Who here has tried playing guitar like Billie Joe from the Dookie tour?

Ash-517

I can Sorta Play Like Billie and have a tradition or just bad luck, I Break the E and G String when ever I try and play welcome to paradise

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have played like billie on the dookie tour, it's my regular playing style.

On May 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Ash-517 said:

You know, the whole "arm pumping, string abusing, power stance" kinda thing. I only really play this style on my old Squier Bullet Strat I got when I was 11. My Les Paul is too pricey to risk damaging :lol:. It is fun, but very tiring, and somewhat inaccurate (easy to miss strings or the whole guitar altogether). Does anyone else here play like this occasionally? Regularly?

I don't because i hurt my fingers and my strap is too low 

Edit: I do that sometimes but its hard

3 hours ago, GreenDayTheory said:

I don't because i hurt my fingers and my strap is too low 

Edit: I do that sometimes but its hard

I hold the pick at the very edge to avoid the finger damaging, though I tend to drop the pick whilst doing this. It's even worse if you're like me and you primarily use Jazz III picks, them things are tiny! I have a couple of Dunlop XH gel picks that I use specifically for playing this way. 

I usually play that way, not nearly as much energy, but the same way basically. I can't even play my guitar or bass sitting. Too many cables (guitar, headphones, tuner, ...).

14 minutes ago, Tim Age said:

I usually play that way, not nearly as much energy, but the same way basically. I can't even play my guitar or bass sitting. Too many cables (guitar, headphones, tuner, ...).

I can't actually play sitting (I do sometimes but its annoying)

Archived