whatsername cover

masondayot

One thing I have to say is, your production quality is staggeringly good! Just goes to show how much technology has moved on... Damn...

Hey Mason, what do you use to record your covers? Like, tell me everything. Because the quality is top notch and I'm really curious about your setup. 

THANk you,

its a a really simple set up to be honest.

the guitars you see in the video, a rodeNT1A mic and a cheap mobile interface into pro tools.

then I use primarily skate plug ins to do my work.

you can see the breakdown of every song I do with y no weekly behind the music series on the channel!

Offtopic:

One thing that people in the comment section say is that your mixing is better than that on Revolution Radio. Now, while you and I would object to that, I still think Green Day hasn't released an album quite as perfectly and  beautifully mixed and mastered since American Idiot! And I'd have to agree with people that Revolution Radio lost a bit of its potential because of what I perceive as bad mixing and mastering...

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Offtopic:

One thing that people in the comment section say is that your mixing is better than that on Revolution Radio. Now, while you and I would object to that, I still think Green Day hasn't released an album quite as perfectly and  beautifully mixed and mastered since American Idiot! And I'd have to agree with people that Revolution Radio lost a bit of its potential because of what I perceive as bad mixing and mastering...

DAMN, thats a compliment for sure haha.

But i wouldnt say the mixing is bad. It's different because, its by Andrew Scheps. My mixing style is closer to CLA, who has mixed most of the green day records we know and love. And of course AI is the best album !

Archived