RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

MillenniumFan

5 hours ago, tomdsjames said:

I could swear the full Reading concert was played on BBC3.  I'm sure my Dad recorded it for me to watch again when I got back from the festival.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

They aired a lot of it on BBC,  but it was missing a few songs. Off the top of my head, I think it had In The End, but not Emenius Sleepus. 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/05/2017 at 2:06 AM, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, do you know if the Optimus Alive Recording was permitted by Warner and was a legal transmission? If it was, then we'd have:

This was actually a case of someone who worked at the show recorded it from the big screen feed and than sold (or gaveaway) copies. That's why quality isn't amazing.

Right, so for anyone going to Pink Pop or interested in potential pro-shot footage, here are some informations from the official website, which I translated. Green Day are set to play on Sunday 4th of June from 21:30-24:00. All Times given are in CEST (So UTC+2).

TV

NPO 3 (Www.ntr.nl/pinkpop) will be showing highlights on Saturday (not relevant though) at 23:00 and 00:30 and on Sunday at 19:30 and 23:30, which leaves to debate wether they'll show any Green Day, because they're set to finish at 00:00 on Sunday).

NPO Cultura (www.npo.nl/cultura) will be broadcasting during the festival from 16:00 on Saturday and from 13:00 on Sunday and Monday. Should Warner give permission (which sadly, as I pointed out, didn't happen in the past) this is where you can expect a proper broadcast of the show. 

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, NPO Cultura will do a segment/series called ''Pinkpop napret'', which looks back at PinkPop, where we might expect some previously not shown footage or the highlights already shown on NPO 3. This will be aired from Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th of June from 19:30.

Radio

NPO 3FM (npo3fm.nl) and NPO 101 (Www.npo.nl/101) will be broadcasting on all three days from 16:00-24:00. Green Day live on air on either channel is unlikely, since it didn't happen in the past, but who knows... I remember that in the past you were sometimes able to ''overhear'' Green Day playing in the background haha.

Why does Warner never give permission to Pink Pop ?

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Right, so for anyone going to Pink Pop or interested in potential pro-shot footage, here are some informations from the official website, which I translated. Green Day are set to play on Sunday 4th of June from 21:30-24:00. All Times given are in CEST (So UTC+2).

TV

NPO 3 (Www.ntr.nl/pinkpop) will be showing highlights on Saturday (not relevant though) at 23:00 and 00:30 and on Sunday at 19:30 and 23:30, which leaves to debate wether they'll show any Green Day, because they're set to finish at 00:00 on Sunday).

NPO Cultura (www.npo.nl/cultura) will be broadcasting during the festival from 16:00 on Saturday and from 13:00 on Sunday and Monday. Should Warner give permission (which sadly, as I pointed out, didn't happen in the past) this is where you can expect a proper broadcast of the show. 

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, NPO Cultura will do a segment/series called ''Pinkpop napret'', which looks back at PinkPop, where we might expect some previously not shown footage or the highlights already shown on NPO 3. This will be aired from Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th of June from 19:30.

Radio

NPO 3FM (npo3fm.nl) and NPO 101 (Www.npo.nl/101) will be broadcasting on all three days from 16:00-24:00. Green Day live on air on either channel is unlikely, since it didn't happen in the past, but who knows... I remember that in the past you were sometimes able to ''overhear'' Green Day playing in the background haha.

We seem to have footage of them at Pinkpop in the past, sure it's not a full concert, but we certainly have PRO Footage of them at Pinkpop 2010 and 2013

@Yuri Plisetsky

Yeah, I know. As I pointed out, that footage was on both occasions shown in the highlights (2013: 2 songs; 2010: 5 songs). However, I am slightly doubtful, because the highlights start at 23:30 on Sunday, Green Day finish at 24:00. I don't know anymore if that's how it was in the past, but it seems weird now. That doesn't exclude the possibility of them quickly assembling a few clips and then showing them in that set of Highlights...

@AimieeSmith 

No idea. I do however recall that on both occasions it was a last minute thing. The people from NPO on social media kept tweeting that they were waiting for conformation/permission from Green Day / Warner to broadcast and that they didn't get a definite answer until the very end (which was no, except for a few songs in the highlights).

6 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

@Yuri Plisetsky

Yeah, I know. As I pointed out, that footage was on both occasions shown in the highlights (2013: 2 songs; 2010: 5 songs). However, I am slightly doubtful, because the highlights start at 23:30 on Sunday, Green Day finish at 24:00. I don't know anymore if that's how it was in the past, but it seems weird now. That doesn't exclude the possibility of them quickly assembling a few clips and then showing them in that set of Highlights...

@AimieeSmith 

No idea. I do however recall that on both occasions it was a last minute thing. The people from NPO on social media kept tweeting that they were waiting for conformation/permission from Green Day / Warner to broadcast and that they didn't get a definite answer until the very end (which was no, except a few songs in the highlights).

Why is it even up to Warner? Shouldn't it be up to the band?

I'm pretty sure as long as they're signed to Reprise, Warner has the legal rights to most of their content. So, if Warner thinks broadcasting songs for free (albeit live versions of those songs) will hurt profits or is a bad decision from a business or promotional point of view (which I, by the way, completely disagree with), then they won't allow the TV channel to broadcast it. At least, that's my interpretation of the matter. 

On 5/26/2017 at 2:44 AM, MilleniumFan said:

Ok, so the festival leg in Europe is a time where usually you can expect a few pro-shot performances to surface, so I've decided to make a list of where (if at all) these pro-shot performances would be shown:

June 04: Pink Pop - Coverage: Either a live stream broadcast on dutch TV channel NPO Cultura 3voor12 (unlikely, as Warner didn't give permission the last two times) or a few recorded songs broadcast later as ''highlights'' by the same channel or NPO Nederland 3.

June 09: Greenfield - No Coverage to be expected

June 11: Download Festival Paris - Coverage: Possibly a live stream broadcast by french TV-Channel ARTE

June 14: Lucca Summer Time - No Coverage to be expected

June 15: I-Days Festival - No Coverage to be expected

June 17: Nova Rock - No Coverage to be expected

June 23: Hurricane Festival - Coverage: Possibly a live stream on the festival's official website, or the following TV channels: ARTE, 3sat or ZDF Kultur  

June 24: Southside Festival - Coverage: Possibly a live stream broadcast by the website ''DasDing'' (SWR) or the following TV channels: Einsplus, 3sat

July 1st: Hyde Park - Coverage: No coverage to be expected (except possibly highlights, presumably shown on SkyArts)

July 7: Mad Cool - Coverage: Possibly one or two songs posted on the festival's official YouTube channel

If you have any suggestions, additions or corrections, go ahead.

Once pro-shot footage surfaces, you can provide links to streams or recordings here.

how about Reading? The boys always performance there..I think they should add one more date after "Hyde Park" I am just saying!:happy:

Pink Pop is in 4 days...that is close.

On 1.6.2017 at 5:39 PM, MilleniumFan said:

I'm pretty sure as long as they're signed to Reprise, Warner has the legal rights to most of their content. So, if Warner thinks broadcasting songs for free (albeit live versions of those songs) will hurt profits or is a bad decision from a business or promotional point of view (which I, by the way, completely disagree with), then they won't allow the TV channel to broadcast it. At least, that's my interpretation of the matter. 

Why do they say that? Considering we havn't got any pro shot footage from the arena tour, it would have been a huge dissapointment if Green Day's offcial YT channel don't upload ANYTHING from the EU tour this summer. 

On 6/1/2017 at 11:39 AM, MilleniumFan said:

Speak of the devil, we got something small. And by small, I mean so small it's pitiful. ((OH FIND ME IN THE ALPS))

Yeah, they allowed highlights last time, so select songs and they're set to appear in PinkPop highlights at 19:30 CEST today. However, notice how in that clip they cut out the actual performance? Yeah, that's because of copyright once again, they can get away way with the dialogue as Warner has no legal rights to that...

45 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yeah, they allowed highlights last time, so select songs and they're set to appear in PinkPop highlights at 19:30 CEST today. However, notice how in that clip they cut out the actual performance? Yeah, that's because of copyright once again, they can get away way with the dialogue as Warner has no legal rights to that...

You know, one of these days Green Day fans are gonna beat the footage out of Warner Brothers..

In a post from Green Day Brasil on Facebook (poorly translated), this was said.

Watch the presentation of green day in pink pop festival, what happened yesterday in Holland.

The local tv just broadcasted a small excerpt from the show containing the songs:

• Longview;
• Knowledge; and
• When I Come Around.

'still breathing' was another music broadcast, however, do we still have the video. Tomorrow we will share with you all.

We have recordings of all of that on YouTube. Sadly, Forever Now was broadcasted slightly later on NPO Cultura, so I'm not sure if anyone got that in decent quality. I managed to get sound, but the beginning is cut-off. My video is too laggy to be usable, but I still have to find the time to see what I can do...

So, I'll upload what I have of Forever Now at some other point.

Now, on to the next possible pro-shot: Paris Download Festival...

that is most real sweetest thing, I ever seen clip of little 11 boy..w/X-Kid..:wub:

I really don't understand,why they show only three (well two song Knowledge is not GD).. of GD's Song playing live? When I come around,SB

what the rest song doesn't belong to WB?

56 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

One last thing for Pinkpop. Are we eventually going to get Full-Length versions of Longview, and Knowledge, or is that out of the question?

I don't think anything more will be broadcast at this point unfortunately... 

On that note, on to the next festival with possible pro-shot footage...

I don't know how much pro footage we'll see over the next few weeks. But it would at least be something if we got fan footage of a whole gig that's as good as what we got from the Emirates gig in 2013, which I thought was better than most fan footage that we normally see. Here it is: 

Spoiler

The guy did say he was working on the  O2 Arena multicam from January... 

13 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Someone managed to get a great recording of Forever Now.

I used to don't like that song..Forever Now but now I am hooked..especially when it playing Live..:cool:

when and where is next festival?

1 hour ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Someone managed to get a great recording of Forever Now.

Yes, it was @Wouter1994. I consider him a hero! 

• Hermione changed the title to RevRad Tour Pro-Shot Video/Audio

Archived