Is it just me or does Tré look tired?

runnerbeany

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jaded Idiot said:

He's not bored, he's concentrating! Drumming is really hard.

I never said it was easy!

It's just in the older videos he looked much more energetic. Maybe it's just time.

Yes, he's mostly concentrating, not to mention that drumming requires some serious effort, it's quite hard work and the older you get, the harder it becomes. I think mostly, this is his age showing and his physical condition (which is also influenced by his overall health, so the fact that he's slightly overweight and that the footage you showed was after a break when he hadn't played for a while probably contributes to the exhaustion...)

Just now, MilleniumFan said:

Yes he's mostly concentrating, not to mention that drumming requires some serious effort, it's quite hard work and the older you get, the harder it becomes. I think mostly, this is his age showing, his physical condition (which a small part is also his overall health, so the fact that he's slightly overweight and the footage you showed was after a break when he hadn't played for a while.

ahh i see. I kinda want to go to a Green Day concert while Holiday is still on the setlist :D

But nevermind his outer appearance, he hasn't lost any of his skill and overal spirit! So don't worry, his drumming is still phenomenally good! 

35 minutes ago, runnerbeany said:

EDIT: there may be a megathread for this, if there is can a mod please point me in the right direction?

Only chance of a mega thread would be if it was BJ who looked tired😏

3 hours ago, runnerbeany said:

ahh i see. I kinda want to go to a Green Day concert while Holiday is still on the setlist :D

I hope they never stop playing Holiday!

5 hours ago, runnerbeany said:

Yeah, i don't really anticipate that happening any time soon. Or ever.

God I love these cheerful mortality threads :lol::dry:

7 hours ago, runnerbeany said:

I've noticed on some videos that Tré (and Billie, but mainly Tré) look bored when playing songs like Holiday - example:

Example: 

First image is 2016, second is ~2005

May just be me, but idk

EDIT: there may be a megathread for this, if there is can a mod please point me in the right direction?

Dude, he's 10 years older in the first photo than he is in the second.  Nobody can be 20 forever, unfortunately.

He looked fine in the February tour, he probs was a little rusty after a big break between tours 

We can joke about them appearing to not age but the thing is, they are aging, like everyone else in the world. If it takes a little more out of him to play shit than it did ten years ago, so what?

Not to mention that a snapshot of one millisecond of Tre where he happens to not be smiling isn't indicative of how he feels overall when playing. 

The second photo is taken from Bullet In A Bible and they worked their asses off to look good & entertaining there as they recorded the whole concert & it was one of the biggest they ever played I think. In fact, they looked in the AI Era so fucking tired at some shows.

You always have to consider the environment of the show. I'm not sure, but I think your picture was taken from this Red Bull live thing? They clearly did not enjoy that gig as the crowd was lame af. So I think it's quite understandable that Tré is not having the time of his life.

Yeah I know what you mean, he's looked a bit off, probably just tiring more as he ages

12 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Only chance of a mega thread would be if it was BJ who looked tired😏

BJ always looks tired.

I'll make a thread when he doesn't.

43 minutes ago, SumDay said:

The second photo is taken from Bullet In A Bible and they worked their asses off to look good & entertaining there as they recorded the whole concert & it was one of the biggest they ever played I think. In fact, they looked in the AI Era so fucking tired at some shows.

You always have to consider the environment of the show. I'm not sure, but I think your picture was taken from this Red Bull live thing? They clearly did not enjoy that gig as the crowd was lame af. So I think it's quite understandable that Tré is not having the time of his life.

I agree with what you say pretty much 100%. Sure he's got older and his physical condition is not quite comparable to what it was. But as you say, the environment also plays a role. On the former image, he knew of the presence of the camera and knew that it was going to be turned into a live film (which is why he kept looking specifically at the camera during BIAB). The second image isn't actually at the Red Bull gig, it's at the Howard Stern Show, where he didn't actually have any audience AT ALL, so logically, he was just concentrating and focusing on his playing.

2 hours ago, Jenn. said:

Not to mention that a snapshot of one millisecond of Tre where he happens to not be smiling isn't indicative of how he feels overall when playing. 

Yeah it's a peeve of mine when people try to judge someone's mood or how they're feeling etc from one still photo. It's impossible :lol:, people's facial expressions change by the second.

First off the person that said Slightly overweight????? hahah what? Jesus an extra pound or two is not overweight. He's older.. drumming isn't something that gets easier with age in my opinion. When you're young its easier to look as if exerting all that energy is no big deal but over time joints get sore and what not but Tre can still fucking kill it. Just because his facial expression shows that he's giving it his all doesn't mean he's tired. it just isn't as easy as it was when he was like 20 probably.  I dont know, i have no problems with his playing especially with the new record or any of the live videos of this recent tour so what do I know?

1 hour ago, inthehallwaynow said:

First off the person that said Slightly overweight????? hahah what? Jesus an extra pound or two is not overweight.

First of all, calm down! It was just an observation, ok? I think unlike Mike and Billie, he has put on a little bit of weight (as is, as you say, completely normal with age and after having not toured for a while) and all I said was, it could have an influence on his energy levels. I regard this to simply be a medical fact.

However, I didn't put much emphasis on it. All I said was, age and possibly the extra weight would make drumming more effort, thus making him seem more tired and exhausted. To quote myself:

Drumming requires some serious effort, it's quite hard work and the older you get, the harder it becomes. I think mostly, this is his age showing and his physical condition (which is also influenced by his overall health, so the fact that he's slightly overweight and that the footage you showed was after a break when he hadn't played for a while maybe contributes to the exhaustion...)

I did not say that it had any effect on his skill and playing though, on the contrary, to quote myself again:

But nevermind his outer appearance, he hasn't lost any of his skill and overal spirit! So don't worry, his drumming is still phenomenally good! 

26 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

First of all, calm down! It was just an observation, ok? I think unlike Mike and Billie, he has put on a little bit of weight (as is, as you say, completely normal with age and after having not toured for a while) and all I said was, it could have an influence on his energy levels. I regard this to simply be a medical fact.

However, I didn't put much emphasis on it. All I said was, age and possibly the extra weight would make drumming more effort, thus making him seem more tired and exhausted. To quote myself:

I did not say that it had any effect on his skill and playing though, on the contrary, to quote myself again:

Only the first part of my comment was directed at you sorry for the confusion and im perfectly calm how can you tell how calm or not i am through typing? I added so many question marks cause i just cant believe people think thats considered overweight hahah anyway sorry once again!

No problem and you're right, I can't tell, so that was a misplaced remark lol.

Archived