Revolution Radio music video launches today

Wamasa

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

In keeping with Green Day's crack marketing team, I received an email from them today announcing the videos release.  Better late than never. 

what do you mean Green Day's crack? :lol:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

In keeping with Green Day's crack marketing team, I received an email from them today announcing the videos release.  Better late than never. 

:lol:so did I.  Submit your resume yet?

31 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

:lol:so did I.  Submit your resume yet?

I'm not qualified, I'm good at marketing.

2 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Oh... they never disappoint, do they. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

:lol:

55 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

:D

22 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I has the same thought when I got it yesterday too.  Plus, how late can you be on something like that?!!

40 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

I has the same thought when I got it yesterday too.  Plus, how late can you be on something like that?!!

All I know is my 4 year old great niece could do a better job at marketing than they do. 

I've figured out what I hate most about this video.   It's their clothing and hair.  Usually the guys look pretty good but not this time.  Billie's outfit is atrocious.   His hair is just as bad for some reason.  It looks too black, maybe he should go natural for a bit and see how it looks.   Tre's shirt looks like it doesn't fit right and his hair is bright blue - not really a good look either.  They are all wearing so much black that they blend in with the set.   

Only Mike Dirnt looks decent, and that's only because Mike Dirnt is the coolest man on the planet and cannot be made to look otherwise.   But they almost did it here.  

Wardrobe FAIL.   

I want 2006-2007 Green Day Style back.    

31 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I've figured out what I hate most about this video.   It's their clothing and hair.  Usually the guys look pretty good but not this time.  Billie's outfit is atrocious.   His hair is just as bad for some reason.  It looks too black, maybe he should go natural for a bit and see how it looks.   Tre's shirt looks like it doesn't fit right and his hair is bright blue - not really a good look either.  They are all wearing so much black that they blend in with the set.   

Only Mike Dirnt looks decent, and that's only because Mike Dirnt is the coolest man on the planet and cannot be made to look otherwise.   But they almost did it here.  

Wardrobe FAIL.   

I want 2006-2007 Green Day Style back.    

WOW! someone here didn't take his/her "chill pill" this morning?....:lol:

I like Tre's and Billie matching "Blue-hair/shirt" and I thought Billie's raven black-hair is decent..but he needed little cut on back. :ga:

2 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Back off of the dude or you will have to answer to me. :mad:

3 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Back off of the dude or you will have to answer to me. :mad:

what?..he can fight for himself!:ga: but anyways..sorry!:happy:

well i like the video....but i prefer the others....they are kinda more interesting...not that this one is boring, but for me the other ones are better

3 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I like Tre's and Billie matching "Blue-hair/shirt" and I thought Billie's raven black-hair is decent..but he needed little cut on back. :ga:

The blue shirt is the worst.  It's so distracting I actually feel like if the shirt were digitally replaced with any other shirt this video would be decent.  Can someone do that for me?  Denim jacket, that cool shirt he wore during the Trilogy Era, heck even the American Idiot black with red tie.   Shirtless could be an option as well.  Let Billie show off his ink.   

12 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

The blue shirt is the worst.  It's so distracting I actually feel like if the shirt were digitally replaced with any other shirt this video would be decent.  Can someone do that for me?  Denim jacket, that cool shirt he wore during the Trilogy Era, heck even the American Idiot black with red tie.   Shirtless could be an option as well.  Let Billie show off his ink.   

which cool shirt you are talking about from Trilogy era? from which music video?..

yeah, i like him shirtless most of video from now on..(but that is for other thread)..;)

On 6/21/2017 at 7:57 PM, Caroline Truong said:

which cool shirt you are talking about from Trilogy era? from which music video?..

yeah, i like him shirtless most of video from now on..(but that is for other thread)..;)

The red and black one.  I wanted one!

I love the video mainly because it gave me a new appreciation of the song. I liked the song already but I was ascribing a more politcal interpretation to it and overall the emphasis on politics and social injustice on the album made me a little sad because the world is such a mess I'm trying not to think about it all the time. I'm so glad the video is just a straight performance out of Gilman with a heavy dose of nostalgia. The punk revolution message came through and made it fun again. Green Day has always been about having fun and this brought that all back for me.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:32 AM, crock6000 said:

If you don't like this video then I think you are just a new-schools type that likes stories and narratives fed to you. I don't mean that as an insult.  To each his own.

I don't know what there is not to like here. I suppose this is the generation of the Green Day opera/Twilight era where everything just has to be a story. I love the "Troubled Times" lyrical video best of anything from this album so I'm not immune to it but this was a fucking good video for my taste any way you slice it.

I know this is kinda old now, but come on. Just because someone doesn't like the video doesn't mean they want a video with a narrative. For me, it's not the content - I love the concept of them playing in an empty Gilman slotted in with old footage of them playing in it 30 years ago with the place buzzing - I'm just not keen on the execution. The 360 camera angle, and the haphazard insertion of the old footage.

As an aside, their videos with 'stories' typically tend to be terrible anyway :lol: I actually do prefer the simple videos. Though I get the feeling the guys don't actually see music videos as much more than obligation...maybe I'm wrong though.

I think the video was alright. Not amazing but not bad either. I like the concept of them playing at Gilman once again, and something I absolutely loved was the Sweet Children banner. 

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

Though I get the feeling the guys don't actually see music videos as much more than obligation...maybe I'm wrong though.

I think so too, it seems like they just let the director get on with it and do what they have to. It's kind of a shame because a music video is another opportunity for artistic expression that can sometimes be a good or as meaningful as the song, so I like it when the artist does more than just show up and play the song. But I guess as long as they pick a good director that can sometimes happen anyway even if they don't have much input.

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think so too, it seems like they just let the director get on with it and do what they have to. It's kind of a shame because a music video is another opportunity for artistic expression that can sometimes be a good or as meaningful as the song, so I like it when the artist does more than just show up and play the song. But I guess as long as they pick a good director that can sometimes happen anyway even if they don't have much input.

Yes, I agree! And a good, iconic video does wonders for publicity if it goes viral as well. I don't think the guys necessarily hate doing videos, but I do think they probably wouldn't bother if the label told them they didn't have to :P although saying that, this video was their idea so...I dunno. They've played about with some interesting ideas in the past too (playing at different speeds in AI, own stunts in Walking Contradiction, all in one take in Macy's Day parade, post production colouring in Basket Case), so I'll give them that!

5 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Yes, I agree! And a good, iconic video does wonders for publicity if it goes viral as well. I don't think the guys necessarily hate doing videos, but I do think they probably wouldn't bother if the label told them they didn't have to :P although saying that, this video was their idea so...I dunno. They've played about with some interesting ideas in the past too (playing at different speeds in AI, own stunts in Walking Contradiction, all in one take in Macy's Day parade, post production colouring in Basket Case), so I'll give them that!

Yeah I mean this is a performance video so it is what it is, and they have been quite game to do extra stuff (most recently I was impressed that there was some acting from them in the Still Breathing video), plus even without them the lyric videos they've had for this album have been excellent so I'll give them some credit. It seems to be a rock band thing, definitely the most guilty genre when it comes to just playing the song in videos so they're not doing too badly by the average rock band standards. 

I love the Still Breathing video but my favorite GD vids of all are the AI ones by Sam Bayer.

I'm really late but i've only just seen the video and eh if i never see it again i won't be upset. it's okay but nothing special. the older footage def makes it interesting but I was hoping for something... more?

Archived