I just listened to 21CBD again.......

GreenDayTheory

I definitely love it xD.I think the only thing i hated was the overproduction Butch Vig did but i liked the whole album.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I love it too. I used to absolutely hate the thing but in recent years I've really come around on it. It really is a great album! I've been listening to the title track so much recently and man that song just never gets old to me. 

5 minutes ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

Yeah I love it too. I used to absolutely hate the thing but in recent years I've really come around on it. It really is a great album! I've been listening to the title track so much recently and man that song just never gets old to me. 

Yea i hated this album much and the beeps and the unnecesarry noices makes me think its bad but i gave it a shot then I liked the album (sorry english im from philippines)

Funny, I hadn't listened to this in ages either, have had Revrad on repeat, but played it again last week and had forgotten how much I love it.

Yea Revrad was all what i listened for a month ago cuz it related to the events here in our country (Philippines).

It's my favourite album (If you coudn't guess)

Even more epic than AI. The lyrics are just as good as American Idiot, if not better

32 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

It's my favourite album (If you coudn't guess)

Even more epic than AI. The lyrics are just as good as American Idiot, if not better

Yeah! I remember for a while these were actually the reasons I didn't like it. For a while I thought it was a bit formulaic and just a bit overrated. A little too epic for me, I guess (Obviously that's not what I think now :)). Now these are also the reasons I love it!  I think the lyrics give it a really cool vibe that I really dig now and the length of the album and individual songs also help with the epic ness. It's not my favorite now or anything, but I'm very glad I've come around on it. 

The "overproduction" wasn't nessicary Butch's doing it was produced exactly how it was meant to be 

I don't have this album as my favorite, but everytime I listen to it, I LOVE IT! 

21stCB, Viva la Gloria, Before the Lobotomy, Christian's Infenro, Last of the American Girls, Murder City, Little Girl, American Eulogy, I can't choose just one song.

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

The "overproduction" wasn't nessicary Butch's doing it was produced exactly how it was meant to be 

Oh ok 

My favorites would be Last Night On Earth,21CBD,Murder City,East Jesus Nowhere,Last of the Ameican Girls

It's an ok album but probably Green Day's worst TBH.  It's too long with too much filler (despite moments of greatness like Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns).

This is exactly what will happen with Revolution Radio, 10 years from now people will look back and say "Hmm actually it wasn't so bad, I kinda dig it now"

21st Century Breakdown is a masterpiece. Such epic music and such poetic, well thought out, lyrics. Billie at his best.

It's funny, with the release of a new album I'll usually listen to it nonstop for months and months (like I have been with RevRad) and then eventually go back to a prior album heavily as well. I've done it every time. And this time my "go-to" album post RevRad has been 21CB. I don't know if there's some musical linkage or it just makes sense since it's now had a good 8 years or so to season, but it seems lots of us are doing the same. Interesting- maybe it's the contrasts between the releases (RevRad was a relatively straightforward release- only one extended suite and a pretty direct album overall, while 21CB was epic and super ambitious and contrasts with RevRad on many levels).

21CB is my most listened to GD album but I have had RevRad on repeat in the car this week - skipping  Youngblood of course.

I've loved them all from first listen. After that they just grow on me more and more, so anything I don't love at first listen just tends to get better over time. I don't tend to skip tracks, I usually listen to the whole album either way. With 21CB it's a little different, it's long as hell so usually I only listen to half at one time.

I never really understood the hate for this album. I remember loving it after the first listen. I felt this pride for the band because they made such a great album. 

2 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

This is exactly what will happen with Revolution Radio, 10 years from now people will look back and say "Hmm actually it wasn't so bad, I kinda dig it now"

My favorite album now is RevRad 

I've been a fan since the old days but 21CB has become my personal favorite album of theirs. I know a lot of old school fans hate on it, but I think it is brilliant. 

This album is my favourite too. It helps that I associate it with good memories too, around 2009ish (just finishing my GCSEs, and my first GD gig being the same day the music video for 21CB came out.) It gives me nothing but good feelings, I think every single song has its place and it's also probably my favourite album in terms of aesthetic and artwork too.

11 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

Although to be fair 21st CB got rave reviews when it came out and won the Best Rock Album Grammy. I guess as usually happens people started to appreciate it less once it turned out not to be as successful as American Idiot (one example being Kerrang giving it 5/5 when it came out, having only given AI 4/5, but later pretending it was the other way round) but it was recognized as being good at the time. Seems like how successful an album ends up being is what determines how it's remembered rather than the actual reaction to the music. 

11 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

I doubt it 

I was obsessed with this album when it first came out and thought it was better than American Idiot. Now I almost never listen to it in full due to how long it is and because there are a few songs I would skip, but there are some really great songs on it that I still come back to a lot.

It's funny it took me years to get into AI as an album but loved 21st the day it came out 

Archived