Revolution Radio music video launches today

Wamasa

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

That would mean he's better at eyeliner than I am. Unacceptable. :lol: You're right though. He might as well done that...

Still, a video from Gilman, how cool that would be. If I were in charge, they'd have one. I'd make Green Day great again!

He's been putting on eyeliner for longer than you probably have, so I don't think it's all that unlikely :P They should definitely get on that though, OH... MAYBE FOR OUTLAWS, IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE SONG

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A video shot at Gilman would be really great!! It'd be a bit similar to Bang Bang though, wouldn't it? If they were gonna film at Gilman wouldn't they just have done it for that video?

I'm just assuming that the video will make sense in the context of E3. It does seem a bit of a random place for a music video debut.

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

He's been putting on eyeliner for longer than you probably have, so I don't think it's all that unlikely :P They should definitely get on that though, OH... MAYBE FOR OUTLAWS, IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE SONG

It's not that hard to be better than me, I have the shakiest pair of hands ever. :P YEAH, WE'D MAKE A GOOD TEAM

3 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

A video shot at Gilman would be really great!! It'd be a bit similar to Bang Bang though, wouldn't it? If they were gonna film at Gilman wouldn't they just have done it for that video?

I'm just assuming that the video will make sense in the context of E3. It does seem a bit of a random place for a music video debut.

True. 

It's GD though so it's bound to be pretty random. It should make sense but there's no guarantee it ever will.

Ok strange thing, and this might not be at all related, but on youtube now for me it says Youtube/E3. Says to watch all the best E3 content on  Youtube.  Is this new or has it been there and I'm just now noticing?

3 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

Ok strange thing, and this might not be at all related, but on youtube now for me it says Youtube/E3. Says to watch all the best E3 content on  Youtube.  Is this new or has it been there and I'm just now noticing?

Just saw that! Maybe it's just for this conference thing? Does this mean we can watch it on YT?

4 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

I've seen it livestream in my twitter sidebar too. They probably livestream it on multiple channels to prevent the site from being overloaded? :) I'm guessing it's the same stream

So I clicked on the E3 on the top left on Youtube and it takes me to Youtube live at E3! :)

52 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

If you wanna compare videos from the trilogy for a moment though, they were all pretty bad in my opinion and the only good music video was the animated fan-made one for Nuclear Family :D Depending on how much work they put into it, an animated video could turn out pretty great!

Depends on the videos: I hate Oh Love and Kill the DJ, but I really love the ones with studio/live footage. I know, it's debatable if they can count as real videos, but I do due to their awesomeness :lol:

I agree on Gilman: seems like a coincidence, but nevertheless, it would be epic as fuck! 

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

It's about fucking time! :D

& what fucking time is it happening from now?

2 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

& what fucking time is it happening from now?

At 5 am for me, so that's 5,5 hours from now.

Same for me, you're in the CEST time zone too, I gather? 

36 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

So I clicked on the E3 on the top left on Youtube and it takes me to Youtube live at E3! :)

Wait what, where are you seeing this? Youtube home page?

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

Wait what, where are you seeing this? Youtube home page?

Yes, on the top left where it normally says youtube it now says youtube/e3.  I'm on my desktop computer if that makes a difference. 

I have two thoughts:

1. It sure as hell better not be concert footage/ recording footage and be an actual music video - wasn't particularly impressed with Bang Bang

2. What timezone does it release at 8?

8 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

Yes, on the top left where it normally says youtube it now says youtube/e3.  I'm on my desktop computer if that makes a difference. 

Ah, thanks! Seems like a regional thing, found it with my vpn on ;) There's something else on there than at the Twitch link posted above so I'm a little confused but I trust we'll get more info closer to the time.

@Jesus of Seneca Idk about american time zones but it's exactly 5hr10min from now

46 minutes ago, thundercatmary said:

E3 is a huge event about technology and gaming taking place for a week every year. It is so huge that it needs to be streaming on many social platforms like Youtube. It's like the time of the year where gamers (including me) go crazy to get the latest announcements from the gaming industry (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft).

But having a Green Day's video released at E3?! It's kind of very weird. I don't think the video has some kind of link to video games, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, because E3 is so a huge event, Green Day will get a lot of exposure for the video. I think they are using E3 for promotion only.

30 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Same for me, you're in the CEST time zone too, I gather? 

Yeah, Czech Republic to be precise. :lol: (this has to be the one time in a hundred when I didn't mess up counting timezones)

12 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Ah, thanks! Seems like a regional thing, found it with my vpn on ;) There's something else on there than at the Twitch link posted above so I'm a little confused but I trust we'll get more info closer to the time.

@Jesus of Seneca Idk about american time zones but it's exactly 5hr10min from now

Thanks. So I guess it's at 11:00pm for those of us on the east coast, usa

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:
  Hide contents

You mean this one?

You're right, that was two days after he announced it, but the Lookouting at Gilman was exactly at that time, and I think he wears eyeliner a lot when he's at events :D 

I hope the new video?..Feature this Billie but I don't see his eyeliner?..

49 minutes ago, Matt. said:

The video was directed by Green Day and shot by Greg Schneider (band photographer) and Chris Dugan (band engineer).

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Green-Days-Revolution-Radio-Video-World-Premieres-On-Twitch-During-E3-Live-Show-20170612

"The Twitch community is passionate about a lot of emerging content beyond gaming, with music being one of the areas they've rallied around," said Mary Kish, Senior Producer at Twitch Studios. "Because our community thrives off the shared viewing experience, being able to live stream world premiere videos, including Green Day's "Revolution Radio," is going to add an engaging twist to the event."

I guess that pretty much explains it

ok, so this E3 has been disappointing. Ubisoft took Assassin's Creed 4 out of beta, big whoop. The BGAE2 cin had a Willem scream and way too many fucks, I hate that tryhard piece of shit already. Skyrim is turning 6 years and is getting released on a nintendo machine, great, the only 3rd party game on Switch is a game everyone has played to death already. Fucking move on, Bethesta. The Crew 2? Finally another game I can find radio towers in. No wait, Far Cry 5 will have that as well alongside with the over-the-top edgy antagonist. 

South Park got a release date, guess what came with it? pre-order bonuses. Yay. It didn't even say what the fuck it was, just that it involved that towel that talks. Whacky, right?!?! A TALKING TOWEL! HAHA! Jesus christ, my blood pressure can't take this bloated 70 hour advertisement every year.

Can't wait to see how the twitch chat reacts to Green Day, though. I'd watch it if it didn't make me wanna slit my wrists. 

Just now, Jenn. said:

"The Twitch community is passionate about a lot of emerging content beyond gaming, with music being one of the areas they've rallied around," said Mary Kish, Senior Producer at Twitch Studios. "Because our community thrives off the shared viewing experience, being able to live stream world premiere videos, including Green Day's "Revolution Radio," is going to add an engaging twist to the event."

I guess that pretty much explains it

twitch chat doesn't listen to music with lyrics, silly 

25 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

E3 is a huge event about technology and gaming taking place for a week every year. It is so huge that it needs to be streaming on many social platforms like Youtube. It's like the time of the year where gamers (including me) go crazy to get the latest announcements from the gaming industry (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft).

But having a Green Day's video released at E3?! It's kind of very weird. I don't think the video has some kind of link to video games, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, because E3 is so a huge event, Green Day will get a lot of exposure for the video. I think they are using E3 for promotion only.

Ok thanks that's very interesting, I hadn't heard of this before but then the only gaming I do is Warcraft. :)

3 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

Ubisoft took Assassin's Creed 4 out of beta, big whoop

Wait, that game came out like 4 years ago.. do you mean Origins?

Archived