talked Adrienne into moving to California on the promise he would marry her. So they had to be more than pen pals when she moved there. Obviously when he was in the intense relationship with Amanda he wasn't with Adrienne, but there is not a great deal of time between him being almost suicidal over Amanda and marrying Adrienne. As I said, it's confusing.

I think that Amanda is Billie's first love, it is very difficult and heartbreaking to get  it go of that, I wonder how long were Billie and Amanda were together? that make him sooo suicidal

Archived