Green Day on GMA May 19th

Jean

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well aren't they cute :runaround:

Never heard of this before, how long/what kind of a performance can we expect?

Last 5 minutes or so, you see them reveal "Green Day".

6 minutes ago, Heather. said:

Is this live in Central Park?

Yes.

Youd think theyd be able to speak in time with each other... arent they in a band or something? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Youd think theyd be able to speak in time with each other... arent they in a band or something? :lol:

Yeah but that would be boring :D  Wonder how Tré intends to top his performance from 2009 (which I forgot that I'd seen before)

Spoiler

By the way Billie you got that wrong, it's it ain't summer without yo leg muscles

I thought they were banned from GMA after the last time but can't remember why. Probably for swearing but not sure.

Really wish I could go to NY for this. Last time I didn't know about it in advance but could have gin5e. Not this year, sadly.

So what songs will we get?

36 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Yes but they're also a bunch of dorks :lol: 

Well the last time they were on it was very entertaining so I look forward to this!

Yeeeaaahhhs!!!  finally something notable on television!!!

Me:  *sees thread topic and instantly starts convulsing in excitement*

I've got no interest in flying over to New York. Awesome for the fans that get to go though!

Does anyone know if this is something that can be viewed by fans outside of America?  Is it like Reading and Leeds which show the whole performance it will it just be a couple songs?

This is only 2 days after RevRad is impacting the radio so it would be a good bit of promotion to show the performance of it.  I'm glad to see the promotion for this album is so much better than it was for the Trilogy.

5 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I thought they were banned from GMA after the last time but can't remember why. Probably for swearing but not sure.

:lol: 

Nice this is like the third time they have been featured on GMA

I'm definitely going to try to go this time! (since last time I was in High School and couldn't get out of it)

I'm expecting Still Breathing, Bang Bang (or maybe even Revolution Radio), and When I Come Around or a "classic" as the televised set.

But I hope we get treated to a rarity or some other songs that won't be aired. 

17 minutes ago, Todd said:

Well that was incredibly, um,.. sad

12 minutes ago, Todd said:

What an utter load of BS! I guess I don't know what time they "had" to be there, but I don't think they were late. They pulled up probably around 5-5:30 AM. I remember how tired we all were, we didn't even say anything as they walked right up to us. They were cheerful and said "Hi guys!" as they walked in. No one bothered them or asked for autographs or anything; again we were just so tired and in disbelief they were 6 inches away from us and it all happened so fast. 

Then, during the news and before they played, they all came down to meet us. We couldn't actually go see the performance because it was up on the roof which was too small and dangerous to have fans on, so them coming down to meet us was super sweet. They looked tired as fudge (don't forget they did America's Got Talent the night before, which I was at as well, so I felt their pain), but they were still happy. Mike and Billie were happily signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone. Tre was a little grumpy and refusing to take pics but I don't think he told anyone to "fuck off" (and this person claims Billie is the one who did it anyway). He was mostly just quiet and stood back while Mike and Billie were talking to everyone.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A MAN WHO JUST TOLD SOMEONE TO FUCK OFF???!!!!?

dyobas.gif

What are the chances they'll play a secret show that weekend? 

12 minutes ago, James11693 said:

What are the chances they'll play a secret show that weekend? 

Omg don't even tease me. I'm finally old enough to go to their 21+ shows. Jdkskshsldskahdhjslajfhfk

I love being in NYC and on my own schedule.  Means I can totally go to this.

1 hour ago, Todd said:

I thought there was an incident at the Central Park one.  At least that's the one I was thinking of. 

But thanks for finding this one too.

I went to a show like this last summer. It was really fun, you can go in early and also catch the soundcheck. The one I saw had 4 songs (3 were televised and the other one was for audience there and was available online). The sound check was like 2 songs.  So overall I was able to hear 6 songs and a short interview as well. Not sure if it'll be the same for GD.

If anyone can make it please do, it's definitely worth it, also please be really loud for GD!! This is televised so we want people to see how passionate GD fans are!

Archived