Green Day to appear on the late late show Corden

BucksCoEric

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike's birthday!  

This is obviously prerecorded since they will be in Australia.   Could it be carpool karaoke!!??  :runaround:

Sweet Jesus please!

Maybe it's those "riff-off or battle segments", where the guest and James Corden perform together back and forth. If so, it's great coz they are like 10 mins long.

You guys can check out the one with Queen, Adam Lambert on youtube to see what it is.

Well whatever it is, even if it's just to perform one song, it's exciting!!

I really hope its not car car karaoke cause all that business is like james trying to upstage the people he sings with. "Come.. lets sing together but ima sing louder and try to nail the notes that you a working musician can already sing!" I hope its just the GD boys and no collaborating. I'M A GRUMP.

Wow, when I saw this I assumed they were just re-airing the old episode (GD's social media is not always reliable!)

24 minutes ago, so-unholy said:

Wow, when I saw this I assumed they were just re-airing the old episode (GD's social media is not always reliable!)

Nope! Appears to be a new episode, the other special guests are different - http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-LATE-LATE-SHOW-WITH-JAMES-CORDEN-426-54-on-CBS-20170426

Though I don't know how far in advance these episodes are taped because they'll be in Australia then. They very well could have played two songs last time and they're airing the second one. That or they're being lazy and replaying the old clip.

Edit: Just found an old GDA article from the first time they played and apparently they performed "Still Breathing" as well so they're probably airing that.

20 minutes ago, Liam said:

Edit: Just found an old GDA article from the first time they played and apparently they performed "Still Breathing" as well so they're probably airing that.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Last time they filmed the episode the day it aired so the show is probably scheduled like that all the time. No point promoting Still Breathing now that Revolution Radio is about to hit the airwaves but they don't seem to care!

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Nope! Appears to be a new episode, the other special guests are different - http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-LATE-LATE-SHOW-WITH-JAMES-CORDEN-426-54-on-CBS-20170426

Though I don't know how far in advance these episodes are taped because they'll be in Australia then. They very well could have played two songs last time and they're airing the second one. That or they're being lazy and replaying the old clip.

Noooooo please not Still Breathing!!! 

4 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I really hope its not car car karaoke cause all that business is like james trying to upstage the people he sings with. "Come.. lets sing together but ima sing louder and try to nail the notes that you a working musician can already sing!" I hope its just the GD boys and no collaborating. I'M A GRUMP.

Well, even though the evidence @Liam provided doesn't point to carpool karaoke, I think that would be best in terms of promotion, because these videos are always insanely popular on YouTube...

3 hours ago, Liam said:

I really doubt they will do still breathing again,  just before revolution radio ( the song) comes out as a single, they have had a big gap between touring ? Maybe to film stuff

Pleeeease carpool karaoke! :D the guys don't get to do silly stuff often enough. Though aren't the karaokes announced in advance with a preview or something?

5 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I dislike James Corden and I dislike carpool karaoke but I'd still want to see GD do it :lol:. I guess they probably will just play the single so I won't get my hopes up for it but it would be hilarious.

Carpool kareoke please please!! I've dreamed of them doing it. The RHCP one was so good. I watched a few episodes of it. 

Green Day would be a dream for Carpool Kareoke just for Tre alone. Do they usually the guest for that segment a secret until it airs? I find it kind of weird that the tweet about the appearance has no details. And it would make no sense to show an old performance of Still Breathing, absolutely useless.

I really hope they do carpool karaoke.   I'm less interested in the actual karaoke part of it than I am in the shenanigans that go on.  Our guys are so goofy that it would be so much fun.

I'm not a fan of carpool karaoke either. I just don't get it. When I first heard about it, I thought it was artists singing other people's songs, not their own. It's quite boring. The only I really liked was Bruno Mars. But if Green Day were on there, I'd watch of course :D 

I'm getting flashbacks of James Corden laughing way too hard at everything they said.

23 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

I'm getting flashbacks of James Corden laughing way too hard at everything they said.

And he brilliant expression on Tre's face in particular lol

Yes, but it says on the TV program that they're ''performing'', so Still Breathing sadly seems more likely, even if it would mean a bad choice of song given the circumstances and also missed opportunity (I mean, I always wanted Green Day in Carpool Karaoke just for the promotion alone. The Red Hot Chilly Peppers went, so why the hell can't Green Day?)

4 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Still Breathing sadly seems more likely, even if it would mean a bad choice of song given the circumstances 

Why is it a bad choice of song? I've actually been disappointed they haven't been playing Still Breathing on all these TV performances they've been doing. Still Breathing is a very radio-friendly song that a wide variety of people can enjoy. I think it's a great choice to play for these TV appearances. The idea of going on the shows is to promote the band, and I think that will have the best chance of succeeding compared to a heavier and/or political song.

I disagree. I think it's a bad choice, because:

1. Revolution Radio is about to hit the airwaves

2. I don't think it's that good live in a studio setting. It's great in a concert arena, but the dry acousitics  / lack of resonance in the TV studio just amplifies the fact that Billie really struggles with this song. On the other hand, Revolution Radio and Bang Bang have as you said already been played in many other studios...

If I were in charge of promotion at Green Day, I think two things would be a good idea:

1. Something like Car pool karaoke

2. Propperly mixed / mastered live recording of one or a few songs at a Green Day venue (such as the MTV World stage 2009 performance). Why? Green Day are great live, but especially so at their own shows. I think people should get to see them when they're fully in their element.

3 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

I disagree. It's a bad choice, because:

1. Revolution Radio is about to hit the airwaves

2. I don't think it's that good live in a studio setting. It's great in a concert arena, but the dry acousitics  / lack of resonance in the TV studio just amplifies the fact that Billie really struggles with this song. On the other hand, Revolution Radio and Bang Bang have as you said already been played in many other studios...

If I were in charge of promotion at Green Day, I think two things would be a good idea:

1. Something like Car pool karaoke

2. Propperly mixed / mastered live recording of one or a few songs at a Green Day venue (such as the MTV World stage 2009 performance). Why? Green Day are great live, but especially so at their own shows. People need to see them when they're fully in their element.

Everything you said x 100, very well put. I looked at the Get Tickets link for the show and May 4 is not on there, although other dates that week are. That would lead one to believe that it's a rerun of their previous appearance, but as someone pointed out above the list of guests is different. So if it's not a rerun and it isn't being recorded that day, maybe it was recorded recently for the 4th and they performed Revolution Radio or did Carpool Kareoke, or both. Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up.

Archived