Second favourite son

2017/11/12 - Estadio Bicentenario de la Florida, Santiago, Chile

Gig & stuck with me was planned - this is joy.:)

Well I was there, too. I know the guy who sang in Know your enemy. He is Javier Caamaño, he is the founder and president in a chilean GD fan club called "Idiots Chilenos". He is a great guy, also he manages "Green Day Chile" (Another fan club). He organized a proposal for Green Day to play Redundant at this show, however it doesn't work. I'm so fucking glad he got the honor to be on stage with Billie, He really deserved it!!

About the show, the setlist was kind of the same from 2010 in terms of Old School songs (NGFL, Stuck With Me, Geek stink breath, 2000 LYA, not in this order specifically). I felt dissapointed (I love those songs, but I wanted to listen to others like Scattered or J.A.R.) but after Hitchin' a ride, The band played Waiting (That was the song I most wanted to listen to), and Knowledge. And it was such a beautiful mix Good Riddance plus some parts of 80 at the end of the show.

It was such a beautiful "Green" Day, I met many people who I had the chance to meet previous times and others who I just met on facebook (Considering that I had to travel 700 km to attend at this show), it was EPIC!!

See ya!!

• Like 3

Best setlist this tour so far (though the other one in São Paulo and the two second nights in Oceania where pretty cool as well)!

How its possible not to love them? :wub:

Video time, let's go.
Note: I see none of Geek or Stuck With Me that have been uploaded yet.
Will keep an eye out.
I listened to about 5 seconds of two of the videos listed below and as I am in class, I take no responsibility on any unpleasant sound quality (but please let one know/mention it in the thread!)

Intro/KYE:

Holiday: 

BOBD: 

BOBD/ Longview:

Waiting:

Minority: 

AI:

Ok, that was serious fun. I love Chile and it’s pwiple so much and the show for me was as much fun as a human should be allowed to have.

Full review once I’m fully settled back in.

Also got some Rudimental love.

Oh Green Day, how the world loves thee.

• Like 3

Full Show!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is probably the best set they've done on this tour.  At first glance I thought they had included a song from every album during this show, and I couldn't figure out why there were only 9 albums represented.  The Trilogy!  It's been totally redacted and it stinks for those of us who loved it.  But still, what a crazy amazing set!  This is exactly what they need to be doing with a Hits album coming out -  22 freaking singles and some dearly beloved album cuts!   

To absolutely perfect this set, I'd....

replace Knowledge with Dry Ice. 

Have Youngblood be an audible, or just Too Dumb to Die.

For covers:  The Saints are Coming and Hey Jude in full.  

and if they are having a particularly good crowd and the energy is right, add Wake Me Up When September Ends and X-Kid.   But that would only be 31 songs.   But through in some more for good measure and a well rounded 35.  

Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Oh Love and JAR.    

I'm thinking that after this tour, they will tour supporting GFB. But also sets will be shorter. They can barely play the encore at this stage :lol:

On 13.11.2017 at 6:13 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Full Show!!

But not pro shot ... :( 

it's so long since the last time i was here but i wanted to see if there was something from Sunday.
The concert was perfect for me. I'm still just so damn happy about it. You'll see, when they came in 2010 was defenitely the best day of my life, the day i was waiting for so long, seeing them live for very first time and my first ever concert. Everything was a surprise, every song, just seeing them, hearing them. i had the best time
but now was something different. I enjoyed myself so much all the time, well, since The Interrupters, they were an amazing opening act. I feel in love with them completely, they show was incredible even if quite short. But people really enjoyed them even if they were hearing them for the very first time.

now, about Green Day, this time i fully enjoyed everything. I wasn't in complete shock like last time. I sang and shot every song, i jumped more than ever before in my life, i couldn't stop smiling. I'm kinda short so i couldn't see them all the time since i wasn't on the first rows but i saw them a lot, and the best, i saw them all so happy, enjoying themself as much as we were. Some people said that when the played the old school song, people around them didn't really sang that much, but where i was wasn't the case. Everybody sang every line, jump to every song. I myself was surprise about it. 
this time i felt more closer to them than 2010 and oh yes, Billie is right, we are fucking loud and that's incredible.
A part of me is a bit sad that they didn't play armatage shanks or FOD like the rest of the shows, because are song i've never seen live before, and they played both stuck with me and GSB on 2010 so wasn't much of a change. Still, Stuck with me is one of my all time favorite song so that was exciting, i cried a little, especially after hearing they hadn't played it in the others countries (i'd been avoiding spoilers so i didn't know anything about the setlist). not much with GSB since i don't really like it, but well, was just that. But i lost it in Waiting. We didn't have had that before and i'd been waiting (hehe) for it since 2010, and i got so excited i cried much more. it was beauiful.
On the other hand, i knew they had been playing still breathing instead of 21 guns, which was great since the first one means so much to me. But then hearing 21 guns in acustic was refreshing, sounded so beautiful and hearing everyone sing along made it better. and THEN omg, Good Riddance was perfect enough when suddently Billie sings a line of 80, i was shocked. I couldn't believe it. Was of course last notice and he didn't even sing in the correct order but i was so grateful. I still can't get over it. Was the perfect ending.

This could look like much but you gotta understand, Green Day doesn't comes here often, last time was 7 years ago. And this experience was much much greater than last time. It's tuesday and my body still hurts, my face is a little burn but all was worth it. I'm not even sad that its over, i'm still just really happy it happened.
Hope next time won't take so long. Evern 4 or 5 years is good enough to me.

(sorry if i mispelled something. hope you get the idea)

• Like 2
  • Love 2