Green Day on GMA May 19th

Jean

1 hour ago, James11693 said:

What are the chances they'll play a secret show that weekend? 

Billie loves doing secret shows in NY with his NY friends... Good thinking! 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love going to this , but alas, because I am still at Uni, I can't go.
I told my mom about this, and she was all for going, until I reminded her that GMA is the one people line up really early for. Well, that stopped her.

Really wish I was going to this. I've only attended the GMA series twice (Today Show series once) , and it's quite fun. Sucks to see everyone leave their trash lined up and all, but eh, that's people for you.

30 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

I told my mom about this, and she was all for going, until I reminded her that GMA is the one people line up really early for. Well, that stopped her.

Really wish I was going to this. I've only attended the GMA series twice (Today Show series once) , and it's quite fun. Sucks to see everyone leave their trash lined up and all, but eh, that's people for you.

Do you know what time the line usually starts filling up? 

33 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Really? In 2012 I got there around 4 am and there were less than ten people, and not many people came after me until 7 am. That was for a regular GMA performance and not a summer concert series though, but someone just told me for the summer concert series in 2009, they got there at 6:30 and were second row. 

3 hours ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

I'm definitely going to try to go this time! (since last time I was in High School and couldn't get out of it)

I'm expecting Still Breathing, Bang Bang (or maybe even Revolution Radio), and When I Come Around or a "classic" as the televised set.

But I hope we get treated to a rarity or some other songs that won't be aired. 

Wouldn't surprise me much since that happened in 2009 (I cut high school to go)

side note-I never heard they got "banned" from GMA. I know they weren't happy & got a little panicked in 2009 cuz they were playing songs during the commercial breaks & when GMA made them stop for a weather break the crowd chanted "fuck the weather" so the PAs were scrambling trying to get everyone quiet

Fuck The Weather

Something cool about seeing them perform out in the sun. They even played non singles last time so maybe they will again.

"Good Morning American Idiot" and Billie Joe got the crowd to sing "Subliminal mindfuck America" on live TV.

13 hours ago, Todd said:

:lol: 

Lol! Seems legit

Edit: I got tickets for this regardless (not that tickets are always necessary, but they do then to check for them, so , just in case... go to 1iota), and I've been debating how much my grade will be impacted if I miss class on Friday. Welp.

11 hours ago, James11693 said:

Do you know what time the line usually starts filling up? 

11 hours ago, Lauren said:

Really? In 2012 I got there around 4 am and there were less than ten people, and not many people came after me until 7 am. That was for a regular GMA performance and not a summer concert series though, but someone just told me for the summer concert series in 2009, they got there at 6:30 and were second row. 

Well, I attended one in 2015 and another one in 2016. 
The 2015 show was for One Direction (slight cringe, but it was still decent) and well, you can imagine the craziness behind that. I believe some people were there a few days early, but the line was 4 blocks down around 3am, and then it stormed overnight as well, so that was delightful for them... I arrived around 6:30am, and well, I could see, but it wasn't a great spot (again, as expected).

The 2016 show was for Blink 182. I arrived around 6:00am, and well, people were already being let inside the park. Inside, they separate the audience in sections, I was in the 5th-7th row of the second section in front of the stage. There is a photo below for reference. Decent view, I guess. 

If anything, the GD appearance will be most similar to the one for Blink in terms of audience arrival and attendance. It just really depends on who is performing. Either way, I think you should be alright should you arrive, heck, even around 7am.

So my tickets just got confirmed by 1iota. Do they confirm everyone, or is there a cut off?

I was in high school when they did this for 21 Century Breakdown so I couldn't miss it this time around. I'm excited now and I know I'll have fun, but man am I going to hate myself at 3am next Friday!

1 minute ago, spider man. said:

So my tickets just got confirmed by 1iota. Do they confirm everyone, or is there a cut off?

I was in high school when they did this for 21 Century Breakdown so I couldn't miss it this time around. I'm excited now and I know I'll have fun, but man am I going to hate myself at 3am next Friday!

I believe there is a cut off (really depends on the artist, as I've been waitlisted until the evening before the show), but many people show up at the park without 1iota tickets and still get in. If anything, it's somewhat more of a formality to see-oh, this is the response, from this we can estimate how many people with tix will show up, account for x number of people that show up without, etc. 

you'll hate and love yourself at 3am XD

Just got my ticket confirmed :D

right on my ticket 

"Tickets are not required; the concert viewing area is open to both 1iota ticket holders and walk ups." 

1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

I believe there is a cut off (really depends on the artist, as I've been waitlisted until the evening before the show), but many people show up at the park without 1iota tickets and still get in. If anything, it's somewhat more of a formality to see-oh, this is the response, from this we can estimate how many people with tix will show up, account for x number of people that show up without, etc. 

you'll hate and love yourself at 3am XD

Thank you!

I'm nervous I won't get there early enough to make it in/be able to even see them. If I get there around 5:30, should I be fine?

I thought that Good Morning America is not the concert with normal stage but THIS: 

1 minute ago, spider man. said:

Thank you!

I'm nervous I won't get there early enough to make it in/be able to even see them. If I get there around 5:30, should I be fine?

Yup, you should be alright :)

If I remember correctly, from a show I attended there in 2011, the capacity is around 5k people? (Don't quote me on that though). You should definitely be alright arriving at 5:30am (the Blink shot above was my spot when I arrived on the line around 6am and got in the venue around 7am.)

1 minute ago, Metadon said:

I thought that Good Morning America is not the concert with normal stage but THIS: 

GMA (and the Today Show) both have "summer concert series" and those take place:

GMA: Central Park, or there is a performance in Times Square (except for a handful, most of the shows take place in Central Park)
Today Show: Rockefeller Center 

That GMA performance from 2012 was not a part of the summer concert series. I believe that was in Mid-Sept, and the concert series end around the end of August/beginning of September.

*writes in planner*

Set DVR for May 19!

I'll be home that day, but I'm no good at actually tuning in for these summer concerts lol

What does it mean when they let you confirm your own tickets? Does that mean the tickets are good? Or do you still have to wait for them to get back to you? 

36 minutes ago, James11693 said:

What does it mean when they let you confirm your own tickets? Does that mean the tickets are good? Or do you still have to wait for them to get back to you? 

Once I confirmed the ticket I was given a ticket to print within a minute

this should be fun for everyone going.  congrats on those who get tickets!!

Even though the ticket is technically not required (unless they do suddenly invoke a Priority holder line like they do for everything else 1iota have but it is highly doubt-able with a concert like this) I got a ticket anyways because I do have an account with 1iota and figured why not. 

this'd be the perfect reason to skip school, too bad i'm about 3-4 hours away :lol::ermm:

13 hours ago, chrism17 said:
  • Fuck The Weather
  • Something cool about seeing them perform out in the sun. They even played non singles last time so maybe they will again.
  • "Good Morning American Idiot" and Billie Joe got the crowd to sing "Subliminal mindfuck America" on live TV.

:D:D:D  :ga:

2 hours ago, Makingyourmascarableed said:

Even though the ticket is technically not required (unless they do suddenly invoke a Priority holder line like they do for everything else 1iota have but it is highly doubt-able with a concert like this) I got a ticket anyways because I do have an account with 1iota and figured why not. 

My thoughts exactly. 
Tickets aren't always enforced (it's an open space, so they really can't), but as I do have 1iota, well, why not.

So what time do they typically film the concert series performances? I work remotely and could probably just work from a cafe in the city after the show if it's not too late. 

6 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

So what time do they typically film the concert series performances? I work remotely and could probably just work from a cafe in the city after the show if it's not too late. 

From 7 am to 9 am

Archived