Revolution Radio music video launches today

Wamasa

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

I imagine the band will tweet a link closer to the time, but I reckon it'll be this channel that shows it.

Thank You! 

The animated video thing would actually make a lot of sense. But then I wonder how it would be different from their lyric videos :happy:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time that I dont have high expectations for a Green Day video lol, let's see how it turns out :P 

It could be a part of some game's soundtrack? Like that would kinda make sense, wouldn't it? Anyways, super excited for this! Too bad it just air's at 6pm in Finland. :D

Great that we're getting the video now. But why launch it on E3? E3 is like a event that gathers gamers and game developers so can't see a reason for why they won't to show it there first ... 

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

It was only a 6 month wait :D I'm wondering, why the fuck at the E3 though, what on earth has Green Day to do with gaming? Because of the broader reach of the E3? I mean, the event is practically trending everywhere. It still seems so random.

Looks like I'll be up until 5am for this again. Thanks Green Day for fucking up my schedule again. :lol: 

It's six months already??? Oh dear :lol:

I'll be up to leave for vacation though :P I might have fun watching it on the train.

Anyway, who else is waiting for the one last massive fail to crown the whole revrad video saga? :ga:

A bit of topic here but does anyone know if we'll get some footage from the download festival from sunday??

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'll be up to leave for vacation though :P I might have fun watching it on the train.

Anyway, who else is waiting for the one last massive fail to crown the whole revrad video saga? :ga:

Yup, it's been exactly six months since he announced it on New Year's Eve :lol: 

Have fun on your vacation! :)

What do you mean, 'one last massive fail'? :lol: I think their videos have been pretty good so far, and I'm kind of psyched for this video. I'm guessing the video will be pretty good and will have something to do with video games, if the E3 agreed to have it premiere there but I wanna be cautious with my expectations :D 

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't think this will happen, but it would be super epic if they'd release "Forever Now" as last single with an epic video. Kinda like they did with JOS.

@Jane Lannister Noooo, I don't want you to leave for vacation! I really like your activity on GID these past days, hahahahaha (naaa, enjoy!)

4 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

A bit of topic here but does anyone know if we'll get some footage from the download festival from sunday??

Try the "Green Day Downloads" forum or either of these threads:

So their releasing a music video, that's good for promotion but why can't they put out more live footage? 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Try the "Green Day Downloads" forum or either of these threads:

Yes i have checked the Download festival thread but not any info there... A shame that we don't barely get any footage from the latest gigs

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Yup, it's been exactly six months since he announced it on New Year's Eve :lol: 

Have fun on your vacation! :)

What do you mean, 'one last massive fail'? :lol: I think their videos have been pretty good so far, and I'm kind of psyched for this video. I'm guessing the video will be pretty good and will have something to do with video games, if the E3 agreed to have it premiere there but I wanna be cautious with my expectations :D 

Thanks!

The video has pretty much become a meme in the fanbase, I do think its premiere deserves to be a funny moment.

1 minute ago, melissi_unicorn said:

I don't think this will happen, but it would be super epic if they'd release "Forever Now" as last single with an epic video. Kinda like they did with JOS.

@Jane Lannister Noooo, I don't want you to leave for vacation! I really like your activity on GID these past days, hahahahaha (naaa, enjoy!)

I love FN, too. :wub:

:lol: I wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be able to post this week, unless I figure out how to do it on mobile, but I'll be back on Monday and will have time to post a lot for weeks after that - summer break, yay! If everything goes well, I'll come back with material for another green day review (if we do want two gd gig reviews in two weeks haha)

1 minute ago, Jonas01 said:

So their releasing a music video, that's good for promotion but why can't they put out more live footage? 

Yes i have checked the Download festival thread but not any info there... A shame that we don't barely get any footage from the latest gigs

I guess nobody knows then. Have patience, I'd say. Some stuff from the Pinkpop festival is online, including Forever Now, we have their Late Night performances and the Download festival was literally just yesterday. Maybe they'll release a Live DVD or something and don't want the footage to be public already. Let's just stay on the topic of the music video now and talk about the footage elsewhere. :)

Thanks!

The video has pretty much become a meme in the fanbase, I do think its premiere deserves to be a funny moment.

I must have missed this, I've been out of the loop for a while :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:lol: I wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be able to post this week, unless I figure out how to do it on mobile, but I'll be back on Monday and will have time to post a lot for weeks after that - summer break, yay! If everything goes well, I'll come back with material for another green day review (if we do want two gd gig reviews in two weeks haha)

Haha, yay to summer breaks! Enjoy the vacation! I don't mind another GD review, hahaha :woot:

Uhm, to stay on topic: I really hope the video isn't animated. I really like their "real life" music videos and I think Rev Rad has a lot of potential. 

Yaaaas :runaround: Saw the tweet while at work and got mildly distracted

Never even heard of Twitch but 5am seems like a nice early start to my day off lol. And I agree with the above, I wanna see real life boys!

Edit: the wait has, in theory, lasted exactly as long as my entire GDC existence. Feels like yesterday :cry::lol: 

Just now, melissi_unicorn said:

Haha, yay to summer breaks! Enjoy the vacation! I don't mind another GD review, hahaha :woot:

Uhm, to stay on topic: I really hope the video isn't animated. I really like their "real life" music videos and I think Rev Rad has a lot of potential. 

I wouldn't mind another animated video. 21CB is awesome, probably my fave video of theirs. I agree revrad has potential - it's really catchy. 

6 months ago I bet that it was filmed at Gilman and I wonder if I was right :whistle

3 minutes ago, melissi_unicorn said:

I really hope the video isn't animated. I really like their "real life" music videos and I think Rev Rad has a lot of potential. 

If you wanna compare videos from the trilogy for a moment though, they were all pretty bad in my opinion and the only good music video was the animated fan-made one for Nuclear Family :D Depending on how much work they put into it, an animated video could turn out pretty great!

6 months ago I bet that it was filmed at Gilman and I wonder if I was right :whistle

Duuuude, that would be so fucking amazing :wub: Although I'm not sure if Gilman would go along with that commercial stuff, I don't know what their stance on this is now :D 

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Duuuude, that would be so fucking amazing :wub: Although I'm not sure if Gilman would go along with that commercial stuff, I don't know what their stance on this is now :D 

yeah but why would they post pics from Gilman's toilets a couple days after the announcement in the daytime, dressed in suits and with makeup on???

#gilmanconspiracy #illuminati #confirmed

what do I win if I'm right? :rolleyes:

yeah but why would they post pics from Gilman's toilets a couple days after the announcement in the daytime, dressed in suits and with makeup on???

#gilmanconspiracy #illuminati #confirmed

what do I win if I'm right? :rolleyes:

Wait, what? Was I in a fucking coma? Weren't the pictures from the toilets from the Lookouting? Why haven't I seen them dressed up? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wait, what? Was I in a fucking coma? Weren't the pictures from the toilets from the Lookouting? Why haven't I seen them dressed up? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I totally remember a gilman loo selfie of Billie with eyeliner on.

Loo selfie has eyeliner but also stubble, not a good sign :( (yes I'm prioritising checking back on this over making dinner right now)

@Jane Lannister I will give you a million dollars if you're right*

Spoiler

*dollars not included

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Loo selfie has eyeliner but also stubble, not a good sign :( (yes I'm prioritising checking back on this over making dinner right now)

@Jane Lannister I will give you a million dollars if you're right*

Reveal hidden contents

*dollars not included

Stubble?! Hobo Billie Joe and I are looking forward to that vid. :lol:

Fine, I'll pm you my PayPal :P 

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I totally remember a gilman loo selfie of Billie with eyeliner on.

Spoiler

You mean this one?

You're right, that was two days after he announced it, but the Lookouting at Gilman was exactly at that time, and I think he wears eyeliner a lot when he's at events :D 

Hide contents

You mean this one?

You're right, that was two days after he announced it, but the Lookouting at Gilman was exactly at that time, and I think he wears eyeliner a lot when he's at events :D 

It might be that one. Does he though? I don't think he does unless he's performing or it's a big event like award shows etc.

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It might be that one. Does he though? I don't think he does unless he's performing or it's a big event like award shows etc.

Well, his eyeliner in this picture is very light, maybe he'll ease up on the amount of make up depending on how public the event is :lol: Maybe he just put it on this very bathroom for the instagram picture, which is something I do all the time myself :P 

Well, his eyeliner in this picture is very light, maybe he'll ease up on the amount of make up depending on how public the event is :lol: Maybe he just put it in this very bathroom for the instagram picture, which is something I do all the time myself :P 

That would mean he's better at eyeliner than I am. Unacceptable. :lol: You're right though. He might as well done that...

Still, a video from Gilman, how cool that would be. If I were in charge, they'd have one. I'd make Green Day great again!

Archived