Is it just me or does Tré look tired?

runnerbeany

As someone whose played drums for around 8 years now, I can tell you drumming is very difficult and can be tiring, especially if you havent done it for awhile. That being said, i think Tre's drumming is as good as its ever been honestly. It baffles me that he can play 25+ songs with no breaks. Though when i watch him play now, his drumming looks almost effortless. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2017 at 4:19 AM, crock6000 said:

I only got about 6 posts into this thread before I had to clean up the vomit from all over me.

Lets start with I can find any two pictures of any one person on any day at any point in their lives and make it look like the OP.

Now let's add the over a decade between the two pics.

Finally on the shit feast that is this OP, let's add a dash of Tre almost unarguably did some of his best drumming on RevRad and what you have here is a failure of a thread.

Also, do you have any idea what it's like to play the same song every fucking day of your life? No, you don't.

Yep, i couldn't agree more. This thread actually kinda irritates me. I mean, believe it or not people don't look perfect 24/7, and though the guys are far from being old, they're not that young anymore. And whoever said it's because Tre is getting overweight- Really? REALLY?  He's just an averagely built guy, no different than half a million other 40something guys across america. Why do people always need something to pick on?

The last couple of times I've seen them, Tre looked like he was going to pass out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2017 at 4:19 AM, crock6000 said:

I only got about 6 posts into this thread before I had to clean up the vomit from all over me.

Lets start with I can find any two pictures of any one person on any day at any point in their lives and make it look like the OP.

Now let's add the over a decade between the two pics.

Finally on the shit feast that is this OP, let's add a dash of Tre almost unarguably did some of his best drumming on RevRad and what you have here is a failure of a thread.

Also, do you have any idea what it's like to play the same song every fucking day of your life? No, you don't.

Did you have a bad day?

On 4/28/2017 at 7:02 PM, MilleniumFan said:

Yes, he's mostly concentrating, not to mention that drumming requires some serious effort, it's quite hard work and the older you get, the harder it becomes. I think mostly, this is his age showing and his physical condition (which is also influenced by his overall health, so the fact that he's slightly overweight and that the footage you showed was after a break when he hadn't played for a while probably contributes to the exhaustion...)

DUDE Tre has always been chunky

Tbh, I sometimes don't really want to utter my opinion (although I thought that's what online forums such is this are for), because of people endlessly going on about something. It would make life much easier... But, again, I do think he's slightly overweight and more so now than previously (so on the 99 Revolutions Tour and 21st Century Breakdown). Sure, his weight must have fluctuated, but I think it's more evident now.

The end.

That's my opinion.

Look at the pictures / videos and just decide for yourself. It's all speculation anyway, as no one has his medical records. And at the end of the day, it's insignificant... Why make such a big deal about it? 

Lol at people getting butthurt at facts again. Tre is actually overweight. It really doesn't matter how many other Americans are. It's blindingly obvious from pictures, videos and seeing him in person. I'm not saying if that affects his drumming or not but let's not be ridiculous here, if it's being discussed be honest, he's put on weight. 

2012 MTV awards

green_day_pg774588.jpg

2012 on his IG

Instagram-photos-tre-cool-31983427-612-6

March 16th 2017 posted by Sara

I don't believe anyone's saying he hasn't put on weight. The point is just because someone has put on a bit of weight it doesn't mean you can judge anything about their health from it. For all we know he could have also built up muscle and find drumming easier than when he was slimmer with less muscle, who knows. Weight isn't the sole indicator of how healthy or physically able someone is.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:30 AM, Jesus of Seneca said:

whoever said it's because Tre is getting overweight- Really? REALLY?  He's just an averagely built guy, no different than half a million other 40something guys across america. 

19 hours ago, Hell Cat Troll said:

DUDE Tre has always been chunky

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't believe anyone's saying he hasn't put on weight. 

Just two examples. I didn't bother going back any further. 

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Just two examples. I didn't bother going back any further. 

Well yeah, but he has generally been a bit chunky most of his life and his weight gain isn't exactly dramatic so maybe it's more that it just isn't worth commenting on. I don't think people are butthurt about facts, they're just annoyed by pointless and over the top scrutinizing of the guy's age and weight.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Well yeah, but he has generally been a bit chunky most of his life and his weight gain isn't exactly dramatic so maybe it's more that it just isn't worth commenting on. I don't think people are butthurt about facts, they're just annoyed by pointless and over the top scrutinizing of the guy's age and weight.

From what I saw one person suggested his weight gain over the years may have made it harder for him to drum etc (which as I said earlier I have no interest in discussing) and all hell broke loose with people getting angry that his weight had become a topic. That's fair enough. Nobody's weight is anybodys business. But maybe that's what should have been said and nothing more. Get mad and say why are you discussing this? Or its none of your business or whatever but it's silly to pretend Tre actually hasn't gained weight and once *you engage in THAT argument then *you are also scrutinising his weight. 

Ps. The *you I'm referring to is the people who were annoyed about the scrutinising.

Can't wait to read this thread, and others, in ten years time lol!  

I'm just happy people don't critique my personal appearance after being run ragged all weekend (and up all night) trying to care for little kids. We all age- no newsflash there. Is it Monday yet so I can get back to the office and get some peace and quiet?!

Archived