RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

MillenniumFan

4 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I just don't understand WHY they never give permission. Look at Linkin Park. They released their new album about one month ago and we already got more footage from them than we got from Green Day since October 2016. Or System of a Down. I have the feeling that you can see almost all of their festival shows on YouTube. Does GDs promotion team think releasing footage from the concerts will stop people from buying tickets for their shows? 

As I said, I think some live videos could be beneficial for the commercial performance of RevRad.

They probably do think free access to quality live videos would decrease ticket sales. I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't give permission. I agree that at least a couple of live videos might not hurt and would help the album. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're close to the end of the festival run, but so far we have got so little pro footage that it's just so... so dissapointing!! And i don't think we'll get anything too at least not this tour because GD promo team + Warner = :(:(:( 

But is it only Warner? I mean, doesn't a band like Green Day have any influence on something like that?

It just seems a bit weird to me. I mean, we really got NOTHING except the three or four songs from Pink Pop. I can't imagine that they finish this tour without releasing any pro-shot footage at all. 

16 hours ago, DrewK said:

Will there any more PRO OR SBD Released this summer?

Hey there since we have a thread for wondering about this I merged your post with it :) 

We can only hope I suppose, would be nice but I don't think we have any info on whether there'll be anything or not.

5 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

But is it only Warner? I mean, doesn't a band like Green Day have any influence on something like that?

It just seems a bit weird to me. I mean, we really got NOTHING except the three or four songs from Pink Pop. I can't imagine that they finish this tour without releasing any pro-shot footage at all. 

Yes and it's just so dissapointing ... 

I don't think it's only Warner considering that other Warner artists are getting live streamed quite often. Linkin Park already streamed their fourth festival show live this summer :ermm: 

I really hope it's all because they wanna release a live DVD...

Sky Arts in the UK are broadcasting their usual highlights show from Hyde Park in July/August usually - date still TBC . But i don't think Green Day will be shown .

My fave Pro Shot-footage so far is PinkPop...which is only four song live.

Yes,..I wish there would be DVD too..or posted more of Live footage on YouTube. I want to see some of from Hyde Park/Dublin.

and aren't they boys going to tour South America and Mexico ..after festival run?

36 minutes ago, melissi_unicorn said:

I don't think it's only Warner considering that other Warner artists are getting live streamed quite often. Linkin Park already streamed their fourth festival show live this summer :ermm: 

I really hope it's all because they wanna release a live DVD...

That would be the only reasonable reason (sounds great, doesn't it :P) why they'd never give permission for streaming. Although with them it's impossible to tell if they have actual reasons for their moves or if their actions are just absolutely random. :pinch:

19 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

and aren't they boys going to tour South America and Mexico ..after festival run?

yes. With that being said, live footage from there would be really cool. LatAm fans are always so passionate.

I used always blame Warner for this but as others have said plenty of Warner artists have their show broadcast in full. This must be down to the band, I'd love to know why they choose to release so little to us. Even if they were planning a DVD I don't think that's a good enough reason anymore. Let's face it there isn't much they'd be giving away at this stage. Bullet in a bible and AAF still covers the majority of the setlist. It's just the few songs from RevRad that would be new, and there is already pro shot of those too from GMA or Award shows so why not just give the permission to broadcast their live shows now??

13 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I used always blame Warner for this but as others have said plenty of Warner artists have their show broadcast in full. This must be down to the band, I'd love to know why they choose to release so little to us. Even if they were planning a DVD I don't think that's a good enough reason anymore. Let's face it there isn't much they'd be giving away at this stage. Bullet in a bible and AAF still covers the majority of the setlist. It's just the few songs from RevRad that would be new, and there is already pro shot of those too from GMA or Award shows so why not just give the permission to broadcast their live shows now??

They might be afraid less people would come to shows if they did... It's hard to come up with any explanation haha

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

They might be afraid less people would come to shows if they did... It's hard to come up with any explanation haha

That works both ways though surely. Someone who hasn't seen them before sees a live video of them and says "I have to see them live next time they play here"

6 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

That works both ways though surely. Someone who hasn't seen them before sees a live video of them and says "I have to see them live next time they play here"

I know, considering how good they are, it's likely that more people would be inclined to go see them after they've seen a current live video of a new song. It would be like "wow they're good and the new music doesn't suck!". I mean, general public hasn't really heard from them since 2010, so putting live footage on YouTube would not only promote the new music but also remind more people that the band are still alive and kicking.

So, why don't they do it? 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I know, considering how good they are, it's likely that more people would be inclined to go see them after they've seen a current live video of new song. It would be like "wow they're good and the new music doesn't suck!". I mean, general public hasn't really heard from them since 2010, so putting live footage on YouTube would not only promote the new music but also remind more people that the band are still alive and kicking.

Exactly, you might even get a few that go back and check out Green Days back catalog of albums and generate new fans that way.

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

Exactly, you might even get a few that go back and check out Green Days back catalog of albums and generate new fans that way.

Yes, I agree.

I don't get it especially because they did release quite a lot of live material from the Trilogy tour so it's not like it's never been their thing. If I remember correctly they released much more pro-shot footage at that time - on top of my head I recall watching a festival in Japan, Irving Plaza and something more before the albums came out and then after that at least the full Reading performance. That's more than we got this time around and Trilogy was considered a flop.

I think they want as many people as possible to come to their shows, that's the only reasonable explanation. But a video isn't nearly the same as seeing a concert live. Everyone knows this, so this isn't' really a valid argument. And if they want to have full control over the material, they could edit it an upload it on their YouTube channel. 

However, a proper live-DVD would be awesome. It's true that the setlist hasn't really changed since the AI/21st CBD-tours but we never got a full concert, right? I recently watched Awesome as Fuck and it feels much shorter than their normal shows (I think it's a bit longer than an hour). So they left out quite a lot. Maybe they are working on something like this? A full concert on DVD/BluRay?

Anyway, I'm glad that I had the chance to see them live, no pro-shot footage can be better than this experience. But I think they are having so much fun on this tour, it would be a shame to release nothing at all.

I feel bad for all the moaning i have done .....They uploaded 4 songs from KROQ and 2 from the EMA's on their official You tube and the Full Iheart radio concert on their other channel . And their is also Howard Stern video's , pink pop , and GMA full broadcast . In hindsight we actually haven't done to badly :) .   Let's be humble rather than Greedy haha :lol:

Also a near full SBD broadcast from Sirux FM

2 minutes ago, AimieeSmith said:

I feel bad for all the moaning i have done .....They uploaded 4 songs from KROQ and 2 from the EMA's on their official You tube and the Full Iheart radio concert on their other channel . And their is also Howard Stern video's , pink pop , and GMA full broadcast . In hindsight we actually haven't done to badly :) .   Let's be humble rather than Greedy haha :lol:

Also a near full SBD broadcast from Sirux FM

Televised stuff doesn't count :P 

This is still grinding my gears, most friends/family who've said that Green Day were a 'crappy emo band' were won over by AAF and any little snippets I decide to get during live shows. Funnily enough BIAB was a little too AI-based for newer fans, where as AAF was brilliantly filmed, passionate, and full of variety.

Having no pro-shot recordings this tour has honestly lead me and surely others to film more than I/they would normally; even Sum 41 announced they were filming a concert, and I saw very few phones up in the air at their shows other than the slower stuff. It's pissing me off that I can't share much of this tour other than Pinkpop. iHeart maybe, but was a little underwhelming. Too TV-oriented. Then again, for all we know there's a DVD in the making right now.

If their aim is to get people to shows, umm, they were selling out instantly even before the tour started and still are now. 

I really don't get it?..

What GD the Filming Live Performance in Music Festival has do with Warner Bro?

Isn't Music festival for different kind of Band to played on and it has their own production?

The setlist is very mundane same structure since AI tour. The Trilogy era mixed it up a little i wish Emirates was realeased as a DVD. That said i hope that they are planning a dvd for this tour.

Green Day's promotion team has (partially) awoken :D 

59 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Green Day's promotion team has (partially) awoken :D 

That's actually brilliant 

• Hermione changed the title to RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

Archived