RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

MillenniumFan

Ok, so the festival leg in Europe is a time where usually you can expect a few pro-shot performances to surface, so I've decided to make a list of where (if at all) these pro-shot performances would be shown:

June 04: Pink Pop - Coverage: Either a live stream broadcast on dutch TV channel NPO Cultura 3voor12 (unlikely, as Warner didn't give permission the last two times) or a few recorded songs broadcast later as ''highlights'' by the same channel or NPO Nederland 3.

June 09: Greenfield - No Coverage to be expected

June 11: Download Festival Paris - Coverage: Possibly a live stream broadcast by french TV-Channel ARTE

June 14: Lucca Summer Time - No Coverage to be expected

June 15: I-Days Festival - No Coverage to be expected

June 17: Nova Rock - No Coverage to be expected

June 23: Hurricane Festival - Coverage: Possibly a live stream on the festival's official website, or the following TV channels: ARTE, 3sat or ZDF Kultur  

June 24: Southside Festival - Coverage: Possibly a live stream broadcast by the website ''DasDing'' (SWR) or the following TV channels: Einsplus, 3sat

July 1st: Hyde Park - Coverage: No coverage to be expected (except possibly highlights, presumably shown on SkyArts)

July 7: Mad Cool - Coverage: Possibly one or two songs posted on the festival's official YouTube channel

If you have any suggestions, additions or corrections, go ahead.

Once pro-shot footage surfaces, you can provide links to streams or recordings here.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this information.  I do know that afterward you can watch some of the festivals on AXS TV Concerts and MTVLive here in the states.they are filmed and then shown months afterwards.

Really? Well I know MTV World Stage recorded Green Day at Rock Am Ring in 2013 and released a 45 minute video about a month later. They might very well do that again (as they probably won't record a non festival gig like Olympiahalle). Sometimes Palladia broadcasts something as well. Although I think thus far, it's been something that was already broadcast earlier, albeit worse quality. 

Great idea to collect the broadcast links in one thread! I hope Warner gives permission for at least one full length recording! 

Yeah, that would be nice. Last time they allowed one 100 minute recording (Rock Am Ring) and one full length recording (Reading). Quite what the reasoning in either case was, I don't know...

EDIT: No full length recording for Reading either, so no full length recording at all.

3 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah, that would be nice. Last time they allowed one 100 minute recording (Rock Am Ring) and one full length recording (Reading). Quite what the reasoning in either case was, I don't know...

Reading wasn't allowed a full length. Someone picked up the satellite broadcast stream thing and saved it, that's how we got the full show. The "official" broadcast excluded a bunch of songs. 

That being said, it'd be really cool if someone could do the same thing to get full footage of more of these festivals :P 

@Todd Ah I see, I always assumed satelite stream meant live stream (satelite TV) and that later they aired select songs, my bad. But just to clarify, satelite stream to whom/what? And how did he/she do it? Do we know if this someone is on GDC or Green Day Authority, then we can get him/her to do it for Hyde Park for example :P 

EDIT: Ah no, he apparently got raw files from the BBC over satelite and since Hyde Park won't be broadcast by the BBC (actually none of the festivals will) that seems out of the question. It would still be possible to get satelite files from Arte, 3sat, EinsPlus or Zdf should they broadcast / stream the concert, if you'd know how to do it, although I'd much prefer someone else did it haha

18 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

@Todd Ah I see, I always assumed satelite stream meant, live stream (satelite TV) and that later they aired select songs, my bad. But just to clarify, satelite stream to whom/what? And how did he do it?

@stefa73it pulled the feed from the satellite I believe. You can try getting in contact with him, looks like he hasn't been here in a few years

Ok, do you know if the Optimus Alive Recording was permitted by Warner and was a legal transmission? If it was, then we'd have:

-Continuous 100 minute Broadcast (Rock Am Ring)

-Fragmented Broadcast (Reading)

-Full length Broadcast (Optimus Alive)

So, maybe our hopes for one full length broadcast aren't so far fetched after all...

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, do you know if the Optimus Alive Recording was permitted by Warner and was a legal transmission? If it was, then we'd have:

-Continuous 100 minute Broadcast (Rock Am Ring)

-Fragmented Broadcast (Reading)

-Full length Broadcast (Optimus Alive)

So, maybe our hopes for one full length broadcast aren't so far fetched after all...

Legal transmission or not, we still have to find a way to catch these transmissions. If we can figure out how to do it, then it's possible that we can get a full recording of Green Day's upcoming show at Pinkpop

2 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Legal transmission or not, we still have to find a way to catch these transmissions. If we can figure out how to do it, then it's possible that we can get a full recording of Green Day's upcoming show at Pinkpop

Sounds like you'd need to hire someone that knows how to do this shit :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Todd said:

Sounds like you'd need to hire someone that knows how to do this shit :lol: 

Apparently the guy who caught the Reading 2013 transmission knew.

Yes, but looking at his profile, I don't think he'd read even private messages haha (last seen august 2013!). However, I think I'll maybe do some research on the topic myself...

9 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yes, but looking at his profile, I don't think he'd read even private messages haha (last seen august 2013!). However, I think I'll maybe do some research on the topic myself...

I second that.

If T-Man will join in, we could make this a collaberation effort between the 3 of us. :lol:

2 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

I second that.

If T-Man will join in, we could make this a collaberation effort between the 3 of us. :lol:

Nope, I'm not good at computers :P no way can I capture a satellite

Just now, Todd said:

Nope, I'm not good at computers :P no way can I capture a satellite

Worth a shot. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Worth a shot. :lol:

Sounds kinda illegal. As a GDC staff member, I don't think I'm allowed to participate in/condone this operation :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Todd said:

Sounds kinda illegal. As a GDC staff member, I don't think I'm allowed to participate in/condone this operation :lol: 

I understand that.

On 27/05/2017 at 3:08 PM, Todd said:

Reading wasn't allowed a full length. Someone picked up the satellite broadcast stream thing and saved it, that's how we got the full show. The "official" broadcast excluded a bunch of songs.  

I could swear the full Reading concert was played on BBC3.  I'm sure my Dad recorded it for me to watch again when I got back from the festival.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

1 hour ago, tomdsjames said:

I could swear the full Reading concert was played on BBC3.  I'm sure my Dad recorded it for me to watch again when I got back from the festival.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Do you still have it DVR'd? Maybe you can check.

16 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Do you still have it DVR'd? Maybe you can check.

There's nothing still recorded from that long ago unfortunately.  My mom has an OCD with needing a certain amount free on the player so she goes on these mad sprees where she deletes loads of programmes 😒

59 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

she goes on these mad sprees where she deletes loads of programmes 😒

Oh my God, I do that too! :lol:

• Hermione changed the title to RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

Archived