Original Version of "Geek Stink Breath" by Pinhead Gunpowder

Todd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy fuck that's so hard it's practically D-beat, and is it just me or was that a little bit of the Lynch The Landlord bass played at the end there?

Holy shit, this is fucking awesome!!! Thank you so much for posting!

Wow, this is amazing, thanks for posting! What I wouldn't give to attend a PG show.

What do you mean "original version"? Isn't it a Green Day song?

crazy! I wish I could understand the lyrics better, it sounds like some of them were changed

3 hours ago, Dai. said:

What do you mean "original version"? Isn't it a Green Day song?

I'm guessing it was first performed as PHGP turned into a GD song as PHGP performed it almost 2 years before Insomniac came out 

59 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I'm guessing it was first performed as PHGP turned into a GD song as PHGP performed it almost 2 years before Insomniac came out 

so you saying Billie turned into a GD song as Billie performed it later..:lol:;)

I like the song GSB when is "Live" and on of my fave song on Insommiac.

Wow! That's so fast and hard. I love it! Great find.

They seriously need to squeeze it into the current set. So short but so heavy and awesome and would round the set out perfectly with some Insomniac representation. Plus, fuck, it's a single.

35 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

so you saying Billie turned into a GD song as Billie performed it later..:lol:;)

I like the song GSB when is "Live" and on of my fave song on Insommiac.

Yeah Which is common thing when people have more than one band 

6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

It's true. A lot of PHGP songs didn't even start out as PHGP ;)

19 hours ago, Todd said:

Enjoy guys! Full show can be downloaded here:

This is incredible. Never in all my years of hardcore fandom did I ever read or hear about this song existing this early or being performed with PHGP. Great find. That's a major one- I don't know of any other documented source that had that song surfacing before the Insomniac recording sessions. Well done.

20 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

This is incredible. Never in all my years of hardcore fandom did I ever read or hear about this song existing this early or being performed with PHGP. Great find. That's a major one- I don't know of any other documented source that had that song surfacing before the Insomniac recording sessions. Well done.

Nope, nothing has ever indicated it was once a PHGP song! There are two Green Day performances of it from late 94, we thought that was as far back as it went.

20 minutes ago, Todd said:

Nope, nothing has ever indicated it was once a PHGP song! There are two Green Day performances of it from late 94, we thought that was as far back as it went.

That's right didn't they do it on SNL? 

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

That's right didn't they do it on SNL? 

Yep, and soundchecked it at the Jaded in Chicago show

Just now, Todd said:

Yep, and soundchecked it at the Jaded in Chicago show

Yep I just remembered it in SNL I remember watching it Sunday morning the next day as I taped that episode and was mad cause the song wasn't on Dookie lol 

Holy fuck, are anyone else's nipples hard after listening to that? :lol: 

Seriously though, I can't thank you enough for posting this, Todd! What an awesome find. 

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I know Billie have few awesome side band, I love Fox borough Hot tub?

which I miss him do this..:sorry:

9 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

I know Billie have few awesome side band, I love Fox borough Hot tub?

which I miss him do this..:sorry:

Yeah Foxboro is my fav of the side bands

Holy shit Todd awesome find!! I had no idea this began life as a PHGP song and they're my favourite band haha. 

14 hours ago, Marki. said:

Wow, this is amazing, thanks for posting! What I wouldn't give to attend a PG show.

I'd kill to attend a PHGP show but I'm starting to think that'll never happen after seeing an interview with Aaron from a few months ago where he talked about the band he's been in for over 25 years now and how they still play together but only for themselves and they start a song and yell to each other "this one's for you". Unfortunately I don't think the band will be playing for anyone but themselves any time soon :(

Archived