Green Day on GMA May 19th

Jean

9 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It definitely means the Idiot Nation winners. As for who else is VIP, not sure. No one I knew has a VIP 1iota ticket. So maybe it's for people who work for the press and stuff. And anyone on their guest list. That kind of stuff. 

So probably we (the non VIPS) who are getting there early may get barrier if it's long enough or if anything we may get to the second row. Because it says ushered to the front not in a separate/closed off section.  

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

So probably we (the non VIPS) who are getting there early may get barrier if it's long enough or if anything we may get to the second row. Because it says ushered to the front not in a separate/closed off section.  

True, I'm hoping for that. If not, I'll look at the pluses:

- It's beautiful weather so waiting outside won't be a huge pain/uncomfortable/get me sick

- I'll get to see lots of friends

- It's a free show

- If I'm not in the front, I'll finally be able to appreciate the sound. Usually all I can hear up front is kick drum! 

7 minutes ago, Lauren said:

- It's beautiful weather so waiting outside won't be a huge pain/uncomfortable/get me sick

- It's a free show

- If I'm not in the front, I'll finally be able to appreciate the sound. Usually all I can hear up front is kick drum! 

Also this may be their only show in NYC until either a possible winter tour and if not that, probably not until the next album (unless they plan on doing secret shows)

And yes, there is the summer tour but for someone who lives very close to NYC and who doesn't drive, the nearest venue on the summer tour is about a 2/2.5 hour car ride or about 4 hours via random transit stations (and I would have loved to go had the VIP not be 400 dollars all for my subway sandwich and picnic blanket or basket or w/e) 

8 minutes ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

Also this may be their only show in NYC until either a possible winter tour and if not that, probably not until the next album (unless they plan on doing secret shows)

And yes, there is the summer tour but for someone who lives very close to NYC and who doesn't drive, the nearest venue on the summer tour is about a 2/2.5 hour car ride or about 4 hours via random transit stations (and I would have loved to go had the VIP not be 400 dollars all for my subway sandwich and picnic blanket or basket or w/e) 

Haha yeah the Camden show. I couldn't get pit if I didn't wanna spend $450 for VIP, so I bought a $25 lawn ticket off Groupon. I ended up getting pit to Chicago, and the flight and ticket were cheaper than the VIP ticket so I figured I might as well go see them in a new city. :)

so weird that the ticket says "does not guarantee entrance into our VIP section", rather than saying it flat out will not get you in it. Just doesn't guarantee it. Very strange. 

14 minutes ago, Lauren said:

so weird that the ticket says "does not guarantee entrance into our VIP section", rather than saying it flat out will not get you in it. Just doesn't guarantee it. Very strange. 

I also noticed that! So I hope it may be a Loophole in a sense.

3 hours ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

http://www.greenday.com/news/green-day-open-good-morning-americas-2017-summer-concert-series-friday-42391

So...this a thing. 

I am really unsure what VIP means. If it means the Idiot Nation winners or if it means the GMA ticket group that is on 1iota's tickets. 

thanks for information. Wish I could go..but living in West Coast is a nightmare :(

And why only 2 performance??:dry:

They're playing for half an hour and only playing 2 or 3 songs? That hardly seems worth going, but I'll still watch it online. 

47 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

They're playing for half an hour and only playing 2 or 3 songs? That hardly seems worth going, but I'll still watch it online. 

Look at the set list someone posted on the previous page. Even just the songs they aired in full there was like 5-6. So idk what greenday.com is talking about lol. 

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

- It's a free show

Yeah this. I mean, worst case scenario is I won't be near the front and I'm fine with that. At least camping out won't be unpleasant and it will be perfect concert weather. Should be a fun morning. :)

I really want to watch this event live (my girlfriend will be there), but being in Australia it's going to be nonexistent on TV at that time of evening. Does anyone know if there is a way to stream it online and if so may I please have a link?

1. Revolution Radio

2. Still Breathing

3. American Idiot 

Heading there now! Should be there with my friend at around 2:30

Seems like they're going to have some kind of background / backdrop with a Rev Rad era style ''Green Day'' logo, similar to the one they used on tour.  Definitely an improvement over the bland yellow background in 2009. How cool would it be if they had pyro as well... Unlikely though, as they didn't have any in 2009 (and their tour production otherwise throughout that tour was pyro galore) and it's probably not permitted or safe on that stage...

Although, does someone know what these black long metal rods at the front of the stage are (on the second picture of that Instagram post)?

EDIT: Just found out looking at concert footage from 2016, probably lights...

3 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I really want to watch this event live (my girlfriend will be there), but being in Australia it's going to be nonexistent on TV at that time of evening. Does anyone know if there is a way to stream it online and if so may I please have a link?

We get this on tv - channel 9 - the show is on at 330 am but you can watch it on catch up.  

Is someone here going to record this and then upload it on YouTube? I would, but: 

1. I can't get the stream to work.

2. I won't be at home at the time that this is aired (which is 3 PM my local time)...

30 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

We get this on tv - channel 9 - the show is on at 330 am but you can watch it on catch up.  

Only problem is that it's way after the event has actually finished, right? Doesn't it start in like an hour and a bit? 

6 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Only problem is that it's way after the event has actually finished, right? Doesn't it start in like an hour and a bit? 

It's almost 4am. Good morning America is on 7-9am but Green Day won't really be performing for Tv until around 8:30. 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's almost 4am. Good morning America is on 7-9am but Green Day won't really be performing for Tv until around 8:30. 

Yeah, so by the time we get it here,  it will be already finished. I swear America must hate me haha. 

Looks like there's not much hope for seeing it live :'(

5 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Yeah, so by the time we get it here,  it will be already finished. I swear America must hate me haha. 

Looks like there's not much hope for seeing it live :'(

ah dam - sorry I also got the time wrong - its 4.30 am.

I wonder if they're going to do a Soundgarden/Chris song at least for the Central Park audience if not the at-home audience. They weren't really part of the same scene, but there was some crossover with fanbases, especially when both bands hit it big.

I know you can't discount the allure of a free show on a nice day heading into a weekend, but I'm still impressed by the crowd already!

For anyone curious, yes the VIP section is barricaded off. I'm on the first row of the non-VIP barrier in front of Jason. Look for me on TV. :)

Looking forward to seeing some videos from GMA later today! 2009 was the first time I saw Green Day whilst we were on holiday in NYC! 

Archived