Alternative Press Music Awards 2017

tomdsjames

Green Day have been nominated for artist of the year in the 2017 AP Music Awards.

You can vote for them online here

SWMRs also have a nomination for new artists music video, if you fancy supporting Billie Joe's son's band. ;)

There is no information yet on who is going to be performing at the show but they usually have performances from nominees.  The Awards take place on July 17th when there is a gap in Green Day's tour so fingers crossed!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

Green Day have been nominated for artist of the year in the 2017 AP Music Awards.

You can vote for them online here

SWMRs also have a nomination for new artists music video, if you fancy supporting Billie Joe's son's band. ;)

There is no information yet on who is going to be performing at the show but they usually have performances from nominees.  The Awards take place on July 17th when there is a gap in Green Day's tour so fingers crossed!

Do you know where it takes place? 

I doubt Green Day will play there. Unfortunately since it's in Ohio and it's still a new, growing awards show, they usually don't get too many big acts (I was able to get a press pass the last two years because they're still fairly small, local events). If Green Day were performing, they likely would've already announced them on their website as a performer because it'd be a huge draw for ticket purchases:

http://www.altpress.com/apmas2017_home

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Do you know where it takes place? 

It's in Cleveland at Quicken Loans Arena (although they had to move it to Columbus last year because of the Republican National Convention).

I've already voted for Swmrs but didn't see that Green Day were nominated, oops. Don't like these votes that make you leave a bunch of info though, jut let me tick a box and be done with it

At least maybe they'll do a funny acceptance video if they win

Nice to see Green Day nominated, it's a tough category though.  

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I doubt Green Day will play there. Unfortunately since it's in Ohio and it's still a new, growing awards show, they usually don't get too many big acts (I was able to get a press pass the last two years because they're still fairly small, local events). If Green Day were performing, they likely would've already announced them on their website as a performer because it'd be a huge draw for ticket purchases:

http://www.altpress.com/apmas2017_home

It's a possibility, the awards show is definitely growing and Andy Biersack, who's relatively big, is hosting.  I do, however, agree that it's unlikely that Green Day will perform as it's not quite big enough for them just yet.  Would be awesome if they did, but not likely given how many performers they've already announced.

Also, if people want to drop in a vote for Creeper in the Breakthrough Band category that'd be awesome, they're really deserving of the award.

5 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Also, if people want to drop in a vote for Creeper in the Breakthrough Band category that'd be awesome, they're really deserving of the award.

Don't remember for sure but I think I voted for them in some category, just because I've seen the name around here and elsewhere. Honestly haven't heard of half of these bands/people, I feel so old and un-hip!

Even if they don't perform at the show, any chance they will make an appearance? This isn't too far from me and I'm thinking about purchasing a ticket

Still think SWMRS should win, they're doing really good this year! I don't think they deserve being slapped with the label Billie Joe's son's band, though, they are entirely their own group. Can't wait to see them in Pittsburgh in July :D

9 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

It's a possibility, the awards show is definitely growing and Andy Biersack, who's relatively big, is hosting.  I do, however, agree that it's unlikely that Green Day will perform as it's not quite big enough for them just yet.  Would be awesome if they did, but not likely given how many performers they've already announced.

I liked it better when Alex & Jack were hosting. And I voted for Creeper for you! 

How is Neck deep nominated for best vocals tho? :lol:

2 hours ago, Beathe. said:

I liked it better when Alex & Jack were hosting. And I voted for Creeper for you! 

How is Neck deep nominated for best vocals tho? :lol:

Yay!  I'm interested to see how Andy is, but I did like Alex and Jack.  They'll be there performing this year though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing something on stage.

6 hours ago, LizTheRusher said:

Even if they don't perform at the show, any chance they will make an appearance? This isn't too far from me and I'm thinking about purchasing a ticket

Sometimes the bigger acts make video appearances instead of actual appearances. Considering they wrap up the month-long European tour the week before, I don't know if they'll want to head to Ohio that quickly... hard to say. That also is assuming they'll win. Which (although I'll probably get ripped on here for saying this) I highly doubt they will. These popularity contests never go well... the results are kind of hilarious sometimes. :P 

The event is really fun though. Very long, but fun! So if Green Day isn't the only reason you'd consider buying a ticket, you should still go. Usually performers play at most three songs and there are a lot of collaborations between artists. (You haven't lived till you've seen the lead singer of Creed do vocals for A Day to Remember! :lol:)

• 2 months later...

Just voted, was surprised to see that Green Day wasn't nominated for "best live band" though. 

The website was a real pain, kept getting rubbish pop-ups and all sorts of problems but managed to vote, but yes, they should be getting best live band!

Last day to vote!

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

The website was a real pain, kept getting rubbish pop-ups and all sorts of problems but managed to vote, but yes, they should be getting best live band!

The website is terrible, I ended up having to switch to internet explorer for it to work without crashing.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:37 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Sometimes the bigger acts make video appearances instead of actual appearances. Considering they wrap up the month-long European tour the week before, I don't know if they'll want to head to Ohio that quickly... hard to say. That also is assuming they'll win. Which (although I'll probably get ripped on here for saying this) I highly doubt they will. These popularity contests never go well... the results are kind of hilarious sometimes. :P 

You're right, although GD did win at iHeart Radio awards this year and wasn't that based on vote? Maybe not.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear this is getting bigger because I've been discouraged about the current music scene.There are just so many great bands that don't get mainstream attention at all anymore. Even alternative and rock stations play more old classics than they do new bands. I just don't understand it. Jakob Armstrong's band Mt Eddy, IMO, is absolutely amazing. I would love to see them get the attention and airplay that his dad's band did 😏. But it just seems hopeless anymore for rock to make a comeback. It does seem that the underground scene is thriving though. I do hope SWMRS gets best new video, although I like Mt Eddy better.

• 3 weeks later...

So these awards are tonight.  Doubt GD will win but I have my fingers crossed anyway!

On 4/25/2017 at 4:43 PM, Second favourite son said:

Fuck yeah, Creeper! I actually wanted to tune in to watch them present :P

32 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Fuck yeah, Creeper! I actually wanted to tune in to watch them present :P

I was gonna do that too!  Really hope they win!  Do you know what they're presenting?

Am I right in saying this livestream starts in just under 2 hours? https://music.amazon.com/apmas

59 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I was gonna do that too!  Really hope they win!  Do you know what they're presenting?

Am I right in saying this livestream starts in just under 2 hours? https://music.amazon.com/apmas

Nah I don't know. They just mentioned they were presenting on Twitter.

I wish the boys luck but seeming how poof these things are run and I haven't really seen green days social media beg for votes much I don't think they will win

Ma boy is hosting it tonight lol Andy Black! :runaround::dance:

Archived