RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

MillenniumFan

On 6/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah, they allowed highlights last time, so select songs and they're set to appear in PinkPop highlights at 19:30 CEST today. However, notice how in that clip they cut out the actual performance? Yeah, that's because of copyright once again, they can get away way with the dialogue as Warner has no legal rights to that...

Warner has no rights over Knowledge GD owns the Lookout material flat out Reprise however does distributes the albums for GD they don't have any control over the songs and escp since Knowledge isn't even a GD song neither GD nor Warner own that one 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, I was probably wrong on that one. Still, it bothers me that they don't give permission as much as they could in my opinion. I mean, without this one guy the full Reading Festival 2013 performance would have never seen the light of day...

So it's just to do the same thing on the next festival since Warner Bros won't let anything be recorded and GD Youtubes channel never publish any live footage, so therefore we have to do it. 

There might just be the possibility that there's no more pro-footage at all. Last time, they only gave permission to large, well established festivals (Reading, Rock Am Ring) to broadcast at least a few songs live. This time, they're not playing either of those. Of the festivals that are televised, Southside, Hurricane and Download Paris are relatively large, so they might give permission there. To be honest, I don't know which parameters determine wether or not they give permission or not. Is it the size of the festival, the relevance (which often correlates with the size) etc... 

I could understand Warner blocking green day footage from festivals during the AI and 21st CB tours because it could affect sales of a concert DVD. I don't understand it anymore though, the band isn't as popular as back in those days so why not just release some awesome concert footage and maybe generate some new fans for the band. 

Yeah, I somehow sense that some of the guys working as Green Day's promotional team don't understand the internet. There is a massive potential there, especially through live footage (because, let's face it, it's Green Day at their best) to reach people and like you said generate more fans. The best thing about it is: if they uploaded it themselves, they'd have full control over the video editing and sound. And we all know how f**king awesome Green Day can sound on professionally produced live albums / concert videos. They sound great too otherwise, don't get me wrong, but that little bit more fantastic! Why don't they do it? I seriously do not understand why...

Any pro footage from yesterdays download festival? 

On 7.6.2017 at 11:17 PM, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah, I somehow sense that some of the guys working as Green Day's promotional team don't understand the internet. There is a massive potential there, especially through live footage (because, let's face it, it's Green Day at their best) to reach people and like you said generate more fans. The best thing about it is: if they uploaded it themselves, they'd have full control over the video editing and sound. And we all know how f**king awesome Green Day can sound on professionally produced live albums / concert videos. They sound great too otherwise, don't get me wrong, but that little bit more fantastic! Why don't they do it? I seriously do not understand why...

Can't agree more here! The promotional team is just horrible... But it will continue like that for a long time unless someone do something. And that's unlikely now considering how bad the promo teaam is. 

To me it almost seems like the promotional team don't want to genereaty any new fans or anything like that. Do they even have a promotional team? or is it just sara rose who controls their facebook and instagram? ;) and also the youtube channel... omg...... Just horrible. 

Pro(?) snippets of Green Day at the Succa Summer Festival

Nice, I saw some other video with Know Your Enemy, I could see that the cameras that were used to film it were professional. However, the sound wasn't from the soundboard (and it isn't here either I think), rather it was recorded from some mics on the camera, so it wasn't very good...

7 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Nice, I saw some other video with Know Your Enemy, I could see that the cameras that were used to film it were professional. However, the sound wasn't from the soundboard (and it isn't here either I think), rather it was recorded from some mics on the camera, so it wasn't very good...

I'll take what we can get. When it comes to concert footage, the quality of the shot matters more to me than the audio ((Besides, we can just find the best AMT audio recording on YT or something, and edit that in.))

For me it's the other way round, I'd like pro-shot video, but well mixed proper audio is more important to me... 

6 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

For me it's the other way round, I'd like pro-shot video, but well mixed proper audio is more important to me... 

Well, I should be more specific. When it comes to PRO footage being released, I prefer good shots rather than good audio, but in any other instance, well mixed audio is always better for me.

It just get more and more dissapointing that we don't get any live footage whatsoever. Like what is actually happenin in the GD promo team??? What are they thinking with... Like why can't your social channels be better, why can't you pubish behind the scens stuff such as Metallicas FB page and Instagram do? Just WHY. Just grab an iphone and record some videos on the stage during the soundcheck or something like that and upload it? The thing they did on Facebook before the show in Cologne was great. More of that please!!! EVEN i would have been A LOT BETTER promo ''guy'' that the whole GD team. And where did the footage from Download festival go??? 

They do do Instagram stories to be fair, but you're right, they used to do more live streams and q&a's and that stuff. 

They're not active enough. Here's what I would do:

1. Be at least as active on YouTube as you are on Facebook and Instagram and take Bubukittyfk (aka Sara, aka Tré's wife) as an example, she's very active on social media, so is Jeff Matika by the way.

2. Upload as you said, more behind the scenes videos that are up to date (the Jeff Matika show is one option, just upload the new stuff. Trust me, you're going to loose more money by doing poor promotion in the long run, then by giving up some of Idiot Nation funding. Upload more pro-shot live videos and everything pro-shot (and I mean everything), that is released on other channels such as all the TV appearances and certain interviews. That way you have full control in terms of video editing and sound. 

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

They do do Instagram stories to be fair, but you're right, they used to do more live streams and q&a's and that stuff. 

1. Be at least as active on YouTube as you are on Facebook and Instagram and take Bubukittyfk (aka Sara, aka Tré's wife) as an example, she's very active on social media, so is Jeff Matika by the way.

2. Upload as you said, more behind the scenes videos that are up to date (the Jeff Matika show is one option, just upload the new stuff. Trust me, you're going to loose more money by doing poor promotion in the long run, then by giving up some of Idiot Nation funding. Upload more pro-shot live videos and everything pro-shot (and I mean everything), that is released on other channels such as all the TV appearances and certain interviews. That way you have full control in terms of video editing and sound. 

I have a feeling if Green Day had it their way, they'd release A WHOLE LOT MORE! It's also probably because of the lack of content and advertising that they didn't make it to the Grammys & Billboard Awards this year. Which infuriates me thinking what could be.

Want proof that live performances are a good form of promotion? @AimieeSmith uploaded the full GMA performance around 4 weeks ago onto YouTube, which is not a particularly flattering or special performance. Still, up until now it has reached more than 80'000 views, which is more than any video uploaded onto Green Day's official channel in the last 2 months (except Revolution Radio), despite the fact that her channel is a 1000th the size of Green Day's official channel. 

The Pink Pop performance (also on her channel) is also quickly approaching that, with 65'000 views so far in the last 2 weeks...

15 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

And where did the footage from Download festival go??? 

The Download Festival in France doesn't get any PRO Footage released from any performer. ((Not on TV, the internet, etc.))

1 minute ago, MilleniumFan said:

Want proof that live performances are a good form of promotion? @AimieeSmith uploaded the full GMA performance around 4 weeks ago onto YouTube. Up until now it has reached 80'000 views, which is more than any video uploaded onto Green Day's official channel in the last 2 months (except Revolution Radio), despite the fact that her channel is a 1000th the size of Green Day's official channel. 

Need we mention the 50 billion Jaded In Chicago uploads?

Well, in the past some artists have given permission to ARTE to broadcast the concert later, as part of ARTE concert series. This hasn't yet happened for this year's festival though (and Green Day or Warner are certain not to give permission anyway). 

5 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Well, in the past some artists have given permission to ARTE to broadcast the concert later, as part of ARTE concert series. This hasn't yet happened for this year's festival though (and Green Day or Warner are certain not to give permission anyway). 

Are you sure that's not the Download Festival in the UK? 

I am so curious i just want to know the reason for why they don't publish any live footage? 

5 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Definetely agree! I wonder who the promo team actually is ... 

Ok, the next upcoming festivals with possible pro-shot footage are the partner festivals Southside and Hurricane. I would advise that nobody gets their hopes up too much, because we didn't get much out of PinkPop and we might get even less out of these festivals...

However, here is what is confirmed so far:

Both festivals will have a livestream on their respective websites (both video and radio). Additionally, French TV channel ARTE have confirmed that they'll be broadcasting quite a lot from Hurricane and select concerts from Southside.

So, we'll have to see. Maybe we'll get to see some Green Day, probably not though. 

The last time Green Day was live on German TV for a concert/festival performance, was for Rock Am Ring 2013 and there they confirmed Green Day a few days before the actual performance, something that hasn't happened here yet...

22 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

The last time Green Day was live on German TV for a concert/festival performance, was for Rock Am Ring 2013 and there they confirmed Green Day a few days before the actual performance, something that hasn't happened here yet...

I would literally kill right now for a live performance of Hurricane or Southside like the one from Rock am Ring back in 2013. Green Day is better than ever at the moment, it would give them so much attention. Maybe there will be a surprise and we will get something, but probably not :( I will keep my eyes and ears open.

i'd like to think they're filming/recording a live album and that's why we don't have any festival footage. being optimistic...

• Hermione changed the title to RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

Archived