Green Day on GMA May 19th

Jean

I'm staying with a friend Thursday and she lives about a hour by train to Central Park. May get there probably around 4 ish (or earlier if possible)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what exactly is this - a mini concert that is aired on the tv?  I looked up GMA & we get this show in OZ between 3.30 am & 5 am!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

So what exactly is this - a mini concert that is aired on the tv?  I looked up GMA & we get this show in OZ between 3.30 am & 5 am!!!!!!!

Haha yeah we do. My mum is usually up at that time, and last time they were on it she fucking woke me and goes "GREEN DAY ARE ON TV!!!"

Just now, belinda jane said:

Haha yeah we do. My mum is usually up at that time, and last time they were on it she fucking woke me and goes "GREEN DAY ARE ON TV!!!"

Ok so we get the whole concert - not like the other shows recently??  I remember around trilogy time they did something on a rooftop - was that the same show?

2 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Ok so we get the whole concert - not like the other shows recently??  I remember around trilogy time they did something on a rooftop - was that the same show?

Same television program, only this time they're on an outdoor stage in Central Park instead of on a rooftop. Look up the one from 2009 -- that's what the one this year will be. 

And they'll probably air about three songs on TV plus a few short clips of them performing scattered throughout the program too (probably will also do mini interview too) 

3 hours ago, Tinkle said:

yes it is at same show from 2012 and 2009 for 21 century breakdown. they played live in Both.

Is it sad that this is literally going to be the highlight of my Friday? :lol: 

22 hours ago, so-unholy said:

That's the right entrance. I'll probably be there even earlier (only time I can get a train) so we can wait together!

Thank you! And yay! Itll be my sister and I, (Im Veronica and my sisters name is Jessica) more than likely wearing green day shirts 😂 cant wait to see ya there!! 

Just got the word from my boss that I'm off Friday!! Let's boogie!!! Driving from central NJ so I'm shooting to be in line by 5/530. Last NY show at Webster I couldn't score a ticket so let's hope this makes up for that!! There's no tickets for this right?

26 minutes ago, BillieMyIdol1996 said:

Just got the word from my boss that I'm off Friday!! Let's boogie!!! Driving from central NJ so I'm shooting to be in line by 5/530. Last NY show at Webster I couldn't score a ticket so let's hope this makes up for that!! There's no tickets for this right?

Yes and no. 1iota is "selling" (they're free) tickets on their website, but even the tickets themselves say you do not need a ticket to attend... I got one just in case, though.

I was doing some googling; someone said in 2015 for the One Direction show, they let all VIP ticket holders in first, and they had their own section right in front of the stage. So it's looking like anyone without VIP has no chance of getting in the front row because it's a closed of section. :(

14 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I was doing some googling; someone said in 2015 for the One Direction show, they let all VIP ticket holders in first, and they had their own section right in front of the stage. So it's looking like anyone without VIP has no chance of getting in the front row because it's a closed of section. :(

Let's hope VIP is just the 100 Idiot Nation winners, that's not too bad.

6 hours ago, so-unholy said:

Let's hope VIP is just the 100 Idiot Nation winners, that's not too bad.

It's not about the number but rather that it's sectioned off. I can easily make my way to the front of 100 people, but if it's barricaded off, there's nothing you can do. But hey, maybe some people won't show and they'll let some of the non-VIPers in. Im still gonna enjoy seeing my favorite band for free on a beautiful day no matter where I end up, of course. 

21 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

@Scattered Wreck I didn't realise this was free - can't you pack a picnic & have quality family time in the park:)

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are still in school.  I wish I could but it will just not work right now. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

It's not about the number but rather that it's sectioned off. I can easily make my way to the front of 100 people, but if it's barricaded off, there's nothing you can do. But hey, maybe some people won't show and they'll let some of the non-VIPers in. Im still gonna enjoy seeing my favorite band for free on a beautiful day no matter where I end up, of course. 

Is it definitely sectioned off? And does everyone with a ticket from 1iota have the same GA ticket? Or do some people that have been to their events before have VIP tickets?

The funny thing about Idiot Nation is that people complain when they don't give their fans good shit, and when they do - hey, look! People still complain.

7 hours ago, so-unholy said:

Is it definitely sectioned off?

They never said anything for sure. They just said the Idiot Nation contest winners will have a "special designated area for Idiot Nation members only". Whether that means in the front, off to the side, etc -- not sure. I was just looking up info on past concerts where they said there was an area directly in front of the stage for VIP that was barricaded off. Not sure if they will be doing that for Green Day.

6 hours ago, belinda jane said:

The funny thing about Idiot Nation is that people complain when they don't give their fans good shit, and when they do - hey, look! People still complain.

I don't think anyone is complaining; we're just debating on if it's "worth it" to line up if there's a 0% chance anyone without VIP can get in the front. I'm definitely happy that they're giving away free VIP rather than charging $450 for it, and I'm not gonna complain about seeing Green Day for free on a beautiful day!

From what I've seen with GMA concerts is that it looks like the barrier can hold more than 100 people per row? (Or it may just be the camera angles)

My friend and I will get there at maybe 3/4 AM Friday morning. Hopefully someone will be there to let us know what's going on 

I'm looking forward to this, as it's more pro-shot material (poorly mixed probably, MTV are the only who usually do an ok job, everybody else seems to be clueless, but whatever). I'm interested to see what they'll play. My guess would be: Bang Bang, Rev Rad and Still Breathing, plus one old song like Basket Case or American Idiot. However, they might also play something different like Say Goodbye, Too Dumb To Die or Forever Now... I don't think they'll play anything acoustic. But we'll see. 

The last setlists were:

SEPTEMBER 14 2012 : Rooftop 

1. Oh Love

2. Holiday

3. Basket Case

4. Stay the Night

All songs were aired (as there's no real audience on the rooftop to play to otherwise).

MAY 22 2009: Central Park (like the upcoming concert)

1. Longview (partial)

2. She

3. Know Your Enemy

4. American Idiot

5. 21st Century Breakdown

6. East Jesus Nowhere

7. The Static Age

8. Jesus of Suburbia

Here: She and Longview were partially aired (snippets before the interview), Jesus of Suburbia wasn't aired at all, all others (so 5 tracks) were aired in their entirety.

Note: Soundchecked songs were: Know Your Enemy, Murder City, 21st Century Breakdown, At the Library (though this was partial), and American Idiot.

So um, based off of circumstances, I don't think I'll be able to go to this anymore. I really thought I'd be able to go to NYC in the middle of the night, but one of the professors whose class I have tomorrow is giving us options on what to attend for a lecture, and it involves tonight or tomorrow in class, and seeing as how I have a different class tonight, I definitely can't miss what we're doing in class.

Sigh.

Will be watching on TV as much as I can!  Hope you all have a wonderful time !

I'll have to wait and watch it online because I'll be at work when they're on. Darn work, it ruins all my fun. Haha :P

18 minutes ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

http://www.greenday.com/news/green-day-open-good-morning-americas-2017-summer-concert-series-friday-42391

So...this a thing. 

I am really unsure what VIP means. If it means the Idiot Nation winners or if it means the GMA ticket group that is on 1iota's tickets. 

It definitely means the Idiot Nation winners. As for who else is VIP, not sure. No one I knew has a VIP 1iota ticket. So maybe it's for people who work for the press and stuff. And anyone on their guest list. That kind of stuff. 

Archived