RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

MillenniumFan

I agree with  lots being said here, I will never understand how Warner's don't seem to see the appetite for live footage from this widely recognised, excellent live band and I think it would keep the excitement up for the tour.  They would only need to spend 10 minutes on YouTube to see how many,  really poor quality videos there are out there  but getting views.  I understand it's expensive to film live and am sure there must be lots of niceities around promo that I know nothing about but it seems like a no-brainer in this age of social media.  Some behind the scenes footage too would be great!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, the next upcoming festivals with possible pro-shot footage are the partner festivals Southside and Hurricane. I would advise that nobody gets their hopes up too much, because we didn't get much out of PinkPop and we might get even less out of these festivals...

However, here is what is confirmed so far:

Both festivals will have a livestream on their respective websites (both video and radio). Additionally, French TV channel ARTE have confirmed that they'll be broadcasting quite a lot from Hurricane and select concerts from Southside.

So, we'll have to see. Maybe we'll get to see some Green Day, probably not though. 

The last time Green Day was live on German TV for a concert/festival performance, was for Rock Am Ring 2013 and there they confirmed Green Day a few days before the actual performance, something that hasn't happened here yet...

It's possible that we might get a lot. Remember Rock am Ring 2005? We got a full webcast of Green day's set, plus VH2, and MTV broadcast highlights from their set, similarly with Lollapalooza 2010, Highlights on Palladia, TeenNick, as well as some Webcast Highlights. Green Day gets quite a lot of PRO footage when combining TV broadcasts, and webcasts

Yes, but notice it was Rock Am Ring, a festival that's so much much much more well known than both Hurricane and Southside put together. So, it's a festival where even large bands will give permission for a broadcast, because they think it's adequate for promotion (which in my opinion both Southside and Hurricane would be as well, especially with Green Day being as good as they are now. But they would disagree with me of course, because they seemed to have failed Promotion 101 Class sigh...). 

Anyway, I so desperately hope I'm wrong... But I have already written to Green Day, as well as the band members about this, I don't really know what more there is one can do tbh. 

1 hour ago, imXieli said:

i'd like to think they're filming/recording a live album and that's why we don't have any festival footage. being optimistic...

I'm thinking (i.e. hoping for) the same. Yes they're better than ever and it's easy to imagine they'd rather capture that on something they can sell at a later date, than something that will end up on the internet and perhaps to some degree keep people from actually attending the shows as they're happening (especially considering how it doesn't seem like they're selling out every single venue atm).

I get that people are eager for shiny live footage (I am myself), and more social media activity and short clips of some sort would definitely benefit them greatly promo-wise, but I'm not sure how essentially giving away whole shows for free would make sense financially (again - especially if there's a live release in the pipeline).

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yes, but notice it was Rock Am Ring, a festival that's so much much much more well known than both Hurricane and Southside put together. So, it's a festival where even large bands will give permission for a broadcast, because they think it's adequate for promotion (which in my opinion both Southside and Hurricane would be as well, especially with Green Day being as good as they are now. But they would disagree with me of course, because they seemed to have failed Promotion 101 Class sigh...). 

Anyway, I so desperately hope I'm wrong... But I have already written to Green Day, as well as the band members about this, I don't really know what more there is one can do tbh. 

You seemed to skip over Lollapalooza. 

Please @WarnerBrothers give us the fans a livestream for Hurricane :D

29 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

True, I can't explain that one...

That's why i'm at least a little hopeful, because Lollapalooza isn't as well known as Rock am Ring, yet stil more known than Southside.

in the back of my head i'm sort of expecting something from Hyde Park because they've been promoting the shit out of that show specifically since the revrad club tour

No stream from Hurricane this year! This local news site is reporting that the usual mediapartners 3Sat and Arte aren't collaborating with them this year. This was confirmed by the organizer FKP Scorpio. 

https://www.kreiszeitung.de/events/hurricane-festival-2017-ere733127/hurricane-festival-arte-3sat-verzichten-livestream-tv-berichte-scheessel-8417879.html

19 minutes ago, melissi_unicorn said:

No stream from Hurricane this year! This local news site is reporting that the usual mediapartners 3Sat and Arte aren't collaborating with them this year. This was confirmed by the organizer FKP Scorpio. 

https://www.kreiszeitung.de/events/hurricane-festival-2017-ere733127/hurricane-festival-arte-3sat-verzichten-livestream-tv-berichte-scheessel-8417879.html

I hate them :fuckyou:

But at least the article also says that Arte will cover Southside and that there will be a live stream on three days. So maybe......

Edit: This is the link for the Arte-livestream for Southside: http://concert.arte.tv/de/southside-festival-livestream-vom-24-juni

Damn, well that only leaves Southside on Saturday then. So far, only bands until 21:00 are confirmed... It seems the PinkPop tragedy will repeat itself :( 

Southside will be streamed by ARTE, DASDING and on the website...

By the way, did you guys see that Green Day reposted the two videos on Aimiee Smith's channel from PinkPop on their ''News'' section?

http://www.greenday.com/news/green-day-pinkpop-2017-live-50031

Seems there are some people that might think that some live footage might actually be a good idea for promotion. One can only hope...

23 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

By the way, did you guys see that Green Day reposted the two videos on Aimiee Smith's channel from PinkPop on their ''News'' section?

Seems there are some people that might think that some live footage might actually be a good idea for promotion. One can only hope...

That's actually hilarious. They hardly let anyone stream the shows, and when fans make an effort to make stuff widely available they "steal" it to use for promo purposes :lol: Surely they could easily request that footage from Pinkpop and put it on their own channel.

28 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Seems there are some people that might think that some live footage might actually be a good idea for promotion. One can only hope...

Have you seen the playlist section on their YouTube Channel? They do the same thing.

Yeah and they also use it to make their tour promos. In the last one there's footage from Nova Rock and other festivals, so they have access to that footage. The trailer is pretty bad though...

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah and they also use it to make their tour promos. In the last one there's footage from Nova Rock and other festivals, so they have access to that footage. The trailer is pretty bad though...

Next thing we know, Green Day takes videos from Green Day Torrent, and Download Links By Era.

39 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Next thing we know, Green Day takes videos from Green Day Torrent, and Download Links By Era.

i feel like the boys actually do come on this site and just lurk to see what everybody says about them lol

22 minutes ago, imXieli said:

i feel like the boys actually do come on this site and just lurk to see what everybody says about them lol

The day I actually have a conversation with Billie Joe on this site is the day I rip my soul out of my body and blow it up Michael Bay style.

It's our bad luck that ARTE broadcasted Download and Hurricane last year but when Green Day perform the following year it does not happen :lol:

Just as i have said a lot earlier the whole GD promotion team is AWFUL. WHY don't they publish any live footage???

20 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Just as i have said a lot earlier the whole GD promotion team is AWFUL. WHY don't they publish any live footage???

Give it some time, the PR team is working on it. 

Dog-at-Computer.jpg

So, for the Arte-livestream of Southside on Saturday only Milky Chance, Gogol Bordello and Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls have been confirmed. But it says that other artists will be announced soon. Maybe there's some hope left.

@MilleniumFan I got pretty excited to see that they used Nova Rock footage. Though the trailer is indeed very bad, maybe this footage will see the light of day later... you never know:)

• Hermione changed the title to RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

Archived