Mike Dirnt selling two homes for $3.8 million and $4.8 million respectively.

Hero_Of_The_Hour

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/

Green Day's Mike Dirnt is ready to part with two coastal California homes  - LA Times April 22nd 2017

Mike Dirnt, bassist for the band Green Day, is ready to beat it out of two coastal California neighborhoods. He’s put homes in Newport Beach and Montecito on the market for $3.8 million and $4.8 million, respectively.

The Newport property, built in 1967 and recently updated, sits on a corner lot and is half a block from the beach.

The Cape Cod-inspired house has 2,500 square feet of living space that includes five bedrooms, four bathrooms, upper and lower kitchens and three separate living areas. Custom wood finishes, tongue-and-groove ceilings and shiplap siding give the interior a nautical vibe.

Wraparound balconies and a rooftop deck make the most of sweeping ocean views.

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

Up the coastline, the Montecito house lies in a gated enclave and has an oceanfront seat on Miramar Beach. The slender three-story is the tallest in the community and has glass doors and balconies on each floor.

The 1,186 square feet of ship-like interiors feature teak and Brazilian hardwood floors, teak cabinetry, two updated kitchens, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Retractable stairs on the top floor lead to an ocean-view lookout.

Cathy Titus of Coldwell Banker Property Shoppe and Nick Svensson of Compass hold the listing for the Montecito property. Titus and Tracy Bowie, an agent with Villa Real Estate, have the Newport listing. Dirnt, 44, is a founding member of Green Day and a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Among the rock group’s hits is “American Idiot,” “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and “Basket Case.”

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

338x600

1100x619

1100x619

1100x619

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a video on the LA Times page which I can't manage to post here

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

Why is this a thread :mellow: 

The same reason there is a thread every time Billie sells a car.

8 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

The same reason there is a thread every time Billie sells a car.

I don't understand those threads either but at least they're not listing photos or details of a place he lived in! 

Just now, jumpsalty said:

I don't understand those threads either but at least they're not listing photos or details of a place he lived in! 

if Billie put his used cleenex on Ebay the stalkers would put the auction up to six digits. I don't get it either, tbh. 

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

LA Times published it. He no longer lives there. It's news related to the band that is interesting to fans. There was a similar thread in 2012 when Billie sold a house.

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

LA Times published it. He no longer lives there. It's news related to the band that is interesting to fans. There was a similar thread in 2012 when Billie sold a house.

Yeah, I see no problem with the thread, and to be honest, if I lived in the area and was in the same price range I'd appreciate the post. Maybe I'd ask for the seller to throw in a personal tour!

54 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

We like to see where our money goes :lol:

best post in recent memory

7 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Yeah exactly it's a news story and it's not like having a thread about their current home/address. It's just mildly interesting to see how cool (and expensive damn :lol:) the house he lived in was. Although it's likely to have been redecorated for selling so it's not as interesting as say when Billie posted photos of his unusually decorated and messy house haha.

7 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

Why is this a thread :mellow: 

Maybe someone here might like to buy the property.

4 hours ago, Schlappy said:

We like to see where our money goes :lol:

Yeah, good to know he has a good taste :lol:

I would very much like to buy it :lol: Both of these properties are beautiful. But that would also need to involve me winning the lottery :P 

No thanks, the commute to work from either of those houses would be too much. 

These are the 2nd and 3rd properties he's done this with though. The first one was one he lived in a loooong time ago and renovated it after moving and in that article I recall that he mentioned he was trying to continue with real estate investments. So I don't know that these are literally his former family homes.

3 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

These are the 2nd and 3rd properties he's done this with though. The first one was one he lived in a loooong time ago and renovated it after moving and in that article I recall that he mentioned he was trying to continue with real estate investments. So I don't know that these are literally his former family homes.

Brit definitely posted pictures from the second house. That view is pretty unforgettable. 

5 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Brit definitely posted pictures from the second house. That view is pretty unforgettable. 

Right, but two at once isn't exactly their lifestyle right?

Eh, it doesn't matter ultimately. I think it's interesting to see his business prospects outside of music. Like Rudy's and then his real estate. I find it interesting, not stalkery.

Well, I guess I'm moving. :lol: 

14 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

if Billie put his used cleenex on Ebay the stalkers would put the auction up to six digits. I don't get it either, tbh. 

And we would probably have a thread about it. :lol: 

1 minute ago, RougeRogue said:

Right, but two at once isn't exactly their lifestyle right?

Eh, it doesn't matter ultimately. I think it's interesting to see his business prospects outside of music. Like Rudy's and then his real estate. I find it interesting, not stalkery.

Well I'm fairly sure his principal house is in the Oakland area, though I could be wrong, so the other two houses are holiday homes as such. I think I read a few months ago that he also sold a house in Ojai so technically he had three or four homes then :lol:

A lot of musicians, celebrities, and footballers live in really tacky houses, but those houses Mikes selling actually look really nice.

2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

No thanks, the commute to work from either of those houses would be too much. 

If you had multimillions to buy one of those houses you could quit your job :lol: 

I love the second one especially - I spot a dolphin on the wall that looks just like the one tattooed on my arm :cool: Shame it's a little over my budget :P 

3 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Well I'm fairly sure his principal house is in the Oakland area, though I could be wrong, so the other two houses are holiday homes as such. I think I read a few months ago that he also sold a house in Ojai so technically he had three or four homes then :lol:

The Ojai was that first one I mentioned that when they moved out of it, he redid the whole thing.

Having "homes" can mean having properties you plan to do something else with.

Again, it's whatever.

...found it.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-mike-dirnt-ojai-20161222-story,amp.html

Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt bids adieu to quaint home in Ojai

A limited liability company with ties to Mike Dirnt, bassist and vocalist for punk rock band Green Day, has sold a home in the Ojai Village area through a blind trust for $602,000.

Built in 1960, the white-hued bungalow features hardwood floors, custom-painted rooms and a living room with a brick fireplace. An eat-in kitchen, three bedrooms and 1.75 bathrooms also lie within 1,200 square feet of living space

Outdoors, there’s a brick patio, mature trees and landscaping. Drought-tolerant plantings flank the driveway and front landing.

The property last changed hands four years ago for $365,000, the public record shows. Hat tip to Celebrity Aerial Address for spotting the sale.

Cathy Titus of Coldwell Banker Property Shoppe was the listing agent, according to the Multiple Listing Service. Jeannie Nickerson of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties represented the buyer.

Dirnt, 44, is a founding member of Green Day and a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Among the group’s hits is “American Idiot,” “Brain Stew/Jaded” and “Basket Case.”

For those who don't know Ojai is Brits hometown. This looks like it was just a little cottage they had in her hometown so they could visit. It sold in December. 

550x309

400x225

400x225

400x225

400x225

Archived