Mike Dirnt selling two homes for $3.8 million and $4.8 million respectively.

Hero_Of_The_Hour

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely though these houses and the pics are, there is a stalker part of me that loves to see little bits of their real, occupied homes on IG ps etc, love to see they are messy and cluttered like anyone else's, love to see guitars, lets etc lying around.  Like that they share a little with us.

10 hours ago, crock6000 said:

Considering the market in Newport Beach and that we are at the top of the real estate market, he priced that to sell. He will get about 5-10% under that immediately, especially the Newport home.

Its amazing to me how middle class they live. Yes, their are two of them but my sister has a house that is worth more than both of those and she ain't Mike Dirnt.

Would love that Newport place.

Lol!

it ain't there.

Mike could afford a 30 million dollar mansion if he wanted.

I can't love your post enough to represent my true feelings- so I hope my one "like" helps though.

These are side real estate investments. If Mike and family actually spent a half dozen nights at either place I'd be shocked- possibly at one while spending time in the area, but like you said, if it were his primary home it would be a much more expensive place. Just running some quick rock star math with all their album sales and tours, etc. his primary home could be $20-30 million if he wanted (and I don't think it is- last I checked many years ago they were all living in $5-10 million places in the Bay area). So, if he wanted a second LA home for the several weeks a year they spend there, I would think he'd go for a waterfront, 5,000+ sq. ft. place, which would be about $10million.

If I had to guess- I haven't checked CA land records or anything, but it's all publicly available- I'd say they would all comfortably afford $40 million of houses apiece, and between the Bay, LA, and NY that leaves them about $10-15million to spread around in each location. And of course you'd spend the most at your primary home, so they could easily spend $20million for their primary houses if they chose. But I don't think they have- I haven't seen any news about them building mega mansions like I have with other celebrities and business "rock stars".

If those numbers seem outrageous, well, hopefully it's inspiration to work hard and achieve your dreams. You don't need to be a mega rock star to afford a $4million place like the one advertised here- you just need to do something well, work hard at it, and hopefully get a little lucky along the way. And that equation is fungible for sure- some have more luck than others, and some just outwork everyone else. And getting there through hard work (like these guys) is obviously the more fulfilling route.

From all that I have ever heard and believed about Billie, Mike and Tre, I can really believe that they aren't too materialistic.  I am not saying they don't live comfortably, of course they do and should, who doesn't want to, but they never seem "flash".  I wouldn't be surprised though if some of their side projects are just a little bit of a security blanket, just in case it all goes belly up one day with the band. Pretty tough to get used to a nice lifestyle and then one day find you can't afford it anymore.  That's happened to quite a few who made big money and breezed through it really quickly, which I imagine you could, quite easily.  Still hoping for my chance haha.  They probably have enough now that this isn't an issue, but it would also tie in with their backgrounds.

4 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

@Scattered Wreck which one do you want - I can buy both but I only need one holiday house in the US:happy:

Aww that is so sweet of you and to think I only got you a carrot wrapped in ribbon for your birthday.  I like the Montecito house, that bedroom and balcony are lovely, but I think it may just a bit too small for my taste. 

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Aww that is so sweet of you and to think I only got you a carrot wrapped in ribbon for your birthday.  I like the Montecito house, that bedroom and balcony are lovely, but I think it may just a bit too small for my taste. 

I will go as high as $15 million just for you.

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

I will go as high as $15 million just for you.

You are the best, I will start looking and let you know.

Those are nice places! Certainly looks like my ideal home. Great for jammin!!

TimmyChunks love your post, I've followed this band for a long time and at a very long distance but believe all you say here.  Quick question though, when you say Adrienne's contribution with the store is a rounding error, sorry, not sure what you mean, do,you mean just small beans?  Sure it probably is.

Don't apologise for gushing, have you never visited the fan girl,confessions thread lol :lol:

• 4 months later...

Green Day Bassist Mike Dirnt Chops Price on Montecito Beach House

YOUR MAMA’S NOTES: Mike Dirnt, founding member and lead bassist for the venerable pop-punk band Green Day, seems much in the mood to shake up his residential real estate portfolio that includes a quirky beachfront residence in the tony seaside community of Montecito that’s now priced at $4.05 million. The five-time Grammy-winning guitarist purchased the one-of-a-kind apartment-sized residence, located at the tail end of an exclusive gated private lane on Miramar Beach, in early 2014 and first set it out for sale earlier this year with an overly optimistic asking price of $4.8 million.

http://variety.com/2017/dirt/real-estalker/mike-dirnt-montecito-beach-house-green-day-1202559050/

The house pictured on the top of page 2 in Texas would only be in the 500-600k range 

that’s one thing I do not miss about California lol

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, jengd said:

TimmyChunks love your post, I've followed this band for a long time and at a very long distance but believe all you say here.  Quick question though, when you say Adrienne's contribution with the store is a rounding error, sorry, not sure what you mean, do,you mean just small beans?  Sure it probably is.

Don't apologise for gushing, have you never visited the fan girl,confessions thread lol :lol:

Sorry, I just saw this post after all this time when the topic bumped back up! I don't exactly remember the thread (and I don't see it in my most recent post here but I think it was earlier in the conversation) but I think it was in reference to the fact that Atomic Garden is just a miniscule percentage of their household income in all likelihood. It's an amazing store, and I'm sure both she and Billie are good businesspeople, but I don't see a way where it's a big contributor to their annual income or net worth. However, it's a passion of theirs and I'm sure they love many aspects of the store so therefore the value of running the enterprise isn't necessarily reflected in its cash flows. So: her store in all likelihood doesn't make a ton of money compared to album sales and touring/ royalties. But its probably intrinsically valuable to them since it represents good sustainable product in keeping with their values and the community in which it's located. And since they don't worry about money in all likelihood the latter part of that statement carries a lot of importance in the overall equation. Does that make sense (hopefully)? 

@TimmyChunks ha, I too had forgotten about this and don’t see your post either,, never mind.  Thanks for responding, I think we are having a classic conversation divided by the same language, that exactly what I meant by small beans.  It’s great though, and so good they have passions, it must be very easy to become jaded when you rally have been there, done that!

19 hours ago, jengd said:

@TimmyChunks ha, I too had forgotten about this and don’t see your post either,, never mind.  Thanks for responding, I think we are having a classic conversation divided by the same language, that exactly what I meant by small beans.  It’s great though, and so good they have passions, it must be very easy to become jaded when you rally have been there, done that!

Totally agree, and that's my favorite part about them. For the first 20+ years of being a fan my favorite part (and only connection) was the music- and it always will be obviously- but during the last year I've had a chance to see a little more about who they are as people up close and I couldn't be happier. You're totally right, they could be jaded or just resting on their laurels,  but they're not. Atomic Garden is a true passion, and they're proud of it. Same with a number of other efforts and causes. I've only had a chance to interact with them through their "side" efforts and I'll put it this way- despite all the success they are not kicking up their toes and coasting at this point. They are really passionate about various causes and beliefs and are 100% all-in on them. And I completely admire this.

Archived