Green Day fan documentary: submit your stories and fanart!

solongfromthestars

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Thanks @Maria Gloria!! Ordered a copy :D 

Amazing! I'll let you know when it ships :D 

Yay :happy: Pay day tomorrow so placing my order then. Also I have to say I'm quite curious about this six chin bill, haha

Wow, previews look great, can't wait to get my copy! Just placed my order. 

So an update: I'll be making the order this Sunday. It'll take a few days for me to receive the books, then I'll post them the next day and will let you all know when I do. They'll be shipped by whichever option matches your shipping charge, which for UK orders will be Royal Mail 1st Class and for international orders will be Royal Mail International Standard.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to get a bulk discount - I'd need hundreds of orders to get one. I am trying to get 15% off the order with a print selfie so hopefully that'll work :lol:

Thank you so much to everyone who ordered one so far! 

21 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

So an update: I'll be making the order this Sunday. It'll take a few days for me to receive the books, then I'll post them the next day and will let you all know when I do. They'll be shipped by whichever option matches your shipping charge, which for UK orders will be Royal Mail 1st Class and for international orders will be Royal Mail International Standard.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to get a bulk discount - I'd need hundreds of orders to get one. I am trying to get 15% off the order with a print selfie so hopefully that'll work :lol:

Thank you so much to everyone who ordered one so far! 

I just remembered you're coming to Luxembourg, I was gonna be cheeky and ask if you could maybe bring mine there if it makes it easier but it's probably too late now :lol:

43 minutes ago, Yaz. said:

I just remembered you're coming to Luxembourg, I was gonna be cheeky and ask if you could maybe bring mine there if it makes it easier but it's probably too late now :lol:

I'll definitely bring it if it arrives in time!

19 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

I'll definitely bring it if it arrives in time!

Eeee thanks :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

The books were all shipped today!! Except yours @Yaz. because it's coming to Luxembourg, will give you your £2.50 back when it's reached you safely :D 

They're still available here if anyone else would like one, I've just had to put the price up to £14.99 since I could only use my 15% off code once.

If you missed out on being part of the book, you're also still totally welcome to submit stories to the tumblr to be featured on there and if I make another book, I'll include you in it.

I'll try to get a copy to the band at one of the European shows or on the US summer tour.

Royal Mail's estimated delivery times are:

UK orders: 1-2 working days

European orders: 3-5 working days

US orders: 5-7 working days

19051738_1907696326150767_22698170726429

41 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

The books were all shipped today!! Except yours @Yaz. because it's coming to Luxembourg, will give you your £2.50 back when it's reached you safely :D 

They're still available here if anyone else would like one, I've just had to put the price up to £14.99 since I could only use my 15% off code once.

If you missed out on being part of the book, you're also still totally welcome to submit stories to the tumblr to be featured on there and if I make another book, I'll include you in it.

I submitted a story but i may or may not have goofed and forgot to press submit but i cant remember lol is there a way you could verify if my story made it in?

6 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I submitted a story but i may or may not have goofed and forgot to press submit but i cant remember lol is there a way you could verify if my story made it in?

I just checked and it didn't unfortunately, hope you saved it! Looking forward to reading it anyway :) 

1 minute ago, Maria Gloria said:

I just checked and it didn't unfortunately, hope you saved it! Looking forward to reading it anyway :) 

Darn oh well i'll just submit a new one for the next book!

2 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

I'll try to get a copy to the band at one of the European shows or on the US summer tour.

Royal Mail's estimated delivery times are:

UK orders: 1-2 working days

European orders: 3-5 working days

US orders: 5-7 working days

19051738_1907696326150767_22698170726429

56 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Just saw this now. Looks awesome! Is it a book we can buy? :D:D 

The link is in this quote 

MY COPY HAS JUST ARRIVED AND ITS WELL DESIGNED AND THE PAPER ALSO FEELS GREAT, AND ITS SO NICE TO READ

Got my book today and it's absolutely amazing, thank you!  Really looking forward to reading it in depth over the next couple of days.

My copy arrived in the USA and I immediately read it cover to cover! It's so neat how these stories span the globe. Two reoccurring themes I noticed popping up were the significance of the band because of the sense of community and the relationships that were forged because of them, and how they transcend being "just a band" because they have changed their fans or impacted their lives in such a huge way they wouldn't have felt otherwise. I know my story touched upon both of these themes. 

Maria, thanks again for the opportunity! I really hope you get a chance to give a copy to the band, because I think they would be so honored to hear just a handful of the personalized stories from their fans that they have touched in such a meaningful way. 

Bravo to all involved!

So happy the books are arriving and you guys like them!! :D I'm really glad I was able to do it, I love all the stories and it's absolutely proof of how the band bring people together and change their lives.

I tried to pass one to Billie last night but the stage was too high. He saw it and smiled though! Will try again in Sheffield.

Mine came today, looks lovely :wub: I'll make time to read it properly tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I found six chin Bill, haha!

• 1 month later...

So I showed this work to some professionals at my London exhibition and their reactions were all really positive! A lady who used to be a music magazine editor said it's ideal material for publication and gave me some great pointers, so I'll definitely be trying to get it out that way :D

I won't share all the stories because that wouldn't be fair to the people who bought the book, but here are a few!

scan-5_orig.jpg

scan-15_orig.jpg

scan-13_orig.jpg

And this is mine.

tumblr_otahdqNCk21wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otahdqNCk21wnd24ho2_1280.jpg

Also here are a few photos from the most recent shows!

tumblr_oszm9qunXR1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_orplf51z801wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_orpls5RrLm1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

2 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

So I showed this work to some professionals at my London exhibition and their reactions were all really positive! A lady who used to be a music magazine editor said it's ideal material for publication and gave me some great pointers, so I'll definitely be trying to get it out that way :D

I won't share all the stories because that wouldn't be fair to the people who bought the book, but here are a few!

scan-5_orig.jpg

scan-15_orig.jpg

scan-13_orig.jpg

And this is mine.

tumblr_otahdqNCk21wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otahdqNCk21wnd24ho2_1280.jpg

Also here are a few photos from the most recent shows!

tumblr_oszm9qunXR1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_orplf51z801wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_orpls5RrLm1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

Go ahead and share mine!! It's great that you got great fed back for a really good project 

Oh shoot I didn't notice this project, I was on holiday when you started this thread :happy: Great stuff, @Maria Gloria, I will definitely order a copy! Is there still any chance I could participate, or is this the final version you're trying to put out? Good luck with everything!

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

Oh shoot I didn't notice this project, I was on holiday when you started this thread :happy: Great stuff, @Maria Gloria, I will definitely order a copy! Is there still any chance I could participate, or is this the final version you're trying to put out? Good luck with everything!

Thank you 💖 You can still participate! I'll be making another book at some point, and if I do publish it "properly" it'll be the later version :)

Here's a cute scan of the US tour confetti, just because

20181360_457073311337386_806114101024522

Archived