Revolution Radio music video launches today

Wamasa

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay the video was kinda cool but a bit underwhelming tbh, I could have just waited until tomorrow morning to see it lmao 

They could put a public in the new scene a contrast of the years, but nice video better than bang bang

Okay, that was actually cool! They finally had Gilman in a video!

Given up all hope of a real music video any time soon though :lol:

not what I was expecting, but it was pretty cute and I liked it :)

HOLYCRAP that was awesome!!! It seems like looking back on all the old footage for their documentaries has given them some serious nostalgia!! so good!!! :runaround:

AWWW GILMAN!!!

Okay, I love seeing the shots from the past, and I love how we get to see the inside of it (seeing 'Sweet Children' written on a beam made my heart melt) , but we waited 6 months for this and it's just... footage.
Slightly underwhelming, but it does pull at ones heartstrings.

Well, I knew it was going to be a very simplistic video...

The video kept lagging a bit but I do have to say, I actually loved it?

Like I loved how they filmed in Gilman Street, how they incorporated Green Day from nearly 30 years ago to the Green Day now. How they're actually not higher than the video quality either haha. 

But yeah. 

I loved it!!!!
It was simple but it was so sweet. I loved the flashbacks and then seeing them playing at Gilman like they were channeling their young selves.
It made my heart so full.

3 minutes ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

How they're actually not higher than the video quality

Thanks for my new favorite comment :P

Just now, Jesus of Seneca said:

Thanks for my new favorite comment :P

Oh you're welcome! :P 

What just happened? :lol:

I can't believe Jane was right, the thought hadn't crossed my mind AT ALL, but have to say I dig it. A little underwhelming content wise but such a nice idea and the boys looking fine :wub:

I loved it! Green Day playing at Gilman plus the early days footage! Awesome, I cried. :runaround::dance:

That was a fun little throwback!!  It goes with the Spotify series and the new documentary coming out, so I like that aspect.  I was kind of hoping at some point that they would performing in front of a crowd to make it feel even more like Gilman.  My hope was to have a video that reflects the current state of affairs in the world, even if that had been done with the Troubled Times lyric video.  They could've expanded off of that lyric video, because there is plenty of new material within the last five months to incorporate.  As of others have stated, a bit underwhelming after hearing about Billie having the music video for a few months, but on the other hand a nice nostalgia trip for a band that doesn't like to do so very often.  

Just now, ollhjr said:

That was a fun little throwback!!  It goes with the Spotify series and the new documentary coming out, so I like that aspect.  I was kind of hoping at some point that they would performing in front of a crowd to make it feel even more like Gilman. 

That would've been a cool competition for IN to run.
"Win the chance to be in Green Day's new music video".

3 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

That would've been a cool competition for IN to run.
"Win the chance to be in Green Day's new music video".

That would've been cool!!  It would have just been a matter of keeping fans who were there quiet about being in the video.  Like I said, I kept waiting for a rush of people to come in with so many crowd shots throughout the video.  

Loved it. I love that they added the early days footage.  Great to have been a part of the early days of Green Day and Gilman St.  A fan for over 25 years. 

Just now, ollhjr said:

That would've been cool!!  It would have just been a matter of keeping fans who were there quiet about being in the video.  Like I said, I kept waiting for a rush of people to come in with so many crowd shots throughout the video.  

They could've just announced it the day of and been like; "YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE AREA AND BE ABLE TO ATTEND AT (whatever time)"
I definitely think that could've worked.

Archived